Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: 'The Fight Song' & 'mOBSCENE' Feature In Kerrang! Magazine's '21st Century Playlist'

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Default 'The Fight Song' & 'mOBSCENE' Feature In Kerrang! Magazine's '21st Century Playlist'

Marilyn Manson's The Fight Song and mOBSCENE have been included in Kerrang! magazine's current issue, in their 'Ultimate 21st Century Playlist' feature.

Fan and reader Jessica Green of Norwich [UK] voted for The Fight Song as being "aggressive" and "fun", and stating that "no one does it better than Manson". For a full scan of the article please click the link below, thank you to Oliver Mitchell of Deformography, and Heather Quick of Marilyn Manson Brasil for the scan and news [respectively]:-

The Fight Song - Ultimate 21st Century Playlist
    I LOVE THE FIGHT SONG
    "I love it because it's really aggressive, but it's also fun, and the video is amazing. No-one does it better than Manson." - Jessica Green, Norwich

THE FIGHT SONG - MARILYN MANSON
    On April 20, 1999, two Colorado teenagers - Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris - armed themselves with an arsenal of weapons and marched into Columbine High School, with the intent to kill everyone in their path. After shooting 12 students and one teacher dead, and injuring 21 others, the pair committed suicide. The American media reported - incorrectly, as it later emerged - that the pair were fans of Marilyn Manson. The Fight Song - an antagonistic, souped-up version of Blur's Song 2 sang through gritted teeth - is one of many songs on Manson's 2000 album Holy Wood... inspired by his subsequent scapegoating in the wake of the massacre.
    "I don't think anyone has been blamed for as much violence as me," the singer later told Kerrang!.

FIND IT: HOLY WOOD (IN THE SHADOW OF THE VALLEY OF DEATH)

MOBSCENE - MARILYN MANSON
    Following the convoluted concept 'triptych' of his previous three albums, Mazza delivered a series of individual splatterbombs on The Golden Age Of Grotesque, and none exploded more brightly than mOBSCENE. Driven by the stomping beats brought by new recruit Tim Skold, the song boasted an inhumanly catchy cheerleader refrain - albeit one similar to that used by Faith No More on Be Aggressive a decade before - that, in typical Manson fashion, managed to reference Oscar Wilde while echoing U.S. sporting chants. The video, which Manson co-directed, also featured a memorably raunchy chorus line in outfits designed by the singer's then squeeze, burlesque artist Dita Von Teese.
    FIND IT: THE GOLDEN AGE OF GROTESQUE
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Original AIDS provider.

Well, it's nice to see a Manson song in there, but damn... it would be far my first choice. But hell, it's Kerrang!... just slap a single that got some decent airplay in there, it'll do, right?

But anyway, isn't it a little early to be doing a playlist for the whole 21st century? We got another 90 years to go...
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

That's pretty cool, with Kerrang! I was half expecting it to be Tainted Love.

In 90 years we will not be existing in this world lol! I think the fight song is a pretty good song but if I had to pick my all time favourite Manson track, I would go for either The Beautiful People or Irresponsible Hate Anthem. I really like Irresponsible Hate Anthem, maybe a bit more because the lyrics relate a lot with being an individual and not needing to be in a particular side of people, it really helps me a lot during my angry and depressed times as I'm quite a loner.

Follow Hexon.Arq On Twitter Add Hexon.Arq on Facebook Follow Hexon.Arq on Tumblr Visit Hexon.Arq's Youtube Channel Visit Hexon.Arq's Instagram Channel

I Don't Like The Drugs seems like it was written to be the goddamn opening theme for the 21st century.

Add S.Hal0mega.B on Facebook Visit S.Hal0mega.B's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hexon.Arq View Post
    I Don't Like The Drugs seems like it was written to be the goddamn opening theme for the 21st century.
    Indeed. Like so many others.

"Our less well-developed physical senses, vis-a-vis our limited perception of the electromagnetic spectrum, aka reality - would be responsible for our reliance on reality and all that we define by it."
    'Joelle'

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    That's pretty cool, with Kerrang! I was half expecting it to be Tainted Love.
    Ha, yes I had similar thoughts before I saw the article scans, they're such hacks.

I guess it's personal favourite territory, but for post-Millennial Manson songs on some sort of playlist The Fight Song is a pretty good contender, but there's plenty of songs I'd rather over mOBSCENE. That's not to say I dislike mOBSCENE or it's bad, I'd just prefer others.
    Doll-Dagga-Buzz-Buzz-Ziggety-Zag
    's a good number from The Golden Age Of Grotesque, and over the last decade I'd suggest Born Again, Use Your Fist Not Your Mouth, (maybe) This Is The New Shit, Heart-Shaped Glasses, You And Me And The Devil Makes 3, and We're From America.

I also spotted Oliver's second scan, the text from which has been added to the original post. Yet again Kerrang! come off like idiots, labelling The Triptych "convoluted" either implies you're a cynical fuck who should put down the Bring Me The Horizon CDs, or you've never actually bothered to experience the entire trilogy properly.
    I'm glad they have something on Manson regularly enough, and I am sure there will be some decent interviews with him in there when the new album is ready to drop, but I'm simultaneously glad someone always buys a copy of the thing for the sake of scans, because I wouldn't waste money on it.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

The fact it wasn't Personal Jesus and Tainted Love amaze me.

And S.D. your comment on Bring Me The Horizon just gave you soo many brownie points from me. =P

mob-scene? really? REALLY? mob-scene leaves a bad taste in my mouth, there's plenty of better manson songs from the 2000s like disposable teens,the love song, valentines day, use your fist not your mouth, new shit, vampire, were from america, Armageddon, pretty as a ($).
    Though I agree with the choice of The Fight Song. Im glad Im not the only one that thought that it was going to be personal jesus and tainted love :P

FUCKING SLAYER!\m/\m/