Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smells Like Children, 14 years later

Default Re: Smells Like Children, 14 years later

^^No offense, but... I bet everyone in here already knew all those facts.

LIke Mexicanfiend, the first two tracks of Smells Like Children, was my first immersive exposure to Mr. Manson. I had never imagined that these types of nightmarish sounds were capable of being enjoyed as a musical form. I was only about 12 years old but even the spoken track May Cause Discoloration.. became a favorite track and never really skipped it. Fuck Frankie always turned me on and me and enjoyed filling in the lines on White Trash. This album was a carnival of fuck and Scabs, Guns, and Peanut Butter is unskippable for me. I never thought about it, but Peaches is right when she says the song makes you feel alien: it is true. Only recently did I start to really like the cover of I Put A Spell on You but now absolutely love it; it has become part of my life soundtrack. I fell in love the album all over again when I discovered the original, uncut copy of the album. The Oompa Loompa intro to Everlasting Cocksucker is the best intro ever! If any of you kiddie winkies here have not had a chance to listen to this version, it is worth hunting down just for that intro.

Original AIDS provider.

Sadly I've never managed to get my hands on the original, no. Hopefully I'll get around to listening to it one day.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

While the samples on the original do add to it, it's not a night and day difference. In fact, I honestly prefer the version without the Abuse pt 1 & 2 on it. Those tracks just don't creep me out as much as the new intro put on the 2nd version of SLC.

This was also Ginger's first recording session with the band, so I think looking where the band was and where they are now, I think one could say we might see THEOL as this era's SLC - the transition period to the next milestone.