Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Die Antwoord.

Could not agree more, I have just recently Started to listen to them......BLOWN AWAY!!!!! there is something to be said for originality, especially when it come to a genre that lacks so much..... they redefine what hip-hop can be!

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter Add Shangri-LIE on Facebook

PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA 9/8/2017

Setlist (to the best of my ability/recollection as only one person has updated a setlist from the latest U.S. shows) w/some pics (one from someone else) along with a my "review" of the show.

Intro - Chanting Monks/O Fortuna/House of Zef
    We Have Candy
    Wat Kyk Jy
    Banana Brain
    Happy Go Sucky Fucky
    Fatty Boom Boom
    Raging Zef Boner
    Girl I Want 2 Eat U
    Cookie Thumper!
    GOD DJ Section #1
    Baby's on Fire
    Daddy
    Ugly Boy
    (Forgive me for this)- A spoken word recital of an unknown (to me anyway and as someone else pointed out) song by Ninja who was wearing a suit, tie and a pair of spectacles (Very Max Normal). He also told people to "Shut the fuck up after trying to hush to crowd for a good 2 minutes. That and also telling some girl to "Shut the fuck up you dumb bitch. Will someone please smack this stupid cunt in the face? Let's try this again". lol) - After that,
    Yolandi was speaking about who she is, her dreams about becoming a rapper and asking if people like her fancy dress lol (She also likes making people feel nice. "Be nice". "My name isn't I love you, but I love you too.".). *Smiley face
    After that (as some one else also said) "Some unknown rave song"
    I Fink U Freeky
    Enter The Ninja
    Never Le Nkemise 2
    I Don’t Care

PLAY!
    Check it.
    They represent South African culture.
    At this place, you got a lot of different things:
    Blacks, Whites, Coloured, English, Afrikaans, Xhosa, Zulu,... watookal.

There were loik... all these different things...all these different people...
    fucked into one concert.
    Not really. Mostly goths and those druggie rave goers at a Die Antwoord Concert here in Pittsburgh

And there I was... in my new Zef flow fresh world tour shirt, pain patch adhered to the back of my neck and rallied round the most pit with a pocket full of sedative hypnotic shells, lit up after a light drag of some sweet sinsemilla of sorts prior to entering w/(prescribed brain lozenges in a compartment of my "trousers".)..... IT'S PANTS!.

Anyway. I was granted access through the VIP doors for reserved seating and did not have to wait in line which was cool. It was almost directly stage side though I moved down a bit for better view in hopes of getting higher quality pics (to no avail). My phone's camera sucks. I spent most of the time blindly clicking while watching the performance. I usually don't take pictures or video at shows. I have about 200 but only maybe a dozen that don't need touched up. At the same time, I wasn't really aiming for any perfect shots, so it's not entirely my phone's fault. I'll share a few of mine and one other I've found.

First, I'd just like to say that DJ Hi-Tek is a beast. He terrifies me. The man is a god damn gorilla. "Damn, Hi-Tek! You scary!". At points, I watched as people who were tripping balls went outside to a safe place to escape the flashing screen imagery (I won't lie, it was pretty disorienting at points), pulsating strobes, lasers, 'splosions, as well as the ape-alien like mask wearing dancers sporting tattered teletubbie pajama sort of outfits/hoodies. There were people who needed to go outside to take a breather... or smoke and have a slam a drink... who I overheard saying things such as "I wasn't expecting that" or "This is fucking insane. I can't handle this shit....". Ninja and Yolandi, along with their dancers, have the most exuberant amounts of energy I've ever seen during a live performance. And I've seen some pretty intense shows. Their stamina. Christ. The non stop running around, jumping up and down, dancing around in circles, climbing the triple tiered platform for about 2 hours straight without losing their breath. It's something I don't think I'll ever witness again out of a band/group. Their vocals were exactly the same if not even better sounding than the recorded versions. All and all, they're the best act whenever it comes to raw energy that I've ever seen. It was non stop other than costume changes that only took a max of about 30 - 45 seconds. I loved at points being somewhat flashed by both Ninja and Yolandi. I got more of a chuckle whenever it came to Ninja. but whenever it came to Yolandi "I jizzed in my pants". No, not really. But I fucking should have. I really, really should have. I'm not sure what type of stage effect they used, but prior to the intro, there was an aroma of strawberry-banana and cotton candy. I could go on and on, but my god it was beautiful. I really, really fucking hope they come around again. That show was fucking worthy of worship. That's all I'll say for now. I'm still feeling the aftershocks from it. Oh, as for Die Antwoord breaking up, it's not true. They're just not making any more Die Antwoord albums. Look forward to "ZEF TV" as well as other artistic outputs by them and possibly more tours to come. It's not "Game Over" as many people believe and as a neon sign read prior to them exiting the stage. Ninja, Yolandi, DJ H-Tek and their troupe after kneeling and bowing before the crowd while holding hands. Then BYYYEEEE!!!!!

Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 08-13-2017 at 05:59 AM.

4. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Still sounds like it was a blast. Love the short of Yolandi sitting up like that, lol. Also, I think I need a lie down from hearing about the energy :)
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

What a prodigious, effervescent and chimerical teletubby custard ride of a show. I don't even particularly like the group yet I fancy a foray into their thaumaturgic, supersenory orbit. Hats off to them for maintaining such sprightly exuberance for an entire 2 hours, no wonder you've needed some repose. The pictures are very bonny too, especially the one with the radioactive geysers and confetti maelstroms.

And it IS trousers :). You "jizzed in [your] pants", as in underwear...nobody jizzes in their trousers...unless they're going commando, I suppose. But yes, she is certainly vivacious. I'm glad you had a splendid time.

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter Add Shangri-LIE on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    What a prodigious, effervescent and chimerical teletubby custard ride of a show. I don't even particularly like the group yet I fancy a foray into their thaumaturgic, supersenory orbit. Hats off to them for maintaining such sprightly exuberance for an entire 2 hours, no wonder you've needed some repose. The pictures are very bonny too, especially the one with the radioactive geysers and confetti maelstroms.

And it IS trousers :). You "jizzed in [your] pants", as in underwear...nobody jizzes in their trousers...unless they're going commando, I suppose. But yes, she is certainly vivacious. I'm glad you had a splendid time.
    Thanks! And "Jizz in My Pants" is the title of a song by Lonely Island, smarty PANTS! lol :P

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://popovy-dolls.com
    shangs, visit this site wearing headphones ;)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXoBTh0DEQo/
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

12. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post