Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: openning songs

Default openning songs

Hi there
    Does anyone knows the name of the 2 songs that used to be played before MM intro in this last tour? These are the ones that start being played while the lights aren't of yet.

Can anyone clarify my doubts?
    Thanks

I was asking this in the Birmingham gig thread and was told they where : 'I feel just like a child' by Devendra Banhart and then 'My shit's fucked up' by Warren Zevon. Both great songs in their own right (never heard them before), but in the context of pre-show, fits so well.

Quote Originally Posted by timoldbean View Post
    I was asking this in the Birmingham gig thread and was told they where : 'I feel just like a child' by Devendra Banhart and then 'My shit's fucked up' by Warren Zevon. Both great songs in their own right (never heard them before), but in the context of pre-show, fits so well.
    they weren't covers? or at least other versions of the ones you say (at least for the my shyt's fucked up?)?

I don't believe so, do you think they sounded differently at the show? I remember them as the originals sounds....

Quote Originally Posted by timoldbean View Post
    I don't believe so, do you think they sounded differently at the show? I remember them as the originals sounds....
    well, at least for this one "My shit's fucked up".... Could have been for the crowd noise, but.... I am not 100% convinced (yet...)

The other one seemed pretty familiar, so I just guess it was the one who was played (well, I am searching them in youtube and spotify)

Quote Originally Posted by Principiante View Post
    well, at least for this one "My shit's fucked up".... Could have been for the crowd noise, but.... I am not 100% convinced (yet...)
    no wonder it sounded differently... i was listening to the acoustic or live version...

Edit:

By the way, any thoughts about why where these 2 songs in particular chosen to be played before the concert? And what does it mean in relation with Manson?
    Last edited by Principiante; 01-16-2010 at 03:43 PM.

I was hearing these songs for the first time at the Birmingham, but at the time I thought they were both really good, so I'm glad they've been identified here.

Quote Originally Posted by Principiante View Post
    By the way, any thoughts about why where these 2 songs in particular chosen to be played before the concert? And what does it mean in relation with Manson?
    "My Shit's Fucked Up" was on the soundtrack for "Californication," of which Manson is a fan, and he's pals with Devendra Banhardt.

For starters, lol.

;)

Same here, nm - never heard these before till the brummy gig. They where excellent, and distinctly louder than the other songs if I remember right.

As to why - I guess they explicitly, and totally, refer to Manson ... his shit is clearly fucked up. And childish .. utter dependency on someone. Think they both sum him up so well.

It seemed like that anyway when stood listening to it, and still seems that way now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    "My Shit's Fucked Up" was on the soundtrack for "Californication," of which Manson is a fan, and he's pals with Devendra Banhardt.

For starters, lol.

;)
    So it is a waste of time to assume than when Manson was playing those songs before the concert he was being ironic with himself and all the ideology of MArilynmansoN (you know, the word MAN, that was being used in the beginning of this new era)?

Btw, I was aware of the music in the Californication (later, when I was told it was this music), but not that Manson enjoyed Californication or who was he pals with...