Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gidget Gein

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Default Gidget Gein

Looking just this minute for the exact details of the encounter that took place between Marilyn Manson and Madonna Wayne Gacy the first time they met, I read something that made me quite sad:-
    "Ministry's Stigmata came on and the Goths and psuedo-punks stopped dancing and started violently slamming. Much of the commotion was instigated by an effeminate, Crispin Glover-looking guy with purple hair, a mini-skirt and a leopard-skin leotard. He would eventually become our second bassist."
    Marilyn Manson - The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell
    Things like this I find to be rather affecting, that whether he was a fool for choosing heroin or not, we're all young and stupid sometimes, and now that the world has changed, people are older, the way things transpired for those original three Spooky Kids is rather upsetting given that they ended up so far apart, and in the case of Gein, stone cold.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Even though Manson is habitually addicted to alcohol and cocaine? He appears to be quite the hypocrite. He even spoke about conspiring to kill Gein and get away with it while they shared a hotel room one night during a Spooky Kids tour. Given his history of substance abuse, and dwindling life expectancy expectations. Manson may soon have more in common with Micheal Jackson than he often jokes about.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

the difference is, Manson still gets the job done substence use or not.
    he's in the middle of a world tour, and hasnt missed a show yet or had to cut one short due to substence use/abuse.
    your allegations are speculations and are more about your fantasy of his lifestyle then the actual truth.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

You see, with Manson I still think it is more about the appearance of the rock star, as opposed to behaviour that could really kill the man. I think that as an only child, and a self-confessed sociopath, he certainly has the capacity for self-destruction, but I also think he's too intent on annoying people to get lost that far in drugs.

Remember also that the more poignant thing about Gein was that he actually had very little when he died. No world tours, no flashing lights, no groupies or sycophants to even give the false impression that people cared about him across the planet, besides those he was in close correspondence with. I remember reading The Dirt for the first time and being struck by Nikki Sixx's very astute observation that "If I weren't a rock star no one would have cared".
    It's true to the fucking bone, and that may have been to the detriment of Gidget Gein, that artist or no, he still ended up very alone and not in a position to be lauded, which I find sad, whether I think the use of heroin is disgusting and foolish or not. It's always the way with these things, and is the very essence of Celebritarian, but I cursed myself after Gein died for not being more interested in his work. Although I believe he surrounded himself with some of the wrong people, he wasn't a bad sort of guy, just a little frail and self indulgent.

Go and watch some footage of him, and you will see a person who at times, is rather tender, and although a bit of a clown, not entirely dislikeable, and I think it a shame that more people weren't able to access that side of his personality and use it to pass better judgement on him.

Referring back to Manson, the same thing could actually be said. I think that although the scale is vastly altered, people are far too quick to criticise him (and many figures in the public eye, for that matter) before appreciating him both as an artist and as a person. He may have built this impenetrable version of himself, that even when represented as vulnerable is done so using faces and metaphors, but he's also not an idiot, and is an artist. I think that should be respected. I said a long time ago that I don't want to see my heroes die, and that includes Marilyn Manson, foremost in fact. His words and art have been there with me for almost half my life now, and certainly all of my adult life, and I think that there are too many people out there who see the status of admirer as a flippant one, to be toyed with and to turn Manson into a figure of ridicule. There are few creative figures in the upper echelons of the media world today that can claim to be inseparable from their art, to be the art, and Manson is one who can, motherfuckers should recognise and appreciate that a little more often. I think Gein desperately wanted to achieve that sort of equilibrium, but didn't have the options around him that Manson does.

Nevertheless, I still maintain there is a firm degree to which Manson is play-acting - "Stop rehearsing alcohol and start performing narcotics" - perhaps a level on which Gein sadly didn't operate, and let his demons consume him.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Default Re: Gidget Gein

No, I don't think Gein had any intentions of reaching superstardom. He was just fine and happy with his underground work in the Unpop movement. The real problem is that he was a fucking heroin addict and killed himself in an overdose.

Manson, yes, he's a brilliant mind and all that, is now a fucking drug addict. Let us pray that he won't fall into GG's steps.

"Breulaueutt Ifffff I waaasss yyyoooorrrr vaaaamppppppprrrrr...... Steeeevvveee hand me a drink, no LIKE A FUCKING DRINK, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ARE AVERAGE.... doo dooo dooo... rock n roll.... this... this... this... this... is so stupid.... this... si si si si..... wowowooooowww... cuuummm my eeeyyyeee... never want you there anyway...."

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

I'll take a word from Trent Reznor and agree with the man as Manson is a shadow of his former self - figuritively and in reality. He may have used drugs quite often and rampantly in 1990's but was no where near as drunk or high as he is now. I was just listening to a festival that was in June from Spain and he's in an obviously drunken state as he fumbles to squeal his way through the Beautiful People. In 1998 this was unthinkable, he has never been too great of a singer but then he did a good enough job pretending to be and even at times did sound good. I think he should lay off the alcohol more than cocaine or whatever else he uses nowadays.

I firmly believe he won't die of an overdose but being a chronic drunk as of late won't be helping him much either.

Now for the other man,

Gidget Gein may have been a terrible junkie but his contributions and music were nothing short of interesting. His presence could be felt and can still be felt on Portrait of an American Family. True he did record bass for the album but just the aesthetics and imagery match what he had going for him shortly before he died. he never tried to acheive super star status after Manson and just faded into the woodwork and did what he was good at - painted, artworks, music, maintained his site, etc He's miles ahead in dignity than Berkowitz is and ever was. he's still trying to muster up any remnant of the past he hates so much and make a buck on it.
    I use words sharp as a sword

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Gidget Gein was awesome despite everything. I like his (Dali Gaggers) Confession's Of A Spooky Kid CD and I LOVE his contribution to early Manson, I love that era. It sucks that the band doesn't play anything from the first album.

Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by archdandydotcom
    the difference is, Manson still gets the job done substence use or not.
    he's in the middle of a world tour, and hasnt missed a show yet or had to cut one short due to substence use/abuse.
    your allegations are speculations and are more about your fantasy of his lifestyle then the actual truth.
    Agreed entirely. Maybe he is or isn't wasted on cocaine and absinthe 24/7. Maybe those dodgy interviews were exaggerated, maybe not. We don't know. The fact remains though that despite his level of sobriety, Manson still manages to operate and go and do his shows and, as he is still able to function normally, many people would say that that defines him as not being an addict.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Alumni

GEin was clean for years, and very candid about the addiction and the struggle with it.

Sadly, for whatever reason, and I believe it was moving to Hollywood that did it, he sucummbed again to that addiction.

Analysing it, or comparing his use to Manson's - can't do that. The fact is, he was just a human being who had a human flaw - this has nothing to do with whom he was in terms of being GG from MM. But just a man, who won many battles against his addiction but sadly lost the war against it.

He never sought stardom or fanfare or lights and would often shun it, which was why although the move to LA was understandable, I wish he has stayed in Florida. It's a shame.
    Nineteen76Designs: Clients are; Rob Zombie, Sheri Moon Zombie, John 5

Exaggeration means the describing of something and making it more than it really is.
    ''He Not Busy Being Born Is Busy Dying'' - Bob Dylan