Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 9 of 301 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Manson Social Networking Updates!

'' Originally Posted by ieoshua
    If he talks about an actual "new era" I'd like to see something completely different, specially image-wise entertaining like shaving the eyebrowns, new clothing, I don't know... it's been two tours with the same no-sleeve t shirt and it's been really boring (of course there was very good stuff on stage) but I want Manson to make me look for new pictures or bootlegs like they used to years ago. New era? we'll see...''

exactly what i was thinking, there...i don't like the eyebrows at all. it's something that's set him apart from so many other singers.

anyway, awesome to hear the new era's already being planned!!! :D
    Last edited by RevManz; 01-15-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

So ... something different ... like shaved eyebrows? lol
    You guys are too damn funny sometime.

Follow ieoshua On Twitter Follow ieoshua on Tumblr Visit ieoshua's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    So ... something different ... like shaved eyebrows? lol
    You guys are too damn funny sometime.
    Obviously the shaved eyebrowns are not new, I was referring to a new character as center of a new Manson artistic image. Not all of us have this past era as our favourite, If you disagree it's ok.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Trust me, I know it's okay to disagree ;)
    I think this new era will be something totally new, especially for the band as a whole. Even if MM went and tried to do a "new" character, the fact that he goes back to that method is actually just reverting to something old and "safe".

Follow ieoshua On Twitter Follow ieoshua on Tumblr Visit ieoshua's Instagram Channel

Yeah, at this point I find difficult to believe he's gonna come along with an impactful new phase/era/style but I'll try to trust them =)

I don't think Marilyn needs to shave his eyebrows (although he looks better without them) or create a new stage persona in order to produce a "fresh" era. I agree with Cringeon. Doing so would be a really safe move, and indicate a lack of growth rather than any meaningful progression. Even Bowie ditched the stage persona element eventually, and I think his work grew enormously as a result.

I definitely would like to see the guy dress a little better. I think the aborted CC era showed a lot of promise, aesthetically- without Manson creating a "character." What will really indicate a new "era," will be a consistent and coherent use of thematics. I thought THEOL was an amazing album... in a vacuum. I could have done without the stupid interviews about pubic swastikas, trash-talking, and shitty videos. Things got a little more fun towards the end when Manson figured out how to post photos to myspace with his iPhone, but even then- how many shots of stage blood-soaked panties did we really need? In a lot of respects, I felt there wasn't a whole lot going on there.

So my hope is that when Manson says "era," it doesn't mean he's going to start dressing like a medieval plague doctor or something (although I'd be fine with it if he did, lol), but that all the "secondary" elements of the new album will enhance it and not detract from it.

Quote Originally Posted by mymonkey66 View Post
    hey guys i check something in this photo

i think this means something
    Do u know where can I get the original image at that scale size?

Quote Originally Posted by Principiante View Post
    You should contact the user Bullsik over at the babalon, he/she made this piece :)
    The Marilyn Manson Wiki is not wikipedia.

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Principiante View Post
    http://bullsik.deviantart.com/art/Am...tist-150485318
    I use words sharp as a sword

So only by talking with the guy we can get a "close up" of the entire picture?
    Btw, thanks ;)