Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970

Thread: New Member Introductions

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    Don't give up, the first three posts are moderated painfully slowly, but from there on out it is as quick and pain free as it can be. :) Think of it as a really crappy rite of progress.

These are all excellent (and diverse!) choices. Nice to see someone else who enjoys WOW - all too often it is dismissed out of hand. But I find it really catchy and funny. Evidence is perfection, same as of course, Coma White. As for the collab with Shooter - hello voice.

Are you listening to the albums or simpky dipping in and out?

Hope your The Walking Dead addiction is going well. :)
    I read the lyrics. Do that with pretty much every song I like.
    It's the great thing about music and everything else "artsy" - There is no final answer and what I might have a certain oppinion about. It's not the right answer. Your thoughts might be just as correct as mine. Even though I like facts :P

My addiction is going very well. Just finished season 6 and I'm starting over for the 20th time or so.

Do you have an addiction like that?
    A song, movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonia View Post
    I read the lyrics. Do that with pretty much every song I like.
    ....... Even though I like facts :P

My addiction is going very well. Just finished season 6 and I'm starting over for the 20th time or so.
    How rarely I hear someone say that they read the lyrics as a way to work out what they like! Especially now so much music is simply downloadable and liner notes are not as easily accessible. It is a reason why I always enjoy Little Horn so much, because I really love the lyrics.

Facts are great, but (says the humanities student) sometimes it is good to remember that even facts are contextual and require careful analysis so as not to over extend one's interpretation. :D

Do you have an addiction like that?
    A song, movie?
    Impressive!

Marilyn Manson would definitely count as pretty high on my list of addictions like that. It is impossible to keep track of how many times I have heard various songs and albums, but also equally concert bootlegs etc. Similarly a whole host of other bands - currently St Vincent, having a bit of a NIN renaissance, L7, ... and this list could get quite long!

But outside of Manson, I suppose I tend more towards books that I re read and read and read and read. Maybe The Godfather films (I watch them bi annually and have for years, so that is a fair few viewings). Buffy the Vampire Slayer when I was younger. Slightly addicted to any film with Jet Li in it. First series of Peaky Blinders.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

How rarely I hear someone say that they read the lyrics as a way to work out what they like! Especially now so much music is simply downloadable and liner notes are not as easily accessible. It is a reason why I always enjoy Little Horn so much, because I really love the lyrics.

Facts are great, but (says the humanities student) sometimes it is good to remember that even facts are contextual and require careful analysis so as not to over extend one's interpretation. :D

Impressive!

Marilyn Manson would definitely count as pretty high on my list of addictions like that. It is impossible to keep track of how many times I have heard various songs and albums, but also equally concert bootlegs etc. Similarly a whole host of other bands - currently St Vincent, having a bit of a NIN renaissance, L7, ... and this list could get quite long!

But outside of Manson, I suppose I tend more towards books that I re read and read and read and read. Maybe The Godfather films (I watch them bi annually and have for years, so that is a fair few viewings). Buffy the Vampire Slayer when I was younger. Slightly addicted to any film with Jet Li in it. First series of Peaky Blinders.
    I have to like the lyrics too. I think that's why I first got "hooked" later. Everything I heard uptil then it was just noise to me. He was just screaming for the sake of screaming. I need to hear the words otherwise I get bored, unless it's instrumental of course.

What's impressive?

Books are amazing. They can mess with your mind in a way no movie can.
    Last edited by Plutonia; 12-17-2017 at 10:36 PM.

I have to like the lyrics too. I think that's why I first got "hooked" later. Everything I heard uptil then it was just noise to me. He was just screaming for the sake of screaming. I need to hear the words otherwise I get bored, unless it's instrumental of course.

What's impressive?

Books are amazing. They can mess with your mind in a way no movie can.

It is true, there is a lot of screaming, especially as you listed some of the heavier songs. Although it really is often my most enjoyed thing - Manson screaming his heart out makes me happy. And I meant that you going straight to the lyrics is impressive because it is often the other way around. A bit old school in a good way :)

I concur - and they can linger in a way that changes an entire week or month. Very few movies will do that for me.

It is true, there is a lot of screaming, especially as you listed some of the heavier songs. Although it really is often my most enjoyed thing - Manson screaming his heart out makes me happy. And I meant that you going straight to the lyrics is impressive because it is often the other way around. A bit old school in a good way :)

I concur - and they can linger in a way that changes an entire week or month. Very few movies will do that for me.
    Can you mention a few songs where his screaming makes you happy?

I can only think of 2 movies that sticks with me like that. The green mile and a beautiful mind. God I cry every time - Every time :D

Can you mention a few songs where his screaming makes you happy?

I can only think of 2 movies that sticks with me like that. The green mile and a beautiful mind. God I cry every time - Every time :D
    Since you asked, lol. It may be a matter of stopping me, because all of them. But for starters....

White Spider
    The live version -
    https://youtu.be/Y-NDj_f133E

The alternate version of course -
    https://youtu.be/aci999fGT74

Mister Svperstar
    Orignal and piano versions -
    https://youtu.be/jaQxARF7KEg

Reflecting God
    Any version ever. Too many to list.

Fundamentally Loathesome
    Best of all it is a double track of him screaming around himself. Glorious.

The Nobodies
    Oh the accoustic version where you can here him cracking up all over the place.

Born Again
    Makes me grin like a loon

King Kill 33
    Just a Car Crash Away
    Sweet Dreams (are made of this)
    Warship My Wreck
    The end of Je$u$ Crisis because well. Incoherent screaming on point.

Anything I listed in this thread: http://www.providermodule.com/forum/...-vocal-moments

..... and many more. :)

As for film: Requiem for a Dream, Anders als der anderen, Godfather 2, Nosferatu, The Story of the Weeping Camel.
    Last edited by Enname; 12-20-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Default Pink Pope curses you all

Hi there fellas, I used to be around back then when the community was called MansonUSA, so I recognize a lot of nicknames and people here, which is nice. I was very young at that moment so let's start this again- I'm from Spain, so my english will be, at most, average, and I'm happy to come back, because that means one thing; Manson is an artist I can relate to again, as I did in the beggining.

I have always been a hardcore fan so I guess "anything" he relases is something I'm interested in and something I buy, but since Golden Age of Grotesque/Eat Me, Drink Me eras I must say I lost part of interest not in his persona but in his music. I felt he was over, which is nothing to be ashamed nor to critisize when you have such amazing records on your back that will never die, but I felt the musical experience was not half as strong as I expected from him, and I'm not talking about loud guitars and fast rythms, I'm talking about the power and the magic(k) of the music itself.

When The Pale Emperor was released, I couldn't believe how good it sounded, how well the style aged in that way and how finally with Tyler Bytes he found someone who knows how to work with him. Now it's a new sound, but last two albums are incredible to me, layered and filled with details, amazing production, songs, lyrics, and most of all; it has the power.

So I'm back, and please don't fuck with me, I may know where you fucking live.
    Last edited by Pink Pope; 02-10-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Pope View Post
    Hi there fellas, I used to be around back then when the community was called MansonUSA, so I recognize a lot of nicknames and people here, which is nice. I was very young at that moment so let's start this again- I'm from Spain, so my english will be, at most, average, and I'm happy to come back, because that means one thing; Manson is an artist I can relate to again, as I did in the beggining.

I have always been a hardcore fan so I guess "anything" he relases is something I'm interested in and something I buy, but since Golden Age of Grotesque/Eat Me, Drink Me eras I must say I lost part of interest not in his persona but in his music. I felt he was over, which is nothing to be ashamed nor to critisize when you have such amazing records on your back that will never die, but I felt the musical experience was not half as strong as I expected from him, and I'm not talking about loud guitars and fast rythms, I'm talking about the power and the magic(k) of the music itself.

When The Pale Emperor was released, I couldn't believe how good it sounded, how well the style aged in that way and how finally with Tyler Bytes he found someone who knows how to work with him. Now it's a new sound, but last two albums are incredible to me, layered and filled with details, amazing production, songs, lyrics, and most of all; it has the power.

So I'm back, and please don't fuck with me, I may know where you fucking live.

Your English so far seems perfectly fine. I wasn't around for the 'Phant, but hey, pleased to meet you anyway. Welcome back into the fold. :)

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

I joined the Phant when I was 14 and I made some cutesy, self-important introduction post and was rightfully shut the fuck down like a cringy retard. I feel like we need some of that back. So maybe these new folks should make themselves known to the board by way of participating in forum conversations that aren't about your favorite color or Manson album. Bah humbug.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eel View Post
    I joined the Phant when I was 14 and I made some cutesy, self-important introduction post and was rightfully shut the fuck down like a cringy retard. I feel like we need some of that back. So maybe these new folks should make themselves known to the board by way of participating in forum conversations that aren't about your favorite color or Manson album. Bah humbug.

Cynical old age is upon him, hear it roar.

Given there are so few new folks who post at all we might as well suffer the cringe and at least try to get them to broaden out rather than haze the near extinct into nothingness.