Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 'Splatter Sisters' To Breed Death Metal Band From Marilyn Manson

Q is for fucking Queen Alexandra's Avatar

...and hilarious! :D

Follow ieoshua On Twitter Follow ieoshua on Tumblr Visit ieoshua's Instagram Channel

It looks interesting to see a movie release attached to a possible new album/concept... that's the working attitude.

Here's our interview by MansonWiki (Credit: Aaron and Jen)

MansonWiki: You stated in an article with MTV News, that the concept for Splatter Sisters was conceived in 2005 and was heavily influenced by Oliver Stone's Natural Born Killers, as well as Japanese filmmaker Takashi Miike. How will their influence be carried over into Splatter Sisters?

Lough: Style: creative and experimental approach to editing, cinematography, design. Extreme over-the-top gore of Miike. I loved the way Stone switched from B&W to Color in an instant. I love imperfect non-computer-generated gore effects, like when someone gets decapitated and blood starts gushing out but then stops and then starts again. Expect a visual and aural feast for the eyes and ears.

MansonWiki: Both Marilyn Manson & Evan Rachel Wood have confirmed their involvement with the film, Has there been any further developments in regards to casting?

Lough: Ed, Manson, Evan and I have been meeting with actresses and models for the other Sister for over a year. We’re all being really selective. There are so many awesome girls who want to be in this movie it’s difficult. Manson and I email/text photos back and forth almost daily. Casting can be really overwhelming. But I know our girl is out there.

MansonWiki: David Gordon Green of Eastbound & Down and Pineapple Express, is set to produce the film. Manson's affinity for Kenny Powers and his interest for a cameo appearance in Eastbound & Down, is there any possibilty of casting Danny McBride for a role in Splatter Sisters?

Danny’s down, Manson and I both have hollered at him about it. Last week Danny told me he was from Virginia, grew up about 30 miles from where I grew up it turns out. I bugged out! I have another film for him too, the script is already done, he would play the lead and it would shoot entirely in Virginia.

MansonWiki: At what stage is the film currently in, have you began filming, and when can we expect teasers for the film?

Lough:We’ve not started we gotta cast that other Sister. Manson and I shot a teaser but Ed wanted us to hold off on putting it out until after Cannes but then we sorta forgot about it. It’s pretty cool. I think there's a still photo from it up on the internet somewhere.

MansonWiki: Can you give us any further details on the plot of the film?

Lough: A lot has been said already. What hasn’t been said is that the love story between the two girls is really the foundation for much of the film. The love is very real, electric and we root for them to stay together against all the chaos.

MansonWiki: What caused you to approach Marilyn Manson for the character of Lars?

Lough:I either wanted to cast an actor who could also play music or a musician who could also act. Manson can act, he was amazing in Heart is Deceitful Above All Things. I was blown away by that performance / scene. It has stayed with me for a few years.

MansonWiki: Speaking of which, there has been talks of an actual band being formed and touring to promote the film. How did t his idea come about?

Lough:I think that’s something he came up with organically cause we were talking about who the backing-band for Lars’ band would be and he decided to form a new one both for the film and for fun. Manson told me today ‘the best art/music comes when you’re having fun.’ Recording the music and shooting this film is gonna be a lot of fun. Plus I’m psyched just to give him the opportunity to make some cool new music that’s exclusive to the film!

MansonWiki: Any ideas for band names? Has there been talk of other notable musicians joining the band.

Lough:The band name will be kept a secret until we begin shooting those scenes. Something will very quickly fall in place with a lot of notable musicians. I have no doubt about that. Everyone is excited about this one.

MansonWiki: Are you still planning for a Fall 2011 release?

Lough: That would be really soon. Ideally we’d have a first cut done by the Fall but then they’d need to promote it first.

Thank you for your questions and thanks to all the fans who contact me about Splatter Sisters. Please continue to spread the word and I'll do my best to keep you all informed.

And here's second interview by MMFrance (Credit:MaryWhore): ADAM BHALA LOUGH EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW ABOUT SPLATTER SISTERS by MARILYNMANSON.FR (click to access)

Holy shit, this actually sounds like it could maybe, possibly, actually become a reality.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Nice read and I'm still pleased this movie is happening. Thanks!

Edit: I don't see this up on the Wiki, does it have a page there?

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Adam Bhala Lough recently did an interview where he talked a little bit about Splatter Sisters -

Adam Bhala Lough’s upcoming feature Splatter Sisters:

SJ: What’s up with Splatter Sisters?

ABL: Well, we’re planning a fall shoot in southern California. I’ve looking for an actress to play this other role [alongside Rachel Evan Woods] for quite a long time, like we’ve seen over a hundred different people. But I’m continuing the search, and other than that I’m just waiting for the green light.

SJ: What is Splatter Sisters about?

ABL: It’s a ‘serial-killing lovers on the run’ film, about two young drifter girls who run away from home and they end up falling under the wing of this death metal singer [Marilyn Manson], who puts them under his spell and sends them on a killing spree across southern California murdering teenage boys under the name of romantic love. It’s kind of a next generation update on Natural Born Killers, and heavily inspired by Badlands. Ed Pressman, the producer of Badlands, is also producing this. It’s a horror film, but it also has elements of a road movie, and a twisted love story.

SJ: That’s quite a departure from your previous work, what inspired you to do this?

ABL: I spent five years, almost, writing this script and I think a big part of it was inspired by Natural Born Killers. I love the ‘serial-killing lovers on the run’ story. I think there’s one for each generation, I think they resonate with a generation, in a way they almost define a generation and it’s been a while since we’ve seen a great one, so I think all of that was an inspiration for me in crafting this tale. I was really looking for a departure from what I was doing in the past, wanting to try something new, but everyone who’s read the script says that’s it’s still undeniably my voice, it’s still just raw and real.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowand...ch_perry_doc_/

I auditioned for the role.

LOL! I'm just kidding, I can't act!

Look at everyone not saying anything because they is maaad MM is doing a movie!
    Last edited by Christina; 05-26-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Look at everyone not saying anything because they is maaad MM is doing a movie!
    Not mad, just not expecting much. I anticipate (I hope not) that this movie will get canceled sometime in the future.
    I use words sharp as a sword

I have more hope for Manson playing this than I would for him playing Charlie Manson. But that's still not much, Manson has always seemed like a bad actor to me.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

not mad, just don't want it to interfere with the tour plans with the *real* band as opposed to the movie band (if that ever comes together)