Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone here have an iPad?

Update on iPad, seeing as this thread was bumped from the mists of antiguity. I love the damned thing. I'd mastered typing on it quickly enough; now when typing on a pc, it feels quite foreign. Lazy allycat loves the fact that ipad spells many words for me.( this function can be disabled)

As for wishing it had a disc drive, I no longer want this. Seems such drives are going the way of the dinosaur. It'd still be nice to have iPad interact with a printer, but if I need to (rarely) print anything, I just go to thr library.

As far as the "why" goes... my mother is a musician and her big project last year was scanning all of her sheet music and converting it to PDF. Before a practice or performance, she'll create one large file with everything she needs in it, in order. If there are any changes, all she has to do is pull up the new music - it's right there with her. I've consideredevery now and then is completely taken over by sheet music, like a tornado hit it... I can't play by ear to save my life, so I have a lot.

She doesn't use an iPad, however - I don't remember offhand what it was. There was about a month where she kept ordering and returning tablets in order to find the one that was easiest to read music from.

Ah.

Yea, I don't own an iPad . . . I will once it can run programs such as Photoshop and Illustrator (and not the watered down versions). Of course with those programs you'll need to use a pen for more precise movements/details.

I don't really get the benefit of an iPad over a MacBook. I know many ppl who have both and it doesn't make much sense to me.

I do!! :D With a keyboard it's better than a mac pro. There are like no decent apps on those.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybitch View Post
    I do!! :D With a keyboard it's better than a mac pro. There are like no decent apps on those.
    Because a Mac pro is a fucking computer.

Last edited by Atom; 04-19-2013 at 10:43 PM.

I do, yes.