Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Test: Alternative Navigation for non Flash [iPhone, iPad]

  1. #21
    Moderator
    Muddy Knees
    Terrapin's Avatar
    Join Date: 12.28.09
    Location: New York, NY
    Posts: 1,793
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Hell, it's working now. Not sure what it was. Maybe the problem was on my end. I tried several different times but now it's working.

    EDIT: Discovered what the problem was: if the homepage doesn't have "www" in the front of the url, it causes the links not to work.
    Last edited by Terrapin; 05-10-2011 at 08:33 AM.

  2. #22
    Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Norsefire's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.19.09
    Location: UK
    Posts: 5,689
    Rank: Stigmartyr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Hell, it's working now. Not sure what it was. Maybe the problem was on my end. I tried several different times but now it's working.
    lol ok. Thanks for letting me know.

  3. #23
    Moderator
    Muddy Knees
    Terrapin's Avatar
    Join Date: 12.28.09
    Location: New York, NY
    Posts: 1,793
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    ^Would you know what causes that "www" inconsistency (in my edit above), btw? Cause that same problem doesn't happen in Chrome. Unless it's just a quirk about using an FF browser.
    Last edited by Terrapin; 05-10-2011 at 08:47 AM.

  4. #24
    Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Norsefire's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.19.09
    Location: UK
    Posts: 5,689
    Rank: Stigmartyr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    ^Would you know what causes that "www" inconsistency (in my edit above), btw? Cause that same problem doesn't happen in Chrome. Unless it's just a quirk about using an FF browser.
    I've added in some script, I checked and got the same problem without the WWW, but works for me now I've edited the script.

    [script it only edited on the index and forum, will be rolling out the scripts across the site very soon]

  5. #25
    DopestaR's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.23.09
    Location: The Netherlands
    Posts: 107
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    after looking a little bit further into it I also discovered its also only the menu on the frontpage :S

    bookmarked the page again with www in it and now its working fine :)

  6. #26
    Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Norsefire's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.19.09
    Location: UK
    Posts: 5,689
    Rank: Stigmartyr

    Default

    well I went into FF and used http://providermodule.com and the nav's didn't work on the front page or forum, I added some script and now both work fine, same as www.providermodule.com

  7. #27
    Alumni
    Emma's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.18.09
    Posts: 2,274
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Just to let you know that since updating to ios 5 the site looks a little off - I know Norsefire has updated - have you seen the way the site is now been rendered with the RSS buttons in the footer and the way certain elements of the page design are bleeding into the forum content?
    Nineteen76Designs: Clients are; Rob Zombie, Sheri Moon Zombie, John 5
    See my Manson Collection here:https://www.instagram.com/the_manson_collection/



  8. #28
    Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Norsefire's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.19.09
    Location: UK
    Posts: 5,689
    Rank: Stigmartyr

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Just to let you know that since updating to ios 5 the site looks a little off - I know Norsefire has updated - have you seen the way the site is now been rendered with the RSS buttons in the footer and the way certain elements of the page design are bleeding into the forum content?
    I've been on the site on my phone since the update and it all the looks the same for me, I don't see any Rss buttons in the footer.

    For the elements bleeding into the forum, do you mean the background? The background has always been bled in on my iphone, it's going to be fixed on the next forum update. But if there's something else, let us know, but on my end I can't see it.

  9. #29
    Alumni
    Emma's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.18.09
    Posts: 2,274
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    I've been on the site on my phone since the update and it all the looks the same for me, I don't see any Rss buttons in the footer.

    For the elements bleeding into the forum, do you mean the background? The background has always been bled in on my iphone, it's going to be fixed on the next forum update. But if there's something else, let us know, but on my end I can't see it.
    I'll try and grab a screengrab - problems occurring on my iPad. Never had a bleed through of the background before on either phone but all the icons look really fudged.
    Nineteen76Designs: Clients are; Rob Zombie, Sheri Moon Zombie, John 5
    See my Manson Collection here:https://www.instagram.com/the_manson_collection/



  10. #30
    Alumni
    Emma's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.18.09
    Posts: 2,274
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default





    First screen shows the forum homepage as it now looks and the second the way the rss graphic has mucked up on the reply box
    Last edited by Emma; 10-16-2011 at 08:20 AM.
    Nineteen76Designs: Clients are; Rob Zombie, Sheri Moon Zombie, John 5
    See my Manson Collection here:https://www.instagram.com/the_manson_collection/



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS