Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Long Hard Road Out of Hell" Featured in Season of the Witch Trailer

Default "Long Hard Road Out of Hell" Featured in Season of the Witch Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLoKm_vUsFY

(Maybe someone already posted this, but the search came up blank..been a while since I've been here.)

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Thank you very much Kei, this has been added to the news feed, with credit, naturally.

I saw a poster for Season Of The Witch recently and it looks like a good over-blown, does-what-it-says-on-the-tin Horror film, I'll probably see it in theatres. I am sure there will be a Nicolas Cage comment or two from fans as well. ;)
    It was good to hear Long Hard Road Out Of Hell in there, and nice to see it used for another film. Given the period setting, it might not feature within the narrative, but it would be cool if it is played over the credits, or included on the soundtrack album.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

The funny thing is this trailer came out in 2009 or early 2010 I'm sure it's in our news archive. So it seems like it's taken ages for this film to come around and get released.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    The funny thing is this trailer came out in 2009 or early 2010 I'm sure it's in our news archive. So it seems like it's taken ages for this film to come around and get released.
    Actually, you're right, the original story is here: 30.12.2009

It's certainly odd that it has taken so long for the film to re-circulate. I guess it might prove to naysayers of Phantasmagoria that regardless of content or funds, even the majors sometimes have trouble with timing when it comes to releasing a film. Still, not to worry Kei, I guess it's an updated story, and I don't expect people to check a year's worth of news archives to find out if something was covered two Christmases ago.
    the LORD god had made
    "

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Yeah I was thinking the same thing in regards to Phantamagoria. People bitch and moan about that taking so long and everything, but this Season of the Witch movie had it's movie trailer released in 2009 and it's just being released in 2011.

This is what wikipedia says on the delayed release of Season of the Witch - -

Development on the film began in 2000.

Lionsgate scheduled Season of the Witch to be released on March 19, 2010, but five weeks before the date, the studio decided to pull the film from release.[16] Lionsgate originally had an output deal with Relativity Media, but with Relativity had formed its own marketing and distribution arm in 2010. Relativity chose to release the film itself and in October 2010 set the film's new release date for January 7, 2011.[17] Season of the Witch will be Relativity's first inhouse production.
    So, yeah that's a long time to work on this movie and then delay it for it's release. Doesn't look like a great movie to me either.

Follow Hexon.Arq On Twitter Add Hexon.Arq on Facebook Follow Hexon.Arq on Tumblr Visit Hexon.Arq's Youtube Channel Visit Hexon.Arq's Instagram Channel

If you were to look solely at the track record of movies that Marilyn Manson songs have been used to promote in the last decade for some reason, this one's going to be a real winner.

That was a joke. :p

I could never watch a Nicolas Cage film. Despise him!! Such a terrible actor.

Quote Originally Posted by DecayingSinner View Post
    You haven't seen Lord of War, eh? He's quite fabulous in there.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    I am sure there will be a Nicolas Cage comment or two from fans as well. ;)
    Anytime I see a movie with him in it I pretend he's actually Manson, this has made my life immensely better.

MoonChild1929 last.fm twitter tumblr

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing in regards to Phantamagoria. People bitch and moan about that taking so long and everything, but this Season of the Witch movie had it's movie trailer released in 2009 and it's just being released in 2011.
    There's always more factors than the public are immediately aware of at work. I thought one of the reasons for Season Of The Witch being delayed might have been Disney's The Sorcerer's Apprentice [2010], both of which saw Cage in the lead role. I know it's a 15-rated horror film versus a PG-rated children's film, but even when I saw the poster I thought for a second it might be some sort of sequel. I've seen neither and they both have vaguely mystical themes, so from a marketing perspective executives may have thought it more prudent to separate the releases so there was no confusion or lost profits.
    The very same issue may have factored into Phantasmagoria in light of Tim Burton hi-jacking Alice In Wonderland. Again, bear in mind the Disney connection in both cases, it's a powerful corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexon.Arq View Post
    If you were to look solely at the track record of movies that Marilyn Manson songs have been used to promote in the last decade for some reason, this one's going to be a real winner.
    You mean you didn't enjoy Valentine...? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by DecayingSinner View Post
    Adaptation and Leaving Las Vegas are both great, but yeah, generally they're poor. Any excuse for THIS though.
    the LORD god had made
    "