Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson To Pen New Biography With Former 'LA Weekly' Editor

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Default Marilyn Manson To Pen New Biography With Former 'LA Weekly' Editor

http://www.providermodule.com/index....news&fn_id=296

Marilyn Manson is to work on another biography with former LA Weekly web editor Erin Broadley. Thank you to Heather Quick of MarilynMansonBrasil for this most excellent news.
    The picture included with the story also shows what might be a previously unseen tattoo on Marilyn Manson's leg. Click the image below for the full-size original:-

"It seems like only yesterday (ok, it was last week) that Erin Broadley, peerless LA Weekly web editor and hardest working woman in web bizniz, told us she was leaving our scenic Culver City offices for greener pastures.
    Well, today Erin's greener pastures have been revealed: she will be writing the first authorized biography of Marilyn Manson (not to be confused with his 1998 autobiography The Long Hard Road Out of Hell).
    To celebrate the occasion, Erin has procured for us exclusively from MM himself a picture of him looking bookish and adorably holding a kitten. Awwww.

More on how this only-in-LA story came to be: A couple of years ago, Erin wrote a cover story for LA Weekly about Travis Keller, the notorious blogger (and occasional LA Weekly contributor) behind the Buddyhead franchise. Keller was quoted telling some tales of debauchery involving Marilyn Manson and the wrath of the Mansonites was unleashed onto an unsuspecting Erin. (See "Marilyn Manson Threatens to Kill Buddyhead, LA Weekly, Critics".)
    A long impasse ensued in which Manson and Erin were mortal enemies (ok, Manson tweeted a bunch about her and his followers called Erin names). And then, in an only-in-LA moment, a truce was called. At the Magic Castle (yes, Manson hangs out at the Magic Castle). Erin was then welcomed into Manson's inner sanctum (a normal-looking apartment, apparently) and became the star's confidante. She's even heard tracks from his closely-guarded new album, scheduled to be released by Cooking Vinyl Records in 2011.
    And now they're BBFs! Here's Manson on his spankin' new biographer: "I asked Erin Broadley to write an objective account of my life because I have great respect for her. I think she has the balls to be the next Lee Miller." (Lee Miller, the press release explains, "was a Surrealist-era journalist, famous for her work with Man Ray and breaking into Hitler's apartment while working for Vogue during WWII").
    Will they remain friends? Can Manson take the "objectivity"? Can Erin endure the Magic Castle and endless recitation of Eastbound & Down catchphrases (Manson's hobby, apparently)? Stay tuned!"

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoasts...n_broadley.php
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Awesome and thanks for the news! I think having another person pen the autobiography is the perfect way to go, and it will be great to have something that covers everything since LHROOH. I'm stoked! :D

Oh, how I love the feeling you deserve to get more than one biography. I'm serious, I think it's an adorable undertone of personality, when it comes to some people. Having your biography written is an immense compliment I'm sure most would love it being paid to them.

I approve of this. rrodmila is pleased.

This is fucking COOL news.

Love Manson's meta-shirt too, lol.

Elephant-stampeding-in-the-room observation, though: VERY curious about that tattoo.

Manson in shorts? Arm/leg of photographer or someone seated next to Manson?

Erm...

o_O

[EDIT] Haha, nice edit up there.

You're welcome, lol.

:P
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 02-28-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Very excited about all the upcoming awesomeness! This is a particularly great idea! Having another person pen is a brilliant move.

I don't doubt that the new album will be stellar! I have a feeling what is coming is going to contend beautifully with the Triptych, or at least that is my hope.

Now, he just needs to release Holy Wood...
    Last edited by Señor Pinche; 02-28-2011 at 12:16 PM.

*explodes*

Looks like a lot of us got our wish!

This is really cool news. I mean like really cool news. Very excited for this! :>

Q is for fucking Queen Alexandra's Avatar

My apologies but my brain has just fried from excitement and I don't have anything to say at the moment other than:

:D

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    [EDIT] Haha, nice edit up there.
    You're welcome, lol.
    The post edit was unrelated to your tattoo comments , it was already discussed in Heather's topic on Babalon, which is where I read about this originally. I did want a smaller picture for the story though, sometimes enormous images make a page drag too far down, and you can't see it in the scaled version.
    Moreover, I think it's fairly obvious there is a honking great cat tattoo in the picture, without your eagle-eye. ;)

Anyway, as everyone said, this is great news, it's nice to see people already eager for the idea. I know that when the A&E Biography special was announced some said it would be good to see a follow-up to The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell, but given it had to cover the basics to translate better to TV audiences, hopefully this book will allow us further insight into Manson's life during the last ten years or so.
    I was also pleased to see the part about the forthcoming album being called "closely-guarded". Knowing that he has a title for it, and that it's being treated with such care makes it sound big, and potentially confident, something that needs to be kept closely-guarded before being unleashed. It seemed far too easy for The High End Of Low demos to keep appearing online during the run-up to release day, even if I didn't choose to listen to them, but in this case we literally know nothing whatsoever about the record, and I like it that way, I want to be surprised, or for a promotional campaign that fucks everyone in the ear to suddenly explode.

And you know what, if this biography is released within the next couple of years, that'll be two books (including Genealogies Of Pain) that Marilyn Manson has had written about him in the first half of this decade. Not bad going by my reckoning, there's not a lot of rock stars who can claim similar these days.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

SHORTS SHORTS SHORTS SHORTS SHORTS SHORT SHORTS SHORTS SHORTS
    now that that is out of my system, again....

Fucking EXCITED for this!!