Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why is Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon off the list

don't worry i'm sure they'll replace it with more new singles from the new album

i suppose it does not really matter if Manson doesn't bother singing them properly anyway...
    Last edited by Reverend; 02-14-2012 at 05:10 AM. Reason: too cynical for athiests

We're From America is disliked because it sounds like a song that may have written by Green Day.
    Last edited by Reverend; 02-14-2012 at 05:11 AM. Reason: too cynical for athiests

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

You at least got to try if you want to play the part of the jaded cynic.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend View Post
    We're From America is disliked because it sounds like a Green Day song.
    Have you ever listened to Green Day?
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

i mean it sounds like it was written by Green Day, not sounds like Green Day

i listen to Manson's concerts from 95-97 especially, because that's the Marilyn Manson i like. basically every fan i know who listened to him in anti christ will acknowledge his records from 2005 onwards have been a Brian Warner album, pretty good but theres something wrong with his voice, he always uses special effects on his voice and each album loses more of the original voice, starting to be very noticable with goaog, but that still was a good album, but for example listen to minute of decay then listen to white spider you can hear the song would be much better if he didnt use those same old voice effects constantly.

why am i a cynic if i have been a fan for so long or vice versa? you can admit there has been a steady drop off since 2000, but manson and twiggy keep saying the next album will be better than anti christ, so we get our hopes up, lots of manson fans comment on youtube and happen to share the same view as me, that nothing too exciting has been happening with this band for a while, if even a twiggy return can't help change direction, then we may never hear the original marilyn manson that we liked, i think the last album was good, but by no means can brian warners relationships be a replacement fuel for the story of marilyn manson

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    You at least got to try if you want to play the part of the jaded cynic.

cynical [ˈsɪnɪkəl]
    adj
    1. distrustful or contemptuous of virtue, esp selflessness in others; believing the worst of others, esp that all acts are selfish
    2. sarcastic; mocking

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

We're From America is disliked because it sounds like a song that may have written by Green Day.
    Disliked by whom, exactly? I very rarely hear criticism of the song, and personally love it. Sweeping statements should have some validity or there's little point in making them. Also, I thought the topic was about Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon, not We're From America?

i listen to Manson's concerts from 95-97 especially, because that's the Marilyn Manson i like. basically every fan i know who listened to him in anti christ will acknowledge his records from 2005 onwards have been a Brian Warner album, pretty good but theres something wrong with his voice, he always uses special effects on his voice and each album loses more of the original voice, starting to be very noticable with goaog, but that still was a good album, but for example listen to minute of decay then listen to white spider you can hear the song would be much better if he didnt use those same old voice effects constantly.
    I know lots of fans who have been listening to his albums since Antichrist Superstar, and before. Few of them are ignorant enough to bypass what Manson's been saying since day one; everything that he does is Marilyn Manson. If that's not the sort of Marilyn Manson you like at any given time, then that's a sore point for you, but it's still Marilyn Manson. If you want a band to remake the same albums over and over again, then you're essentially asking them to make no progression, and become stagnant.

"Anyone who remains static is not only unimaginative but is being safe. The real safe thing for me would be to make another album like Antichrist Superstar, look the same way I looked, and say the same things in interviews. But I've grown tired of that. There's lots more to explore." - MM, 1998

why am i a cynic if i have been a fan for so long or vice versa? you can admit there has been a steady drop off since 2000, but manson and twiggy keep saying the next album will be better than anti christ, so we get our hopes up, lots of manson fans comment on youtube and happen to share the same view as me, that nothing too exciting has been happening with this band for a while, if even a twiggy return can't help change direction, then we may never hear the original marilyn manson that we liked, i think the last album was good, but by no means can brian warners relationships be a replacement fuel for the story of marilyn manson
    This post is something of a cluster-fuck so I'm not even sure where to start. You seem to be including everyone in your opinion, which is selfish, Manson's fanbase is diverse, and a couple of comments on YouTube (of all godforsaken forums) is hardly indicative of the hundreds and thousands of people all around the globe who love each stage of what Manson does.
    I don't remember Manson or Twiggy saying The High End Of Low would be "better" than Antichrist Superstar, even if that album was mentioned in passing when discussing it. If there's a quote I've not read about that though, please share it, I'd be interested to hear what was said.

Twiggy's return emphatically did change the band's direction, given that The High End Of Low and EAT ME, DRINK ME sound nothing like each other, so I'm not sure what you're meaning there. The last album was also focused on numerous different subjects, not solely on relationships Manson's been in, so if people are missing those other commentaries that's their fault really, not Manson's.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Disliked by whom, exactly? I very rarely hear criticism of the song, and personally love it. Sweeping statements should have some validity or there's little point in making them. Also, I thought the topic was about Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon, not We're From America?

I know lots of fans who have been listening to his albums since Antichrist Superstar, and before. Few of them are ignorant enough to bypass what Manson's been saying since day one; everything that he does is Marilyn Manson. If that's not the sort of Marilyn Manson you like at any given time, then that's a sore point for you, but it's still Marilyn Manson. If you want a band to remake the same albums over and over again, then you're essentially asking them to make no progression, and become stagnant.

"Anyone who remains static is not only unimaginative but is being safe. The real safe thing for me would be to make another album like Antichrist Superstar, look the same way I looked, and say the same things in interviews. But I've grown tired of that. There's lots more to explore." - MM, 1998

This post is something of a cluster-fuck so I'm not even sure where to start. You seem to be including everyone in your opinion, which is selfish, Manson's fanbase is diverse, and a couple of comments on YouTube (of all godforsaken forums) is hardly indicative of the hundreds and thousands of people all around the globe who love each stage of what Manson does.
    I don't remember Manson or Twiggy saying The High End Of Low would be "better" than Antichrist Superstar, even if that album was mentioned in passing when discussing it. If there's a quote I've not read about that though, please share it, I'd be interested to hear what was said.

Twiggy's return emphatically did change the band's direction, given that The High End Of Low and EAT ME, DRINK ME sound nothing like each other, so I'm not sure what you're meaning there. The last album was also focused on numerous different subjects, not solely on relationships Manson's been in, so if people are missing those other commentaries that's their fault really, not Manson's.
    Fair enough. I was just ranting cause I miss the old Manson so much :/

What's your favorite albums? I like Anti Christ and Holy Wood / Mechanical Animals tie for second. I though Eat Me Drink Me was better than THEOL because I found THEOL an eclectic collection like the songs didnt all fit together.

Not here to cause arguments, by the way