Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: List your Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mechanical View Post
    I still think that's just so goddamn cool, dave.
    I'm sure you explained it back when you announced it in your thread, but how did your relationship with the company begin?
    Thanks :) Im not sure exactly how we got involved, our guitarist loved their guitars, but not many rock or metal bands seem to use them. We got some heavy sounds out of them. We have some new material we are currently working on, which is a lot different, and they like it,saw we play hagstrom and sorted us out an endorsement deal.Think they are trying to attract the rock market some more. They plug us well too, still near top of the roster months on. http://hagstrom-guitars.co.uk/769.0.html

Original AIDS provider.

Sorry guys, no pics for now, but I'll try and get some up soon. I have:

Drums:
    Yamaha stage custom kit in a matte finish wine red.
    22" kick, 10", 12", 14", 16" toms, 14" steel snare.
    Sabian 14" AAX stage hats, 16" AA fast and bright crashes, 20" Solar ride*
    Zildjian 18" Z Custom china
    Iron Cobra double pedal and hi-hat stand
    Roland SPD-S
    Tama Rhythm Watch
    Shure in-ear monitors
    Regal Tip 2B sticks

* These cymbals are all on the road to replacement, starting first with the fast crash, which has just got to go. It was fine when I got it years ago, but it's just too puny for the music I play now in a live venue. Also looking for a new ride, but yet to find something I really like, and one day I'll get round to getting some darker and warmer hats.

Recording:
    Mbox 2
    Pro Tools LE7
    Shure SM57
    Rode NT1-A
    JTS drum mic set
    Roland DS-5 monitors.

While it doesn't look like much, it's served me well and it's gear I'm very happy with and will keep on using. I've gotten some excellent recordings off of it, especially the stuff I'm working on now.

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mechanical View Post
    I like that Super Swede Tremar you posted, [god]speed. That vibrato system looks a bit like a Bigsby, I always thought they look really cool, but only on certain guitars.

Is that a Rickenbacker 360 in that in the second picture, DecayingSinner? (and I don't know if you noticed the first image is showing an inactive account sign) I don't know a great deal about Rickenbacker's, but I always think they make striking looking models.
    Thanks....the photo I was trying to post is of my gothic Epiphone bass. Such a beautiful sound they produce. Yes, I have a Rickenbacker 360. Mine is a slightly worn. I bought it used about 15 years ago and have been through many guitars since then and that one has withstand my playing. The guitar is a freaking god. The sound and beauty of it is truly worth every penny. It is my most prized possession.
    Last edited by DecayingSinner; 12-30-2009 at 07:48 PM.

I was wondering when I saw Manson live if Twiggy was playing a Rickenbacker during the set?

Original AIDS provider.

Yeah, I think I've seen him with one a couple of times, but guitars aren't my #1 thing so don't take it as definite, it may have been something similar.

I think Empirical Guy I is right. As I said in my last post, I don't know much about Rickenbackers so I couldn't tell you any more detail, but I definitely remember seeing him with one.

...Nah, but to be serious though, I want to experiment with using my MacBook as a keyboard in itself. Didn't NIN record Year Zero entirely on Garageband?

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

I haven't made music or sounds in a while (because i'm sick of being limited to only electronic stuff or ambient stuff) but I do have;

Macbook
    Logic Express, Reason 3.0 or 2.5 and a few random programs
    An M-audio midi controller
    Lexicon alpha (an external soundcard basically)
    an Alesis drum machine
    A huge oversized Yamaha synth from the 80's that I barely use but once in a blue moon do use.
    Last edited by Dronepool; 01-06-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Favenris View Post
    ...Nah, but to be serious though, I want to experiment with using my MacBook as a keyboard in itself. Didn't NIN record Year Zero entirely on Garageband?
    I wanted to try that, but could never figure out how to use the program, something always goes wrong for me. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    I wanted to try that, but could never figure out how to use the program, something always goes wrong for me. :(
    What problems are you having?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dronepool View Post
    IA huge oversized Yamaha synth from the 80's that I barely use but once in a blue moon do use.
    What model is it? I'm massively into old-school 80's analog synths so I'm already potentially foaming at this.