Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GAOG Theory

You have a very good theory. What does everyone think of the theory that all of Manson's albums are one story?
    And We Said Till We Die.

I can see each one being an extension of another.
    However I feel POAF is more a first/easy (e) reader.
    I do not feel it has any real development to the story.
    I also do not adhere to the idea of the triptych that is the most bullshit idea ever. Its backwards....whatever.
    They are like chapters, obviously, since they come from the same brain.
    I feel like there is a break in there. I just cannot place the exact location. And at the break the POV changes.
    but I take heavy drugs so nothing i say is real.

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

I tend to pile Doppelherz in with the golden age of grotesque, and what I got from it all it that it marked the end of the Marilyn Manson era and the beginning of a new one. The theatric-themed shows and lyrics seem to be somewhat of a parody of what Marilyn Manson had become up to that point. Kind of how mechanical animals was a parody of the antichrist superstar. Only I think this one is more an overall piece about Marilyn Manson. Marilyn Manson, in this album, is only here to entertain. But as Doppelherz says, this era is the last we hear from Marilyn Manson.
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

I see stronger parallels between Portrait and GAOG than any other Manson record. Both are running commentaries on American civilization as he found it at the time without also being coherent narratives. And both share a similar sense of entertainment and playfulness that something like Holy Wood doesn't possess.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post