Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is 'Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon' off the list?

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Just stopping by to say that I think with two guitarists, Manson should add this to the setlists again.

We've seen how much justice they've been doing to older songs, and the Heaven Upside Down material, Arma...Geddon could be strong as fuck with this line up.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Just stopping by to say that I think with two guitarists, Manson should add this to the setlists again.

We've seen how much justice they've been doing to older songs, and the Heaven Upside Down material, Arma...Geddon could be strong as fuck with this line up.
    I personally dont miss it ,i always thought it was one of his most boring song/single
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    I really love that song. The only thing I really hated about the live performance of it was that they used the pre-recorded track sample for the "Fuck...Eat, Kill, now do it again" It just made it sound cheesy and took you out of the intensity of the performance. Not that it was an "intense" song...or heavy or whatever....but... I don't know. I hate when band's do that for a big and important part of the song. It's fine if they sample some subtle keyboards or something almost undetectable....but this was obvious...and pointless. He could have easily sung that. It was like...too fast to sing live or something. Hell, atleast have another band member sing back up vocals on that part if Manson couldnt do it...they didnt need to sample it.
    I love the song but I fully agree with Mike 1,000% on this one.

It never came off particularly well live onstage, largely because of the overabundance of pre-recorded vocals in what was otherwise a visceral, live rock show.

:-\

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Even more reason for Manson to utilise what is now surely a much stronger live band to give Arma...Geddon the presence it deserves! I think it was written and performed at a time when he might have been enjoying a renewed relationship with Twiggy, but Ginger was getting ready to leave, Vrenna was doing whatever, and Manson was raging at Interscope. Next time Tyler tours with the band they should try it out!

If I were to see Manson live, I would choose any other song rather that Arma-Goddamn-Motherfucking-Geddon. To me it sounds flat, quite boring and simply not fresh enough. We're From America instead, being that simple, it seems to be a much better song (to me, of course) than the other.

It's weird because in that album songs like Wight Spider that are slower and less heavier in their pace, have such a power that is lacking in the singles somehow, when they were and still are usually loud and iconic, like The Beautiful People Disposable Teens, Rock is Dead, mOBSCENE, This is The New Shit, Deep Six, We Kknow Were You Fucking Live...

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Don't get me wrong, there's countless other songs I'd prefer to see live or that I think the band could do adequate justice to, but I had a craving for Arma...Geddon after listening to it recently, and there was a topic discussing that very thing, so.

If the band are happy and there's time to rehearse stuff, I'd support seeing a re-entry single every leg of a tour, doesn't matter what it is, it's just nice to see different line-ups interpret different songs.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

I would love to see this live again, fully support this!

I like the part where Twiggy came back and had to play a bunch of Skold stuff then as soon as he's gone Manson starts playing old Twiggy stuff, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    I like the part where Twiggy came back and had to play a bunch of Skold stuff then as soon as he's gone Manson starts playing old Twiggy stuff, lol.
    This...except 'old twiggy' stuff is primarily post-EMDM.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

I'm just glad that, out of all the songs in Manson's discography eternally neglected, there's a three page thread dedicated to crying about "Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon" not being played. No more fitting song to warrant such a discussion.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye