Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Did you like the video?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Impressed.

27 79.41%
  • Didn't meet my expectations.

7 20.59%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Analysis of the Running to the Edge of the World video

Alumni

The violence is not a new thing - BUT it's how raw it is here. Now I understand the use and so am not condemning Manson for it. I may have expressed revulsion, but that's mainly because as I said, it cuts close to the mark, BUT I think what gets people is how in his expression of hurting one and actually yourself he does it with the brutal depiction of violence towards the 'Evan' lookalike. You'll have to forgive that not everyone in the world understands the deeper meaning that Manson is conveying, that the violence is a metaphor and almost a self flagulation.

And of course as humans, and I think in part Manson is saying this, e are brutal, and self destructive, we hurt - hurt the one we love the most - we inflict pain on others and in doing so hurt ourselves the most.

Manson in his eyes asks for forgiveness at the same time as seeks revenge for the pain done unto him and the pain he does himself.

BUT I do think we should not be too harsh on those that may be questioning the violence. Their questions come in part of self remembrance, not wanting to admit that they themselves have reached inside and found that giver of pain even if it is for fantasy only, and those like me who have seen the destruction of one upon another all too clearly.

I said something on one of the videos on FB, about how the depiction, no matter how crude is deeper than this and that no matter how violent, the one thing we know it's a metaphor, Manson is not Chris Brown.
    Nineteen76Designs: Clients are; Rob Zombie, Sheri Moon Zombie, John 5

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra
    Quote Originally Posted by S.D.
    If Evan was Manson's "twin", then is he not killing a part of himself in the video?
    "Every time I kill you I'm really just killing myself"
    I totally agree, Me and S.D. were talking about the exact same lyrics last night. When I watched the video yesterday, those lyrics came to mind straight away.

Is it just me or sometimes during this video do you imagine instead of being a video for Running To The Edge Of The World that it would be more suited for I Want Kill You Like They Do In The Movies? Is it just me?

Alumni

I don't know, I think it works for this song because of the rawness, the heart on sleeve for Manson in this song. I think any other song would have distracted from the initial part of the video - the sadness etc.
    Nineteen76Designs: Clients are; Rob Zombie, Sheri Moon Zombie, John 5

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

When I watched the video yesterday, around 4.24 into the video, it takes you in through the hotel room and then around into the bathroom, that part of the video reminded me of a scene in The Shining (Stanley Kubrick).

In The Shining there is a scene were Jack goes into room 237, and it just shows the view of the camera going through the hotel room and ending up in the bathroom, which is also the place where there is a woman dead in the bathtub... although she does get out of it, but she is dead.

I'm not saying these are connected in any way, It's just something I thought of when I watched the video.

Here is the clip on youtube, I think some of you will know what I am on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakob Synn
    Is it just me or sometimes during this video do you imagine instead of being a video for Running To The Edge Of The World that it would be more suited for I Want Kill You Like They Do In The Movies? Is it just me?
    It seems almost like a prelude! The video seems like it's grabbing Running which would be basically just Manson looking into the camera, and with each of the "distorted" sounds later on in the song, it starts to get bloodier... getting the movie ready for the next track. It's great. If only we knew what the visuals for Blank and White are.... I can imagine WOW as Manson drugged up, sprawled out in front of his bedroom wall, with flashes and clips of his experiences with women.

Seriously, The High End of Low is a FUCKING film.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Anybody ever see this. It reminds me of the video sorta. Manson had to be influenced by this some how...

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I was sure this was lying around somewhere, but I can't find it, so here we are. A visual parallel:-

"the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Hmm... I can't even see your photos on Provider Module. :/ I will try Firefox, I use Chrome.

EDIT: Google Chrome does not recognize your images. That is strange, Ive never had that problem.
    Last edited by [god]speed; 03-17-2010 at 10:22 PM.