Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manson To Guest On Helden Von Morgen [Tomorrow's Heroes] 21.01.11

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Default Manson To Guest On Helden Von Morgen [Tomorrow's Heroes] 21.01.11

Marilyn Manson is due to guest on Austria's Helden Von Morgen (Tomorrow's Heroes) as a performance coach, in an episode airing January 21st.
    Thank you to Babalon forum member Michael for the news, an English version of the article, along with links to various versions of it, is available in our news feed: Marilyn Manson To Guest On Helden Von Morgen [Tomorrow's Heroes]
    Rock star Marilyn Manson has agreed to coach pop hopefuls.
    The controversial rock singer will appear on Austrian broadcaster ORF’s "Helden von Morgen" (Tomorrow’s Heroes) show on 21 January, it was announced today (Thurs).
    The 42-year-old American performed in Austria many times including a show at the Nova Rock festival in Nickelsdorf in 2007. "The High End of Low", his seventh studio album, was released to mixed reviews in 2009. Vienna’s Kunsthalle museum put a series of paintings by the rock star on display as part of its "Genealogies of Pain" exhibition last year.
    German rapper Sido, Austrian singer-songwriter Rainhard Fendrich and English pop star Kim Wilde previously appeared as coaches and jurors on "Helden von Morgen" which started last autumn. The show’s final will be broadcast live on ORF 1 on 28 January.
    "Helden von Morgen" has similarities to British singing competition "The X-Factor" and German prime time show "Deutschland sucht den Superstar". ORF created the format after four series of casting format show "Starmania" and just one series of "Musical – Die Show". - Source
    I figured he might have recorded this when he was in Vienna for Genealogies Of Pain, but the article states that as a talent show vehicle, the final is the following week on the 28th, so it's more likely to be something he's recorded recently, unless the contestants or people featured have been part of an ongoing process.
    Whatever the case, it'll be fun to see him, I look forward to the appearance!
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Nice news. And I love that the show's name is "Helden von morgen". :D

What's a "performance coach"?

"Alright now extend your arm and twitch it, while looking up and to the side, with a wide grimace! Wider! WIDER!"
    Cocksuckasaurus.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

I see Metal Hammer and a few other sites picked up on this news today.

I look forward to seeing him on it, even though I don't really like shows like X Factor anymore because it doesn't really matter who wins because when the next show comes around the previous winner is forgotten about. I like to see the auditions though because some people are just pure crazy.

I'm hoping he does some interviews with the press whilst he's there, I wonder if we will hear anything about the new album.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Small update, translated by google from the heldenvonmorgen.orf.at website

Sara gets her make-up by the master himself
    None of the hero was with Marilyn Manson before coaching as nervous as Sara. In coaching, even the nervousness is blown away and the star Sara can even inspire a song that even the shock rocker has already gecovert. As a reward for the champion takes himself her make-up.
    What Marilyn Manson immediately noticed by Sara, is the tattoo of the Styrian. This is done at the beginning of the coaching on the topic. Then Sara presents with "Tainted Love" go and harvest in spite of self-criticism, praise. "That was shit" criticism is itself Sara "It was not shitty, it was pretty", however, explained Marilyn Manson. The rocker also familiar Sara now on: "The secret to the success of this song are black eyeliner, a microphone and high heels." He grabs an equal eyeliner and missed the bewildered candidate personally a new make-up. After the first moment of shock Sara is thrilled. "But you know already that I want to be paid for working as a make-up artist extra" jokes Marilyn Manson with the 20-year-olds.

http://heldenvonmorgen.orf.at/?story=1430
    MaryWhore has also added this photo to his photo gallery:

Click the link to view a slightly larger version - http://marilynmansonfrance.free.fr/p...lbum=245&pos=0

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Default Marilyn Manson Interview on Helden Von Morgen

http://heldenvonmorgen.orf.at/?story=1435

Google gave me this translation:

Just want to highlight this part "My new album is finished I was and am still in a very creative period"

High Heels and the art of staying famous

The countries broke Marilyn Manson in front of the professional coaching nervousness. Here, the shock rocker presented tame off the stage. In the interview, the star talks about the candidate, his relationship to Vienna and the future of his own career.

"It is somewhat ironic that people just ask me a question, give my opinion on such a show and I want the candidate to give tips, since I do not just belong to the mainstream," says Marilyn Manson. What can guess the Americans his charges? "As an artist you must never let up control of what people think of you It is important to hear the opinions of others about you, but this should not influence you in what you do the candidates can say I just..: Concentrate on that, get what you want, do what you like, keep control and carry high heels, "smiles the rocker. Why High Heels? "Everyone should wear high heels, whether man or woman. They look good and so you appear larger," laughs Marilyn Manson.

"Well many can sing"

The artist was impressed by his four proteges. "Cornelia sings technically perfect and Luke impressed me with his presence, even if it is not the kind of music that I listen to. My two favorites are Massimo and Sara. If I could choose it, Sara would win the show. All must But remember one. Well, many people can sing and become famous, is not that hard. But to remain famous, it requires a target. This has less to do with talent than with attitude and charisma, "says Marilyn Manson. Impressed, he is also the fact that the candidates had no problem to appear before him. "To perform before millions of people is easier than it was a only one I would not have done, they have done it."

Restrained is the star when he is asked about the future of his music career. Marilyn Manson reveals only this: "My new album is finished I was and am still in a very creative period I will not reveal too much, but my art will find their way into the album..." Lyrical device of the super star when the conversation around Vienna turns.. "I had concerts here and also a show I hope that I will appear again soon in Vienna Vienna is a city where many creative things are born, almost the center of European art. I say this now but not enough to Vienna to kiss your ass. The city has really one of my favorite places, "goodbye to Marilyn Manson with a compliment.
    Thanks to MaryWhore for linking me to this!

Why isn't this in the other thread? xD
    Anyways, I like what he said in that interview. A video or something would be cool.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

MaryWhore also found this interview too,

Marilyn Manson 2: would also "sell bags of dog shit" well

APA: You talked about your new record company - where you are currently under contract?

Manson: The European label Cooking Vinyl, which is approached me with a very generous offer. It was the first time in the music business that I could have a conversation as I can now do in the art world. I like to have a relationship with someone to pass this person a finished work of art and to trust them that they make it to the world. I can not always do both simultaneously. I am now become very cautious when it comes to my collaboration with other people. In the past I had just wrong partner and that is my fault. But I'm glad to be out of this situation. It's kind of a new era for me.

APA: Even if you do not advertise it: What details about the upcoming album can already tell you?

has any case it is again the same band that albums such as "Antichrist Superstar" and "Mechanical Animals" produced: Manson. I already have a title will, but this has not betrayed. The album is very simple. When I've finished a song, I play someone in front of him - think of someone to whom you have a relationship. To me, a girl, I do not know how it looks at you. If you audition the said person and then they responded enthusiastically - that's the point. The rest of the world are just strangers. As an artist to communicate his life to strangers, but people that know you, to convince them that 's the hard part. The rest is easier. But it took me some time.

APA: With your tape you released some successful cover songs like "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics and Soft Cell's "Tainted Love". Tomorrow we can as a professional coach in the talent show "Heroes of Tomorrow" look. What made you decide to participate in this show and how did you like working with the four candidates?

Manson: You have promised me a gold Ferrari. No (laughs). I did not expect that the designed. I passed my usual way of dealing with people, especially from the pop world, which I normally do not like. The ability to sing, to stand in front of me and something I have to respect a peculiar kind. And I think my advice to them was very honest. I'm almost proud of myself, but somehow ashamed.

APA: Why ashamed?

Manson: Because I have given them advice for nothing (laughs).

APA: Do you think it is a good way, in a talent show act and to start based on cover versions of a music career?

Manson: I told them that many cover versions penetrate to the people. It's not about how well you sing, but as you're confident in what you do. I could sell such as bags of dog shit and do it well. And if someone buys it, thumbs up for me.

APA: What do you think generally of such talent shows?

Manson: do not ask Lieber (shakes his head). I actually watch no television, at least not this kind of mail. It's like when someone asks me "Have you ever Rock Band (music computer game, note) played?" And then I say "No, I'm in a rock band" (laughs). It's kinda the same. I do not like to see American Idol 'or' X Factor 'because I did that and still do. Maybe I change my opinion (laughs), but at the same time I would never do, because you under the inquiring eyes of someone else, is assessed and controlled. If one then makes matters but because it wants people to sign up to be like the most.

(Interview conducted by Christoph Griessner / APA)

(SERVICE - Exhibition catalog "Marilyn Manson and David Lynch: Genealogies of Pain", edited by Gerald Matt, Catherine Hug and Brigitte Schenk, publisher of Modern Art, 176 S., € 28.80, ISBN 978-3-86984-129. -8)
    http://www.tt.com/csp/cms/sites/tt/N...-verkaufen.csp

Again using Google translator, some parts get messed up, but for the most part the information is there. If anyone can provide accurate translations we would love to use them in the news and archive with credit to you.

Add S.Hal0mega.B on Facebook Visit S.Hal0mega.B's Youtube Channel

thanks, nice to hear all that

"Our less well-developed physical senses, vis-a-vis our limited perception of the electromagnetic spectrum, aka reality - would be responsible for our reliance on reality and all that we define by it."
    'Joelle'