Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Least Favourite Album Or Songs

Mutilation is the Most Sincere Form of Flattery. It just doesn't flow. The way he's singing sounds painful, coughing and barking out the words, etc...just unpleasant listening.

Highway To Hell cover. Meh. Just meh. Doesn't do anything for me at all.

Those are the only ones I REALLY have problems with...some days I may skip some songs, some days I wont skip those songs. I'm fickle :)

I will change the channel if tainted love comes on

I guess I'm with M tragedy666 on this one... there are things I like more than others, but nothing I really dislike :/
    some songs I hated at first but grew on me later and became my favourites... so I guess this you have my "unreal replie" :D

Follow Celiny-O On Twitter Add Celiny-O on Facebook Follow Celiny-O on Tumblr

Hmm...I'd have to say Dune Buggy, Suicide Snowman and Unkillable Monster.
    I don't know what it is, maybe the vocals. It's not that I hate those songs, I just don't enjoy listening to them as much.
    I'm pretty sure Unkillable Monster is growing on me though.
    "I've always wondered who makes those minuscule ziploc bags. What sandwich is going to fit in one of those?" - Marilyn Manson

Original AIDS provider.

I'll kiss some ass and say I don't think there's really a bad song as such, Manson's worst song is still far better than what most bands today could manage. However, discounting covers and Spooky Kids demos, my least listened to album is... Lest We Forget. Ok, probably doesn't count :p In all seriousness though, that album never gets touched unless I'm watching the DVD or feel like listening to LHROOH (which I do love). After that, probably The Last Tour On Earth.

Ok, so those aside, and sticking to studio albums, my least listened to are EMDM and Portrait. Not sure which is the least out of those two. I like them both, but I just find I need to be in very specific moods to enjoy them both, and it's a mood I'm not often in. When I get in that mood though, nothing else will fill the hole and those albums just rock.

My least favourite song and, in my opinion, Manson's worst, is Mutilation. While many gripe about the lyrics, for me the problem is the music. When I first heard it, by that point on the album I was thinking "not another song with a swing groove". That jazzy, swung, 'danceable' feel was a little too overused on that album, to the point where Mutilation suffered for it.

Alumni

My least favourite album would have to be The Golden Age Of Grotesque, and the song Ka-boom Ka-boom, it just grates on me,

ka boom ka boom ma
    ka boom ka boom ma

I've always disliked Wormboy. That song just gets on my nerves to no end.
    Unkillable Monster is usually skipped as well. I just find it to be rather boring.

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    My least favourite song and, in my opinion, Manson's worst, is Mutilation. While many gripe about the lyrics, for me the problem is the music. When I first heard it, by that point on the album I was thinking "not another song with a swing groove". That jazzy, swung, 'danceable' feel was a little too overused on that album, to the point where Mutilation suffered for it.
    A lot of Manson's hits tend to use that swing groove, so perhaps he relies on it sometimes, but I always enjoy it, probably because I can't think of many other really good bands who use it that much.

People sometimes say others only like all of a band's output because they're their favourite band, but Manson is my favourite band because I like all of the songs, rather than the other way around.
    I've always had a bit of a problem with the way the vocals are mixed on Eat Me, Drink Me, as well. I know some may point out 'that's the way they're meant to sound', but I find they're mixed a bit loud with certain effects that for whatever reason just don't sit well with my ears. Despite liking all of the songs on that album, I do find it hard to listen to in one sitting unless I'm really in the mood for it, which is magnified by listening through headphones.

To end, S.D. is mental, Tourniquet is amazing. ;)
    I'm kidding of course, different strokes for different folks and all, but that song always holds a special place with me because it was the first one I heard and I really loved it.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Dare I say, I actually dislike "Mr.Superstar". I also dislike "You, Me, and the Devil makes 3". Even though I practically grew up with his albums, pre-Portrait, I have some sort of personal "affiliation" with the latter 2 records. I would dare to say that they are a 2 headed monster that epitomizes my life over the last 5 years. I appreciate these last two records more now that I am grown up, even though I love the more conceptual albums. My least favorite album would have to be Portrait. I hate to say it. I can listen to it for sentimental value, but I rarely listen to it. The only songs I like off of it are "Cake and Sodomy", "Wrapped in Plastic", "Snake Eyes and Sissies", and "Misery Machine".
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Worst album is Eat Me, Drink Me. Manson songs can usually be relied on to provide either "fast and rocking" or "interesting/quirkymusic", but that album's almost completely devoid of both.
    The worst Manson song is If I Was Your Vampire, which is boring as hell and twice as long as it should be.