Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tinuviel's lament.... ;)

Default Tinuviel's lament.... ;)

So, Iíve decided to write that down just to get it off my chest. Itís nothing spectacular but since I am a total failure when it comes to getting to know men, flirting, dating and all that stuff the experience Iíve recently made was kind of important to me. Most of the time Iím feeling miserable when I keep in mind that Iím 21 and never had a boyfriend. I mean Ė there must be something Iím doing completely wrong, right? Anyway, Iíll just write down what happened to clear up my thoughts.

I figure the whole issue with the volcanic ash wasnít all bad for me. Alright me and my dear friend from England had to cancel our trip to Germany and that definitively did suck. But then again I was able to stay way longer at the pub, where I attended a truly awesome concert of the German prog metal band Ivanhoe, which had some entirely unforeseen results for me.

Most of the time when I go out I go to the theater and watch a musical. Iíve got to admit, that musical theaters arenít the perfect place to meet men and whenever Iím somewhere else, attending a concert or whatever, I stay close by my friends. So usually Iím not very extroverted. Friday night happened to be different although I didnít feel more confident than I usually do. But after the concert I started to flirt with someone and ended up sitting at a table with him. He was all cute, nice and seemed to be very interestedÖpaid me compliments and so on. But I just didnít really feel comfortable. Itís not that he made something wrong or soÖthere was just something missing. Itís hard to explainÖI just didnít feel that certain something. When ever he tried to touch me I just wanted to move away and I guess thatís a rather clear sign that he may not be the one for me. Well I donít expect that one chat would be enough to figure out if I could fall in love with someone or notÖbut I guess I shouldnít ignore those feelings that come up totally unintentionally to tell me that I donít feel at ease with someone.
    After a while he had to leave, he left me his number and I went back to my girls. What happened then still confuses me heavily. The drummer of Ivanhoe joined us at our tableÖwell apparently he wanted to join me, since he basically only talked to me. Now that was unexpected! He had attracted my attention shortly after I entered the room and before I realized that he is the drummer of the band I was about to see on stage (I only knew the singer and he was the reason why I attended the concert) but I would have never expected that heíd notice me as well. I couldnít stop asking myself if I was interpreting his actions right but later my friends confirmed my impression. So I ended up standing there talking to a really handsome and intelligent man and it felt completely different than with the guy before.
    That difference never was so obvious to me before and thatís why it seemed to be so essential. I always felt guilty when a nice guy talked to me and seemed to build hopes whereas I didnít feel anything. I mean who am I to complain of being lonely when I turn most of the men down who seemed to be interested in me?
    But while I was talking to that drummer I realized that it maybe isnít wrong to expect more than a little sympathy and to believe that those proverbial ďbutterflies in the stomachĒ really can exist.
    I mean I was in love before of course but sadly it never worked outÖthe guys I fell in love with just never developed the same feelings for me. So I started to believe that my idea of love probably doesnít exist and that I would have to scale down my expectations.
    Ií just happy, that I finally met someone who I felt totally comfortable being with. Whenever he looked at me I got week in the knees and when he touched me, even though it didnít get any further than touching my back, arms and hair, it just felt good. I may sound like a total fool but I know but it just felt so ridiculously good. We talked about the silliest subjects, like air bands for example ;) and he made me laugh die of laughter several times. He asked for my name but somehow we didnít manage to exchange more than our forenames. I expected to find him on face book (since the band has a fanpage on there as well) but he doesnít seem to have an account. Iím feeling totally silly right now. Well, I really donít think Iíve mistaken the way he acted but what could I do know? Probably just attend another concert to see him again? That sounds like a plan right? Oh and he wasnít drunk either, since he was drinking water al the timeÖso I really think that he liked meÖGood gracious Iím overwhelmed and foolish as alwaysÖbut I canít help it! He was just so cute. When we had to say goodbye he kissed my on the cheeks then I ended up passing by him again after saying goodbye to the singer and he kissed me again. I mean, he wouldnít have done that if he wouldnít have liked me, right?
    You should have seen how he looked at me when I was leaving. I felt like a princess or something like that! ;)

So sorry for bothering you with my thoughts. I just had to share it with someoneÖ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    He was all cute, nice and seemed to be very interested…paid me compliments and so on. But I just didn’t really feel comfortable. It’s not that he made something wrong or so…there was just something missing. It’s hard to explain…I just didn’t feel that certain something. When ever he tried to touch me I just wanted to move away and I guess that’s a rather clear sign that he may not be the one for me. Well I don’t expect that one chat would be enough to figure out if I could fall in love with someone or not…but I guess I shouldn’t ignore those feelings that come up totally unintentionally to tell me that I don’t feel at ease with someone.
    I know exactly what you mean. I experienced the same with a guy who was interested in me. Glad I'm not the only one. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuviel View Post
    He asked for my name but somehow we didn’t manage to exchange more than our forenames. I expected to find him on face book (since the band has a fanpage on there as well) but he doesn’t seem to have an account. I’m feeling totally silly right now. Well, I really don’t think I’ve mistaken the way he acted but what could I do know? Probably just attend another concert to see him again? That sounds like a plan right? Oh and he wasn’t drunk either, since he was drinking water al the time…so I really think that he liked me…Good gracious I’m overwhelmed and foolish as always…but I can’t help it! He was just so cute. When we had to say goodbye he kissed my on the cheeks then I ended up passing by him again after saying goodbye to the singer and he kissed me again. I mean, he wouldn’t have done that if he wouldn’t have liked me, right?
    You should have seen how he looked at me when I was leaving. I felt like a princess or something like that! ;)
    Attending another concert seems to be the best idea to me. :) Or you could write some "Great Concert" thing on their facebook page and see if he contacts you or something. And yeah, I'm sure he likes you. ;)
    Last edited by Ich_Bin_Du; 04-18-2010 at 11:04 AM.

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Told you you're really cute!

Glad that you're both digging each other, hopefully if things go your way- he's good to you :)

You are SO adorable and amazing Tinuviel! Just by reading your description of butterflies I relived my own that I got when I first met my bf...and I'm all smiley and giggly now. That is so wonderful! He definitely likes you. I think you should go to another show. You HAVE to keep us updated on this adventure. :D

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

I wish I could touch a girl like you just desribed being touched. The problem is, that most of them have boyfriends, or would put a restraining order on me.

Did you get his name, or number? If I were you, I would totally bait him with sex, but don't give it up to him after you convince him to see you. That can wait. The important thing right now, is to find and lure him in with seductive lies. ;) Good luck.Just don't be nervous. It's hard not to be. Confidence is a plus.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

That was really, really inspirational. Bless you for finding someone worthwhile. Go after him!

Quote Originally Posted by Dronepool View Post
    Told you you're really cute!

Glad that you're both digging each other, hopefully if things go your way- he's good to you :)
    It would seem that you're right... ;) Exchanging feelings and experiences with you certainly made me feel way better and it did help to increase my self-confidence. Thank you again also for your nice reply! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ich_Bin_Du View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. I experienced the same with a guy who was interested in me. Glad I'm not the only one. xD
    Well it's good to know I'm not the only one either. It makes me feel a little bit guilty...but what could I do about it. I mean after all I just can't control what I'm feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ich_Bin_Du View Post
    Attending another concert seems to be the best idea to me. :) Or you could write some "Great Concert" thing on their facebook page and see if he contacts you or something. And yeah, I'm sure he likes you. ;)
    Me and my friends are trying to find out where and when they give their next concert! ;) Hope their going to announce some new dates soon. I also did post a comment on their facebook page...I didn't get any reaction yet, but I don't think that he's the one who's managing the site so maybe he hasn't seen it yet. I also posted a video of the Scrubs air band, since we talked about that and wrote that the should please show it to their drummer....well will see...

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    You are SO adorable and amazing Tinuviel! Just by reading your description of butterflies I relived my own that I got when I first met my bf...and I'm all smiley and giggly now. That is so wonderful! He definitely likes you. I think you should go to another show. You HAVE to keep us updated on this adventure. :D
    Thank you, Peaches! You're as gracious as always! Glad to know that my silly post made you feel good! :) I will keep you updated of course. I really hope there will be something to report soon! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    I wish I could touch a girl like you just desribed being touched. The problem is, that most of them have boyfriends, or would put a restraining order on me.

Did you get his name, or number? If I were you, I would totally bait him with sex, but don't give it up to him after you convince him to see you. That can wait. The important thing right now, is to find and lure him in with seductive lies. ;) Good luck.Just don't be nervous. It's hard not to be. Confidence is a plus.
    Well I know what you mean. Usually the guys I'm interested in have a girlfriend or well don't seem to like me as much as I wish they would.
    I did get his name, but unfortunately we didn't manage to exchange numbers. I don't know but maybe he thought that I'm living to far away since I'm living in Switzerland and he's from Germany. That of course would be understandable. :(
    Bait him with sex...hehe yeah I guess that could work. Is there a book I could consult "How to attract a man's attention with sex - for dummies" or something like that? ;) Otherwise I'd probably make a total fool of myself. But it's still a good adwise - I know what you mean. ;) And yeah confidence definitively is a plus. I was more confident than usually because it took me a while to realize that he was actually flirting with me so I didn't really have the time to worry about something.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Faces View Post
    That was really, really inspirational. Bless you for finding someone worthwhile. Go after him!
    Well, thank you. I'll do my best, promised.

Thank you all for your answers! It's good to know that there are people who understand my feelings.
    For me the simple fact that I realized that it is possible to meet someone I immediately get along with and who makes me feel the way I always imagined I would feel is really precious. I was really about giving up my visions of love since nothing ever worked out for me, especially in the last time. I'm just thankful for having experienced something positive for once and I'm about to cherish that.
    Lately I often felt as if I was expecting to much and feared that I am completely blinded by my naive imaginations. So I thought that what I felt when I datet certain guys probably would be all I would ever get and that I simply should stop wanting more and be content with what I get. But I couldn't get rid of the feeling that I would waste myself if I would do that. So yeah, that little encounter confirmed my opinion and gave me hope again!

Just in case someone would like to see him play the drums:

Oh! He's very pretty! BONUS!!!

^ I know, I know! He really is! You should have seen his eyes. Beautiful! :)
    Oh god it's late and I'm in a totally dreamy and silly mood.... pardon me!

Tinuviel is the smitten kitten :). I hope it all works out. I'm sure it will.