Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Two Full-Length Marilyn Manson Concerts Added to the Provider Module Theatre!

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

Default Two Full-Length Marilyn Manson Concerts Added to the Provider Module Theatre!

With Twiggy's birthday right around the corner, we wanted to showcase two eras of Marilyn Manson concerts that highlight the beast that is the collaboration between Marilyn Manson and Twiggy.

KINETOSCOPE: 10/25/1996 - Memorial Auditorium in Burlington, Vermont (Dead To The World Tour)
    PHONOGRAPH: 10/22/2009 - Zepp Tokyo in Tokyo Japan (The High End of Low Tour)

You can find both shows, including a high quality download of the audio show in the Provider Module Theatre!

Enjoy these awesome concerts, and be sure to let us know what shows you want to see in the future.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

There's the embed code for a playlist I made of one of the shows, because why the hell not. Too lazy to do the other show.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

Thanks, I opted not for the playlist because the way YT let's you embed it doesn't work with the way we link into the page. It disables fullscreen because we load via external links and not using object embed codes. I added the playlist code, and hopefully I'll find a work around.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Cool video recording, I don't think I've seen this before. Thanks for uploading this Cringeon!

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Thanks, I opted not for the playlist because the way YT let's you embed it doesn't work with the way we link into the page. It disables fullscreen because we load via external links and not using object embed codes. I added the playlist code, and hopefully I'll find a work around.
    Ah, I thought you could just link the playlist in the main area, and link the individual songs on the side. But yeah, I don't know too much about all that.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

I dunno if I'm the only one, but when I click THEATRE I can only find the one concert (the DTTW concert above), I click the link that should take me to the collection but it doesn't...
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

The other concert is an audio bootleg (available streaming or for download in FLAC) found in the PHONOGRAPH section. And the Museum (fan collections) link is working fine for me. Try refreshing your browser or clearing your cookies/cache.

Interesting side note. The video bootleg is rumored to have been filmed by MM's road crew. This show is only a few weeks after ACSS was released, so it's cool to see it from the start of the tour.

I actually caught the 3rd, 7th, and 9th shows on the DttW Tour and was in the pit for each. Between the shows I saw personally and the show reviews at Coyote's Spookhouse I was following online at the time I can TOTALLY confirm they were filming most if not ALL of the shows from the soundboard area with a tripod mounted camcorder that seemed pretty professional.

Unfortunately, it seemed the cams were pretty much ignored during the bulk of the shows and just left filming relatively wide, static footage while mostly left untended to and the general consensus (eventually confirmed in an interview somewhere, iirc) was that it was probably meant more for use as back-up in the event of legal trouble, considering all the cancellations, lawsuits, and false-affidavits plaguing their performances and bookings at the time.

Both angles here obviously have someone manning the zoom/pan functions, however. Yet it bears mentioning that one of the angles DOES seem to generally remain occupied with wider shots of the full stage for a lot of the time. Likewise, the editor seems to focus on the other, more active and tighter angle's footage for possibly just such a reason.

Always hoped more of that stuff would leak (and there's a bunch of Manson boots that have been out for a LONG time that always seemed like likely suspects for having been leaked from the soundboard footage), so I wouldn't be surprised if that rumor's actually true in this case.

Wish it were edited as well as both angles were shot, though. Still pretty cool and fun in its own random, amateurish, DIY kinda way, though!

Interesting sidenote: Manson frequently had "kill the chicken" written on his chest in lipstick back in the SLC days -- often written onstage by himself during "Dogma" -- but he also wrote "no salvation" there instead on at least a couple occasions (such as the SLC club show I caught, for instance). Likewise, he'd occasionally do a spoken word intro on the SLC Club Tour wherein he recited a portion of the lyrics from "The Reflecting God," so the as-yet-unreleased new song was clearly on his mind at the time (and probably being written and demoed between shows on the road simultaneously).

Anyhow, my point is this...

By the early DttW Tour shows Manson was typically coming onstage caked in white-out bodypaint make-up and wrapped in lighter hues and shades of pantyhose (theoretically partially meant to obscure the cartoonier arm tattoos so as to better match the imagery and tone of the new direction of the band at the time), and I don't believe he was ever seen (or at least reported) to have ever done the chest-writing bit for "Dogma" at any DttW shows. Might be wrong...but anyway.

My OTHER point is that it's interesting that he refers to the girl in the audience with "no salvation" carved into her arm at this show before launching into "The Reflecting God."

Back to the subject of rumors for a moment, it was a pretty heavily circulated (and easily believable) rumor at the time that one of the Slasher Girls had cut "no salvation" into her arm back in earlier days while following Manson on the road during Portrait/SLC tours and had consequently inspired the lyric's inclusion in the still-gestating song as well as its debut on the SLC tour. Can't say for sure, but I'm thinking THAT might have been suggested or lightly touched upon in some interview somewhere, too. Too high to recall, lol.

So, given that she's almost SURELY the girl Manson's talking about in the front row and ALSO that she was probably front-and-center for the whole show, I'm pretty sure he's probably doing it for HER (and LOOKING at her, I think) when he hearkens back to the bygone era of the lipstick/chest days for the "no salvation" lyric while he seemingly mimes the act of slashing at his chest earlier in this same show during "Dogma" at about the 2:14 mark:

o_O

Just sayin'.

When I watched the show for the first time I saw that chest-slashing gesture during "Dogma" and TOTALLY wondered out loud to myself whether or not one of the Slasher Girls was at that show and the target of the gestural "shout-out" -- given HIS past of referring to "her" lyric during "Dogma" back in the day AS WELL AS him having previously done so right on his chest, right where SHE had carved HIS name on her own chest -- so when I finally watched the show all the way through to her ACTUAL shout-out before "The Reflecting God," I was even MORE certain than ever about exactly what I'd already seen and suspected about the whole thing beforehand.

Just thought it was worth noting.

AWESOME job selecting concerts to feature, btw!

I totally <3 the featured-bootleg sections, obviously.

:)