Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Test: Alternative Navigation for non Flash [iPhone, iPad]

Muddy Knees

Hell, it's working now. Not sure what it was. Maybe the problem was on my end. I tried several different times but now it's working.

EDIT: Discovered what the problem was: if the homepage doesn't have "www" in the front of the url, it causes the links not to work.
    Last edited by Terrapin; 05-10-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Hell, it's working now. Not sure what it was. Maybe the problem was on my end. I tried several different times but now it's working.
    lol ok. Thanks for letting me know.

Muddy Knees

^Would you know what causes that "www" inconsistency (in my edit above), btw? Cause that same problem doesn't happen in Chrome. Unless it's just a quirk about using an FF browser.
    Last edited by Terrapin; 05-10-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    ^Would you know what causes that "www" inconsistency (in my edit above), btw? Cause that same problem doesn't happen in Chrome. Unless it's just a quirk about using an FF browser.
    I've added in some script, I checked and got the same problem without the WWW, but works for me now I've edited the script.

[script it only edited on the index and forum, will be rolling out the scripts across the site very soon]

after looking a little bit further into it I also discovered its also only the menu on the frontpage :S

bookmarked the page again with www in it and now its working fine :)

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

well I went into FF and used http://providermodule.com and the nav's didn't work on the front page or forum, I added some script and now both work fine, same as www.providermodule.com

Alumni

Just to let you know that since updating to ios 5 the site looks a little off - I know Norsefire has updated - have you seen the way the site is now been rendered with the RSS buttons in the footer and the way certain elements of the page design are bleeding into the forum content?
    Nineteen76Designs: Clients are; Rob Zombie, Sheri Moon Zombie, John 5
    See my Manson Collection here:https://www.instagram.com/the_manson_collection/

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Just to let you know that since updating to ios 5 the site looks a little off - I know Norsefire has updated - have you seen the way the site is now been rendered with the RSS buttons in the footer and the way certain elements of the page design are bleeding into the forum content?
    I've been on the site on my phone since the update and it all the looks the same for me, I don't see any Rss buttons in the footer.

For the elements bleeding into the forum, do you mean the background? The background has always been bled in on my iphone, it's going to be fixed on the next forum update. But if there's something else, let us know, but on my end I can't see it.

Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    I've been on the site on my phone since the update and it all the looks the same for me, I don't see any Rss buttons in the footer.

For the elements bleeding into the forum, do you mean the background? The background has always been bled in on my iphone, it's going to be fixed on the next forum update. But if there's something else, let us know, but on my end I can't see it.
    I'll try and grab a screengrab - problems occurring on my iPad. Never had a bleed through of the background before on either phone but all the icons look really fudged.

Alumni

First screen shows the forum homepage as it now looks and the second the way the rss graphic has mucked up on the reply box
    Last edited by Emma; 10-16-2011 at 08:20 AM.