Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why is Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon off the list

Default why is Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon off the list

Just wondering why Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon has been off the set list as of late???

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Default Re: why is Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon off the list

From what I can see, Manson and the band are becoming less reliant on singles, and more on songs that not only transfer well live, but also keep more of a hard core audience happy. That isn't to say that Arma...Geddon wasn't good live, but if I could argue the toss between that and Wight Spider, it would be the latter all the way.

There was a fairly short time between the premiere of We're From America and Arma...Geddon also, and even today, We're From America is the strongest of the two as far as I am concerned, so I would prefer more pounding performances of that to be honest, as far as recent "singles" go.

Hope that helps, I think they're just trying to mix it up a bit, especially considering that Arma...Geddon seems to have been present for most of the European first leg and Mayhem dates, they may have just fancied a change.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

thanks for the info

You make many good points S.D., but I feel that Arma...geddon is far, far superior to We're From America. I really hope it returns to the setlist by the time they reach Australian shores.

Apparently they have stopped playing it just because Manson is bored of it. He also said they are trying to avoid stuff from Golden age and Eat me drink me, but they have been trying to play mobscene. I am not sure what is stopping them exactly though...

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

I'm glad that they're moving on but annoyed that when I saw the band, they were mostly doing singles. But yeah, I like both of the 'single' songs. I never got the dislike for We're From America, it's a great song.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

They've been easing various songs in and out from different eras, for different moods, for different crowds, it's been quite the revolving door tour for songs, and I really like that. It's cool if people like certain songs more than others, but I was pleased with what I saw last week, it'd been a long time coming and there was a good mixture of about ten years worth of material.

mOBSCENE might make an appearance, it's another one I know they've rehearsed, perhaps the moment for it hasn't presented itself yet. The Nottingham date is a far bigger venue than the others they've done in the UK so far if memory serves of the place, so perhaps mOBSCENE being a "bigger" song, it might fit a more expansive location.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

That would be cool if he does play it at Nottingham, I'm not sure how big the Trent FM Arena is, but being called an Arena I assume its bigger than some of the other venues he has played in the UK.

Its been really good how they keep switching songs around and changing the set lists, you just don't know what might happen.

It holds 10,000 but I've been told there's a lot of tickets still left.

I really love that song. The only thing I really hated about the live performance of it was that they used the pre-recorded track sample for the "Fuck...Eat, Kill, now do it again" It just made it sound cheesy and took you out of the intensity of the performance. Not that it was an "intense" song...or heavy or whatever....but... I don't know. I hate when band's do that for a big and important part of the song. It's fine if they sample some subtle keyboards or something almost undetectable....but this was obvious...and pointless. He could have easily sung that. It was like...too fast to sing live or something. Hell, atleast have another band member sing back up vocals on that part if Manson couldnt do it...they didnt need to sample it.