Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twin Peaks Turns 20

Quote Originally Posted by LightAngel View Post
    Did it live up to your expectations?
    Yes entirely. It's still the greatest television series ever and always. It's true to form again and forward.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by blue angel View Post
    Yes entirely. It's still the greatest television series ever and always. It's true to form again and forward.
    Fantastic!

So the mystery continues .......

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

6. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

And it still continues to be thus far into the new series as well. What a happy making thing.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    And it still continues to be thus far into the new series as well. What a happy making thing.
    Indeed! It is so wild and so worth all of the time. You might enjoy this, if you haven't heard this as of yet.
    x

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Indeed! It is so wild and so worth all of the time. You might enjoy this, if you haven't heard this as of yet.
    x
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N23b8LCIsn0
    So much Lynch at full throttle, it is a delight in my week.

I habe heard it, but totally worth the revisit. :)

Speaking of, Xiu Xiu were down here for Dark Mofo and stopped on their way back. Also good live.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Man Who Fell From Earth A Gruesome Discovery's Avatar

I prefer The Return to the original series, and the original series was my favorite thing ever. Well, not counting the ten or so episodes in S2 that can and should be skipped.
    It's pretty incredible though that in a time when everything from a few decades ago is getting shitty, shitty remakes, reboots, and completely unnecessary sequels, Twin Peaks is getting to its best parts. I don't think any of these other nostalgia trips have managed that. Ok, Fury Road, but that's it.
    This space intentionally left blank.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by A Gruesome Discovery View Post
    I prefer The Return to the original series, and the original series was my favorite thing ever. Well, not counting the ten or so episodes in S2 that can and should be skipped.
    It's pretty incredible though that in a time when everything from a few decades ago is getting shitty, shitty remakes, reboots, and completely unnecessary sequels, Twin Peaks is getting to its best parts. I don't think any of these other nostalgia trips have managed that. Ok, Fury Road, but that's it.

Infinitely. I found myself (who also adores the originals) in the odd position of telling a friend the other day out of sheer impatience to skip to The Return and not revisit the older ones because they were wasting time when they could be having the current version now, and more. As much as I find Stranger Things charming, it isn't doing anything terribly new except for recreating a world of nostalgia.

I was starting to feel like the only goddamn person on the planet watching this thing. No-one I know is watching it, but it's easily the best thing I've seen on TV in the past 20 years. I never expected it to be as hilarious as it is.

And when you can say with certainty that Nine Inch Nails have been by far the shittiest thing on the show so far, you know you're fuckin' killing it with regards to music. The performances have been unreal. Big shout-out to the three hypnotic chicks on keyboards.

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I love the original series but I think the new season is absolutely mediocre. I'm not getting much out of these episodes aside from some level of nostalgia. It hardly feels like Twin Peaks; rather it feels more like a plodding parody of Lynch's filmography.