Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Heart Beats

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

So, has it just escaped my attention, or has everyone already spotted that the 'Heart Beat' during Cryptorchid is exactly the same as the one you hear at the beginning of Antichrist Superstar (live, notably on Remix & Repent)? I can't remember if it's still used on tour now, as I've not seen the band since 2012, but in any case, it draws an interesting line between the two songs, and even the sequential nature of the album itself. It also suggests (albeit tangentially) that the opening notes of Antichrist Superstar are intended to be heard as a heart beat. Given that this is the album's turning point into Cycle III, it could suggest an evolutionary transformation into the Beast.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    So, has it just escaped my attention, or has everyone already spotted that the 'Heart Beat' during Cryptorchid is exactly the same as the one you hear at the beginning of Antichrist Superstar (live, notably on Remix & Repent)? I can't remember if it's still used on tour now, as I've not seen the band since 2012, but in any case, it draws an interesting line between the two songs, and even the sequential nature of the album itself. It also suggests (albeit tangentially) that the opening notes of Antichrist Superstar are intended to be heard as a heart beat. Given that this is the album's turning point into Cycle III, it could suggest an evolutionary transformation into the Beast.
    Yes, I've noticed that. Made for an awesome transition when it was done live back in '96 and '97, the way Cryptorchid went into Antichrist Superstar. The heartbeat is still used live currently when Antichrist Superstar is being performed. I enjoy it, but I also loved the King Kill 33 intro. That was badass.

Yes, it seems to be the same heartbeat. I had always thought though that if you take the heartbeat as somewhat more literal and think about a hatching process of say pupae to butterfly - mostly because a lot of the associated visual imagery around the album is so insect driven - then the heart during Cryptorchid tends to represent the pupae phase. The middle cycle is when the caterpillar devours itself (heart as well) leaving nothing but 'really useful caterpillar soup'. Then the body parts are grown in afresh. The restarting of the heart with Antichrist Superstar is the final phase, the restarting of life so to say. All bits are attached start hatching forth into the world. Even the wings appearing earlier on in the cycle still works, because there are species of caterpillar that have them all the way through .
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

5. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

I don't know if this add something relevant to the convesation, but I did not see anyone point it out.
    During one of the bridges in the If I was your vampire song you can hear a heartbeat behind the music, I'm pretty sure that is part of some kind of story that conects with "just a car crash away" since the diagram of the heartbeat is shown in that song during the tour.

(In other subjet, has anyone noticed that during "just a car crash away" live performances it was also shown a big fire, and then manson wrote a song called "into the fire" just like he was telling the same story during two different songs?)