Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks Turns 20

I am so excited and I hope that I do not die before I can see this happen!

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

One of the first movies I remember watching was David Lynch's Elephant Man. I was so young I completely misinterpreted the charging-elephant/birth-montage as implying that Merrick's mother had been raped by an elephant and THAT was why he was so fucked up, lol.

And my dad was a big sci-fi dork and my mom loved Sting so a little bit later they took me to see Dune and my mind was thoroughly blown and irreparably damaged, ffs. Plus, I got the 4 issue limited series Marvel Comics adaptation (also some of the first comics I remember reading, still have 'em!) with trippy-as-fuck art by Bill Sienkiewicz, and that was some pretty fucking bizarre shit too. I got in trouble for passing them around in 1st grade, lol.

Then came Blue Velvet. Hahaha, omfg.

So, yeah...when "Twin Peaks" happened it was practically mandatory family viewing every single week! What an absolute mindfuck. Bought the soundtrack on cassette and The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer. Great stuff! Still have 'em both. Loved how the pages were missing from her diary! Fucking RIVETING, man.

Saw Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me and still have the ticket somewhere.

It was YEARS before someone I knew bought the whole show in a VHS boxed-set and I was in high school by then, so we stayed up all weekend watching the entire thing and the movie start to finish. Didn't make terribly much more sense that way but it was still a hell of a journey, lol.

So, needless to say, I am sooooo fucking excited for this!!!

:D

4. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mechanical View Post
    There's a picture knocking around somewhere of Manson in a Twin Peaks t shirt, I think it's from backstage ay an early Portrait era, maybe even Spooky Kids show.
    If anyone knows the picture I'm on about, I'd appreciate if you could post it.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

6. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

I can't wait to see the new series. I really hope it's going to be 'decent' at least :)

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

I bought the Entire Mystery Blu-ray box set the day it came out. It's very nice. I only ever owned season 2 on DVD so yeah, having it all and then some in high definition was the way to go.
    I use words sharp as a sword

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I was watching a few episodes on YouTube, but I don't think I was getting all of them ... what I was watching seemed disjointed. HOWEVER ... I recently got Netflix, so after I finish watching Dexter (on Season 4 right now) I'm going to be delving into Twin Peaks! Hopefully the reboot will be available on Netfilx as well.

(spaceSuicide ... love your avatar and sig!!!! ;) )

12. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

So was this album intended as a break from the past?
    "Well I wanted to change everything about my life. I had to turn it completely upside down. I did most of this record while the sun was up, which is very strange, because it was very difficult to get me in the studio, I wouldn’t be there until like 2am/3am. But if you think about it, who wants to be stuck in some glass cubicle with a notebook trying to sing to some music they just now heard for the first time? So instead, Tyler Bates and I, and I believe that he probably understood me in a way that… he really needled me, egged me on to make this, or to at least do the first song. He was persistent. I remember I was driving from my place to his studio, which is about a 20-minute ride, and I texted him on the phone saying that I’d just watched the film Firewalk with Me and I was remembering the scene where the pink room is very [starts drum beat], The Cramps mixed with some sort of strange, hypnotic Robert Johnson."

http://www.hungertv.com/feature/inte...arilyn-manson/
    Last edited by YoureAlreadyHere; 01-20-2015 at 06:12 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Just started watching this show for the first time, on season 2 currently. Digging the hell out of it so far. Kind of strange that I never watched this at all considering I really like David Lynch as a director. I always avoided it because I just do that when someone tells me "Dude you gotta watch this show, it's crazy" I don't do it intentionally I just kind of forget about the suggestion and don't really take their word to heart. Plus I really like finding stuff on my own rather than someone telling me to watch it. Anyways, I am super happy that there is going to be a new season! X-files is coming back and now that I found out this is gonna come back I'm pretty pumped for 2016-2017!
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

16. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Here we are in Twin Peaks premiere week!! I have made it, so excited for this Sunday to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by blue angel View Post
    Here we are in Twin Peaks premiere week!! I have made it, so excited for this Sunday to be here.
    Did it live up to your expectations?

19. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post