Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Peaches Christ Superstar [LIVE VIDEO]

Default Peaches Christ Superstar [LIVE VIDEO]

I was REALLY psyched about this when I happened to accidentally discover Peaches was doing her own Jesus Christ Superstar tour and that it would be in town just a couple days after I'd found out about it.

Unfortunately, circumstances forced me to miss almost the entire 1st half of the show AND required me to hang back quite a bit and off to the side so I could film without being caught.

So the ACT ONE footage is pretty shaky since I was just setting up as fast as possible but by ACT TWO I'd settled in a bit and was able to do considerably better.

Anyway, it was a pretty barebones stage set-up...I wondered how she'd handle all the different characters in what's basically a one-woman performance, and it looks like cutting a couple numbers and changing lighting cues was the answer.

It was a good show and I really wish I'd caught the entire thing, but I thought it might tickle the fancies of a couple of you out there so I figured I'd go ahead and share what I got anyway.

ACT I
    [Missing All But the Last 3 Songs]

Damned for All Time
    and
    Blood Money

I Don't Know How to Love Him

ACT II

The Last Supper

Gethsemane (I Only Want to Say)

The Arrest

Pilate and Christ

King Herod's Song (Try It and See)

Judas' Death

Trial Before Pilate (Including the 39 Lashes)

Superstar
    and
    The Crucifiction

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

This is relevant to my interests.

Bumping this from the distant past, solely to say that I love Peaches' version of Gethsemane. Of the whole musical it is the one song I not only like, but actively seek out different renditions of (hi, suicide song) and the ending here is on point.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.