Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens Of The Stone Age

Default Queens Of The Stone Age

I'm shocked there isn't a thread for this band yet! I got into Queens last year, but there were songs that I'd liked for years, without knowing who did them. (The same thing happened with Manson.)

With the re-issue of their first album (that I'd bought for $40 earlier this year. -_-*) coming in January, and a rumored, surprise release album in February, I figured now is the best time to start a thread.

So, favorite albums? Songs? News? Anything you want to talk about? Anyone want to complain that Nick is out of the band? Here's the thread to do it in. <3

The Zepp fan inside me is more interested in Them Crooked Vultures than Queens of the Stone Age at the moment but If you play Feel Good Hit Of The Summer, No One Knows or Go With the Flow I'll probably tap my foot along to the beat.
    Last edited by Vexation; 12-19-2010 at 03:54 PM.

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

There's going to be a reissue? Sweet. I don't own the first album on CD so I'll buy it.

yay! I'm a big fan of them!!

My favorite album is the self titled album. So many good songs such as regular john, avon, if only and you can't quit me baby.

Wow I hope the rumored album thing is true though I'm also a fan of TCV
    Slide Away

Im a big fan of QOTSA, Iv'e seen them play a few times, and got to hang out with Josh after one of the shows. At the minute im listening to a lot of era vulgaris, such a dirty sounding album. Misfit love is almost industrial

my favourite track by them is a song for the deaf. Make SURE you watch this performance of it

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

I've liked this band not for a long time but it seems forever (Jan 2009 only) . Probably one of my top favorite bands. I really enjoy the rocky and chilled vibe that the band lets off in their sound and lyrics. Josh Homme is a wonderful guitarist and a very distinctive vocalist.

My favorite albums are either Songs for the Deaf or Era Vulgaris, the latter having some of my top favorite songs.

A noteworthy sidenote from me, check out their cover of Tom Waits' song Goin' Out West, really good take.

I'm glad for a re-release of the first album. hard as hell to get it and even more happy for new music. I like TCV but I want new QOTSA more.
    Last edited by spaceSuicide; 12-22-2010 at 12:18 PM.
    I use words sharp as a sword

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Sixx. View Post
    I like TCV but I want new QOTSA more.

Heh you are not alone!
    Slide Away

Oh, god, I lol'd.

They waited until the actual release date to say they're not putting the self titled re-release out.

Giving this thread a little bump-sky, wanting to bring a few things up.

Queens are doing a tour for the support of the re-release of their first album. They're scheduled to come back to the US in June for another tour, as well. Also, a very, very limited 7" was released for "How To Handle A Rope (A Lesson in the Lariat)" which will act as a single for the upcoming re-release. From there, the album itself is being released in March on both LP and CD. (I managed to score the 7", and I'm definitely getting the LP and CD later, since this is my favorite Queens album.)