Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 127

Thread: Are you left or right? Why?

  1. #11
    Alumni
    Emma's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.18.09
    Posts: 2,274
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MixMastahTee View Post

    You think you should get life for looking at child pornography? Interesting. And what if a husband murders his wife after years of abuse from her? Should he get the same leeway as a woman if the roles were switched?
    You'll have to excuse me but it's not pornography, it is images of children being abused and distributed for the sick gratification of others. As long as,people are downloading these images and not telling the authorities, the "industry" continues. These images show children being abused - children are suffering in those images. Some people think they are doing no harm because they are just looking at photos but they are doing harm because it creates a demand - the more that view them the more demand for new images. And lets not forget the pictures show children being abused. So somewhere a childs life is being ruined because someone is abusing them and these images are being distributed so others can get offmon that abuse. By downloading and getting off on the abuse of children, these people are just as bad IMO.

    And yes if a man who has suffered abuse for years fights back and kills his spouse I also believe leniency should be given - sorry I led you to believe otherwise.

    Basically when it comes to crime I believe cruel behaviour, whether it be besting, rape etc should carry much heavier sentences - sadly it often seems that corporate crimes, or crimes avaunt property garner harsher sentences.
    Last edited by Emma; 05-01-2011 at 03:57 AM.
    Nineteen76Designs: Clients are; Rob Zombie, Sheri Moon Zombie, John 5

  2. #12
    Moderator
    Original AIDS provider.
    The Empirical Guy's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.21.09
    Location: Ass-deep in a sea of dicks.
    Posts: 3,122
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    And yes if a man who has suffered abuse for years fights back and kills his spouse I also believe leniency should be given - sorry I led you to believe otherwise.
    This was something I forgot to touch on in my other post. I believe in equal rights: not better rights. It seems this has gotten a bit mixed up. I have encountered people who say they support 'equal' rights for women/ racial minorities/ homosexuals/ whatever group, but what they really mean is 'better' rights. Case in point, an alarming amount of people still seem to think it is totally forbidden to hit a woman: EVER. Even if this woman is pointing a gun at them or attempting to stab them with a knife, I know people who seriously think it's not ok to hit a woman in this type of self-defence situation, like you're just meant to sit there and get killed. Fuck that, I'd smack a bitch down.

    Same goes for things such as racial political correctness too, these days people are so afraid of offending someone that they tiptoe around things and the minority groups end up getting better treatment. Not from me, I discriminate against everyone equally.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

  3. #13
    You the Chicken Christina's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: In yo mama
    Posts: 1,059
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    You'll have to excuse me but it's not pornography, it is images of children being abused and distributed for the sick gratification of others. As long as,people are downloading these images and not telling the authorities, the "industry" continues. These images show children being abused - children are suffering in those images. Some people think they are doing no harm because they are just looking at photos but they are doing harm because it creates a demand - the more that view them the more demand for new images. And lets not forget the pictures show children being abused. So somewhere a childs life is being ruined because someone is abusing them and these images are being distributed so others can get offmon that abuse. By downloading and getting off on the abuse of children, these people are just as bad IMO.
    I agree with you Emma. And THAT'S coming from the child of a child molester! My father went to prison 3 years ago for molesting his boss' grandchildren and I believe it started from him looking at photos of children on the Internet. He molested a 2 year old on up until she was 4 AND was showing her 9 year old sister images of "child pornography". The person I knew, before he discovered Internet... those images and whatnot, would have never done this! He never molested my brother or I, but as soon as he come across the Internet, it was downhill from there! The images lead to ideas, in my opinion. And not in that "rock'n'roll/video games/television/ = suicide and murder" bullshit way!
    I've actually had a person argue with me that if I could blame child abuse images on leading up to child molestation, then that it could be possible that entertainment could be blamed for ideas of murder and suicide. How sick is that??

    As horrible as you may think I am for it but I still do talk to my father when all possible, but I don't pity him. As a matter of fact I believe he deserves a worse punishment then what he got (a bargained confession for only 5 years in state), because if that was MY little baby girl he did that to and found out he only got 5 YEARS (or just molested her IN GENERAL)?? I would be the one going to prison after he got out of his pathetic 5 years served! And THAT is coming from a mother of a 1 year old! I can't imagine how devastated the parents were when they heard the slap on the wrist that he got!
    Last edited by Christina; 05-01-2011 at 08:44 PM.

  4. #14
    cyborg assassin's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.22.09
    Location: La Línea de la Concepción, Spain
    Posts: 165
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Right-wing, but not particularly conventional, and I've given up caring about total ideological consistency. I saw myself as a libertarian for several years but came to view the ideology as limited (like liberalism, neoconservatism, and Marxism, it's a secular religion) in many ways so appropriated what was worthwhile from it while discarding the rest. Right now, I will admit I still need to do a lot more reading of history, philosophy, and especially sociobiology.

    Although I read about it everyday, I've no enthusiasm for day-to-day party politics, and since I moved abroad I'm no longer bothered about voting.
    Last edited by cyborg assassin; 05-04-2011 at 10:26 AM.

  5. #15
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Cringeon's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: SLUT
    Posts: 4,987
    Rank: Golden Needle
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

    Default

    I'm a democrat. Raised in family that way, so its always been most in line with the positions of government I believe in.

    Posted from my BlackBerry

  6. #16
    You the Chicken Christina's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: In yo mama
    Posts: 1,059
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    ^ Ah thank god. I thought I killed this thread with talk of my perverted daddy!

  7. #17

    Join Date: 05.03.11
    Location: Earth (sometimes)
    Posts: 282
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Conservative with libertarian leanings.

  8. #18
    cold blows the wind Golden Eel's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Boy's Club
    Posts: 3,188
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    You'll have to excuse me but it's not pornography, it is images of children being abused and distributed for the sick gratification of others. As long as,people are downloading these images and not telling the authorities, the "industry" continues. These images show children being abused - children are suffering in those images. Some people think they are doing no harm because they are just looking at photos but they are doing harm because it creates a demand - the more that view them the more demand for new images. And lets not forget the pictures show children being abused. So somewhere a childs life is being ruined because someone is abusing them and these images are being distributed so others can get offmon that abuse. By downloading and getting off on the abuse of children, these people are just as bad IMO.
    This is a subject I struggle with. On one hand, these people have no choice in their sexual desires. By viewing those images, they're far less likely to go out and commit abuse. On the other hand, there are children getting hurt in the production of the images. I suppose you're right though, punishment for viewing the images seems fit. However, the fact that having cartoon or Photoshop depictions of child porn in your possession can put you in jail is absolutely retarded.

    And yes if a man who has suffered abuse for years fights back and kills his spouse I also believe leniency should be given - sorry I led you to believe otherwise.
    I was just confused and clarifying.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    This was something I forgot to touch on in my other post. I believe in equal rights: not better rights. It seems this has gotten a bit mixed up. I have encountered people who say they support 'equal' rights for women/ racial minorities/ homosexuals/ whatever group, but what they really mean is 'better' rights. Case in point, an alarming amount of people still seem to think it is totally forbidden to hit a woman: EVER. Even if this woman is pointing a gun at them or attempting to stab them with a knife, I know people who seriously think it's not ok to hit a woman in this type of self-defence situation, like you're just meant to sit there and get killed. Fuck that, I'd smack a bitch down.

    Same goes for things such as racial political correctness too, these days people are so afraid of offending someone that they tiptoe around things and the minority groups end up getting better treatment. Not from me, I discriminate against everyone equally.
    I'm with you 100%. If a woman hits a man, she has every reason to be hit in the face. I also dislike people who identify as a certain race or culture. "I'm a proud black woman." Why? Why are you proud of things you had no control over? You shouldn't be proud to be anything but a human, pride implies being a black woman is better than being another race or gender. And it's not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    I agree with you Emma. And THAT'S coming from the child of a child molester! My father went to prison 3 years ago for molesting his boss' grandchildren and I believe it started from him looking at photos of children on the Internet. He molested a 2 year old on up until she was 4 AND was showing her 9 year old sister images of "child pornography". The person I knew, before he discovered Internet... those images and whatnot, would have never done this! He never molested my brother or I, but as soon as he come across the Internet, it was downhill from there! The images lead to ideas, in my opinion. And not in that "rock'n'roll/video games/television/ = suicide and murder" bullshit way!
    I've actually had a person argue with me that if I could blame child abuse images on leading up to child molestation, then that it could be possible that entertainment could be blamed for ideas of murder and suicide. How sick is that??
    I think that person is correct. Viewing child porn doesn't make someone suddenly become attracted to children. If he was attracted to children, he has been attracted to children for quite some time. Implying the internet and access to the images created the desire in him seems quite foolish. Just because you were quite close to him doesn't mean you have any grounds for making unbacked psychological claims.

    Quote Originally Posted by cyborg assassin View Post
    Right-wing, but not particularly conventional, and I've given up caring about total ideological consistency. I saw myself as a libertarian for several years but came to view the ideology as limited (like liberalism, neoconservatism, and Marxism, it's a secular religion) in many ways so appropriated what was worthwhile from it while discarding the rest. Right now, I will admit I still need to do a lot more reading of history, philosophy, and especially sociobiology.

    Although I read about it everyday, I've no enthusiasm for day-to-day party politics, and since I moved abroad I'm no longer bothered about voting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    I'm a democrat. Raised in family that way, so its always been most in line with the positions of government I believe in.

    Posted from my BlackBerry
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses Black View Post
    Conservative with libertarian leanings.
    Okay guys... I clarified a few times that this thread wasn't for people to just come in and say "I'm democrat." or "I'm libertarian."

    Expand on the specific issues you think are governments' responsibilities, etc.
         

    and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

  9. #19
    Moderator
    Original AIDS provider.
    The Empirical Guy's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.21.09
    Location: Ass-deep in a sea of dicks.
    Posts: 3,122
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MixMastahTee View Post
    I also dislike people who identify as a certain race or culture. "I'm a proud black woman." Why? Why are you proud of things you had no control over? You shouldn't be proud to be anything but a human, pride implies being a black woman is better than being another race or gender. And it's not.
    Haha. That's something I'd never picked up on before but yes, totally correct.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

  10. #20
    You the Chicken Christina's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: In yo mama
    Posts: 1,059
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MixMastahTee View Post
    I think that person is correct. Viewing child porn doesn't make someone suddenly become attracted to children. If he was attracted to children, he has been attracted to children for quite some time. Implying the Internet and access to the images created the desire in him seems quite foolish. Just because you were quite close to him doesn't mean you have any grounds for making unbacked psychological claims.
    I disagree.

    As soon as he discovered this "fetish" it changed his whole personality. He stopped going to work as much, he never left this house (unless he actually WAS going to work 3 days out of the 6 he was supposed to be there) and he lost interest in all of his hobbies. He had a race car he was building from scratch that he was passionate about so much so that he put himself in debt 20,000 just to build it! But as soon as he got his computers he just let the car go. He stopped going to his shop he had out back that he used to build furniture in, things he could have gone on to be a carpenter professionally. Instead, he would just lock himself in his room for hours on the Internet. Come out long enough to go to the bathroom and eat, then right back he went.
    The FBI said the forensic expert found over 1000 images and videos of teenagers and children that he had downloaded, around the same time he had molested the child in question, on his computers and that he would be charged with each and every one later on after his time was served.
    His history with children was not of being a molester. As a matter of fact, he never even really cared or paid any attention to children, unless it was my brother or I and that was few and far in between. Now I'm not saying the possibility of attraction wasn't there, but the action was NOT until he started acting "different" which was around the same time he was downloading the videos and images. I CAN assure you of that! It seems as though it sparked up a fantasy and he turned it into a reality.
    He was starting to get interested in shows like Hannah Montana, Full House and usually enjoyed watching the Disney channel often. He became obsessed with School Of Rock and Avril Lavigne. It was, at the time, a concern for me and I questioned it to the point where I had to ask my brother what he thought of our father and the way he was acting. He shrugged it off as though he knew something but didn't want to talk about it.

    I may not have a degree in psychology, but I don't need one to tell you that my father was not like "that" until he got a computer!

    http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/40741882.html

    http://glasgowdailytimes.com/local/x...entenced/print

    Now the comparison between rock=suicide and child "porn"=child molestation is ridiculous because A. One is entertainment and the other, as Emma said, is abuse. Now though molestation and suicide both stem from mental disorder BECAUSE they both cause harm to an individual, entertainment and death are completely irrelevant to one another, whereas child "porn" and child molestation go hand in hand because the actions are one in the other... they both equal abuse!
    Last edited by Christina; 05-05-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS