Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 127

Thread: Are you left or right? Why?

  1. #21
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Join Date: 08.05.09
    Location: Subject
    Posts: 7,425
    Rank: Stigmartyr
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

    Default

    The only thing I can come close to categorizing myself as is a "Centerist". I like to look at facts, and without a bias. Even though my alter ego on here points in another direction. I am a realist. I listen to both sides. I watch all networks, and all pundits. I did register as a democrat at 18, but I've grown into being a-political. If you classify yourself as anything you are an idiot. Politics is all rhetoric. I prefer the humanitarian approach.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 05-05-2011 at 03:13 PM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM


  2. #22
    cold blows the wind Golden Eel's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Boy's Club
    Posts: 3,190
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    I disagree.
    I read your post, and while I still disagree I won't argue any further because that's what destroyed my last thread and got everyone to get angry with me lol.

    Plus I just want people to post what they feel without the fear of me coming in and ranting against them.
         

    and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

  3. #23
    You the Chicken Christina's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: In yo mama
    Posts: 1,064
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MixMastahTee View Post
    I read your post, and while I still disagree I won't argue any further because that's what destroyed my last thread and got everyone to get angry with me lol.

    Plus I just want people to post what they feel without the fear of me coming in and ranting against them.
    It's cool. I didn't feel aggressive at all while posting or while reading yours. I like being able to discuss disagreements without it becoming an argument. I think it would make the world a better place if everyone felt like that.

    Carry on.

  4. #24
    cold blows the wind Golden Eel's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Boy's Club
    Posts: 3,190
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    I'm just saying I'm pretty sure sexual preferences are defined in the womb, and at a young age. There are plenty of gay people who didn't know they were gay until many years into their life, but doesn't mean they weren't gay the whole time. I'm not saying you're wrong in seeing huge changes in him, I'm just arguing from the scientific consensus that sexual preferences don't just appear late in life. If it was subconsciously repressed, then it probably was triggered by something other than straight up child porn. It would be my guess that something triggered the idea to come out, which triggered him to use the internet. But I don't know him, and I'm not a psychologist. And for the record, I'm more talking about the issue in general than I'm talking about your dad specifically.
         

    and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

  5. #25
    You the Chicken Christina's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: In yo mama
    Posts: 1,064
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MixMastahTee View Post
    I'm just saying I'm pretty sure sexual preferences are defined in the womb, and at a young age. There are plenty of gay people who didn't know they were gay until many years into their life, but doesn't mean they weren't gay the whole time. I'm not saying you're wrong in seeing huge changes in him, I'm just arguing from the scientific consensus that sexual preferences don't just appear late in life. If it was subconsciously repressed, then it probably was triggered by something other than straight up child porn. It would be my guess that something triggered the idea to come out, which triggered him to use the internet. But I don't know him, and I'm not a psychologist. And for the record, I'm more talking about the issue in general than I'm talking about your dad specifically.
    Well I think that's where the subject gets dangerous because of lack of knowledge of pedophilia from the general public with it being so touchy. Sexual appeal to children is a controversial subject for the fact that there have actually been groups of pedophiles that argue pedophilia is a sexual preference and not a psychiatric disorder which I myself agree it is a disorder rather then a preference. I believe it is considered a psychiatric disorder because it causes harm to an individual AND it also causes addictive behavior. The reason I agree that it is addictive is because the person committing the crime doesn't just stop at one or two victims or videos/images. Just like drug addiction, it goes on until help is received or realization occurs (which rarely happens). It cannot be cured but the urges can be helped whereas preference does not harm consensual partners.
    Now generally, pedophiles are usually considered to have had this disorder from a young age, and he may have, but the action is really what I believe was triggered off by the images of pedophilia and nude images of children.

    Like I said, no aggression. :)

  6. #26
    cold blows the wind Golden Eel's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Boy's Club
    Posts: 3,190
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Well I think that's where the subject gets dangerous because of lack of knowledge of pedophilia from the general public with it being so touchy. Sexual appeal to children is a controversial subject for the fact that there have actually been groups of pedophiles that argue pedophilia is a sexual preference and not a psychiatric disorder which I myself agree it is a disorder rather then a preference. I believe it is considered a psychiatric disorder because it causes harm to an individual AND it also causes addictive behavior. The reason I agree that it is addictive is because the person committing the crime doesn't just stop at one or two victims or videos/images. Just like drug addiction, it goes on until help is received or realization occurs (which rarely happens). It cannot be cured but the urges can be helped whereas preference does not harm consensual partners.
    Now generally, pedophiles are usually considered to have had this disorder from a young age, and he may have, but the action is really what I believe was triggered off by the images of pedophilia and nude images of children.

    Like I said, no aggression. :)
    Pedophilia isn't the cause of any of those problems, poor self-control is. I can't understand how being attracted to children is any different than being attracted to the same gender. If you choose not to act on any of those urges, no one will be hurt. There are people attracted to animals and people attracted to inanimate objects. It's when you consciously choose to fuck a dog or a picnic table that it becomes a problem.

    What if your sexual preference is to rape someone? When does a fetish turn into a disorder?

    Sex can also be highly addictive among straight, average people. The reason pedophiles get such a bad wrap imo, is that only the ones with poor self-control make themselves known. I have no doubt that there are plenty of people who go through life attracted to children (or animals, etc.) who never act on their urges, so no one would ever even know.

    Either way, I think we both agree on the fundamental issue here: if you act on these urges, you deserve the penalty for your actions. Don't want to make it seem like I'm some pederast sympathizer. I just like looking at social norms under a different light, and sometimes it gets me some weird looks lol.
         

    and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

  7. #27
    You the Chicken Christina's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: In yo mama
    Posts: 1,064
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by linhely View Post
    I can masturbate with both hands.
    I don't like you already!

    Bragger!!

  8. #28
    Amputated Limbo ThreeEyedGod's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Posts: 1,925
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    There have been scientific studies where average, straight people where shown child porn videos and they were very sexually stimulated. They had devices hooked up to them that were supposed to measure how sexually stimulated you were and they all showed undeniable, physiological signs.

  9. #29
    Moderator
    Muddy Knees
    Terrapin's Avatar
    Join Date: 12.28.09
    Location: Texas
    Posts: 1,786
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Independent of the whole shebang. See no point in leaning one way or the other. Simply make decisions based on fiscal opportunities and in support of individual rights for people to live however they see fit that doesn't infringe on the rights of others. Essentially, fuck the political two-party system we were born to live within. It does nothing but harm progress.

  10. #30
    MaryYana's Avatar
    Join Date: 07.22.12
    Posts: 172
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    I'm a socialist. I believe 100-1000 wishes for good lives go above the 1 wish for a life in luxury. You being born in a rich or poor family does not make you deserve more or less as a human being and education and job chances are for all.

    If you have extreme difficulties keeping you away from being able to study yourself to, or keep, a job, then you should be given support because there's nothing you can do about it. If shit fucks up for you in life, you should be given economical support and keep being offered a chance to go back to studying for a job or getting a job whenever there is a better time to do so.

    Being the latter, though, you shouldn't have quite as good of an economy as a person with a job does. Some professions should also give you better wages than others. This is to keep some people motivated to contribute to society or/and go for the professions that are more difficult to reach, but are needed, because without anyone contributing to society there is no way it could be properly run for everyone and there is also no way that the people who need support can get it, since you can't grab the things needed for support out of nothing. Some people will work out of passion for the profession itself, but a lot of people go more by instincts and human is, at the core, as lazy as it can be without getting into trouble or being too uncomfortable with its situation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS