Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Thanks for the RSS feeds.

Default Thanks for the RSS feeds.

There wasn't a thread for this, so I thought I'd start one. Good going to making the board RSS friendly. It's easy to catch up with the new posts. However, is it possible to have a feed for the entire board, instead of each of the subsections, and possibly for a user's "new posts?"

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

I'm new to the RSS feeds so I haven't really looked through the options, I'm just looking at the RSS to be used for another thing on the site. I thought I had a link to show all threads posted, but this thread didn't feed into it, so I will have to look into that.
    Not sure about the new posts either.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

This link should display new threads from all of the forum - http://www.providermodule.com/forum/....php?type=RSS2

It should update every 10 minutes I think, I just tested a thread and it seem to work out ok. Earlier on it was set to 60 minutes, if 10 minutes is still too long then I guess we can make it shorter as well.

RSS feeds are good. I only use the news feed for PM (because I think new threads/posts in an RSS feed rather clutter my feed, most forum posts aren't interesting enough to read the same instant they're written).

I do use RSS for a whole lot of other websites. I can't believe how many people have never heard of it, it's so useful. There's like 80 websites I never have to actually visit to see if there's news because it all just gets delivered in my reader :)
    The Marilyn Manson Wiki is not wikipedia.