Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shia LaBeouf working on new Marilyn Manson video!

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Default Shia LaBeouf working on new Marilyn Manson video!

Thanks to Tigger at Babalon, they just posted that they saw him interviewed on the TV where he talked about working on a new video for Marilyn Manson.

Check out this video at 01:45 where he talks briefly about Marilyn Manson.

If the video doesn't show, go to this website - http://extratv.warnerbros.com/videos...sShareURL=true

Default Shia Labeouf Discusses Manson with Regis & Kelly 6/30/11

So there I am tuning in to catch Shia Labeouf promoting Transformers: Dark of the Moon on Live! with "Regis & Kelly" this morning and imagine my complete and utter fucking SHOCK when they start discussing his friendship and creative endeavors with Marilyn Manson!!!

O_O

I can't film the TV and upload it at the moment and it's sure to be on YT in higher quality soon anyway, but I'm going to transcribe the entire conversation here in this thread right away.

OMFG.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Just merged these threads Haz, hope you don't mind it seems to be of the same news.

If the transcribe you have differs from what he says in the above video, please do post and I will put it in the news!

Haha, you sniped my thread!

I'm actually almost totally hamstrung at my pal's place right now, so I can't view that video at the moment. Their Mac's screwed up and slow as fuck and the TV's across the apartment from the Mac and I didn't bring my laptop...but I did bring my camcorder so I'm filming the DVR-ed interview right now and I'll be back shortly transcribing it off my camcorder footage, lol.

It's a pretty surreal and entertaining discussion, though.

Gimme a coupla minutes.

:)

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

I hadn't seen the Maniac trailers yet, but after seeing the 2nd one - it definitely love to see a MM video taken in that type of style

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Their Mac's screwed up and slow as fuck and the TV's across the apartment from the Mac and I didn't bring my laptop...but I did bring my camcorder so I'm filming the DVR-ed interview right now and I'll be back shortly transcribing it off my camcorder footage, lol.
    lol Awesome!

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

You know this is one of the things I love most about Manson - his unfailing ability to hold influence over so many artists, musicians, writers, directors and people from all fields of entertainment. And it seems these days, they're always so much more unexpected. I remember in the '90s Manson often said he was considering, yet also turning down collaboration requests because they were mostly from people that seemed really obvious for Marilyn Manson to collaborate with, but recently even if it's a small joint project, he connects with people all across the board.

I don't know a great deal about Shia LeBeouf besides a couple of films he's been in, but in this clip he seems grounded, professional and hard-working. Checking the clip Cringeon posted and thinking how his visual style could be applied to Manson's work, I think this music video will be a fantastic result, I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing more. Grand news, thanks to all the people sourcing it!
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Here's the interview if it hasn't been posted yet. Starts talking about Manson at 3m10s

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Thanks for the video Krazzy Joe!

Shia: I get my thrills and kicks on the set really, usually.

Regis: But now you're directing as well, huh? A little music video, I hear. That's the beginning of it, you see? I know you want to direct. Every actor wants to direct.

Shia: I don't, really. I do it because, you know, I'm fans of these people and I kind of want to hang out without being like a groupie, you know, a fan. So if you if you have a camera somehow you're official, you know what I mean? So it's really, like, I did this thing with this rapper who I respect named Kid Cudi who...

Kelly: Kid Cudi's great.

Shia: Yeah, so he let me follow him with an 8 mm camera in Amsterdam at the Cannabis Cup and he was a judge...so that was a lot of fun.

[audience laughs]

Kelly: That is crazy!

Shia: Yeah!

Regis: It's all part of the story of the video?

Shia: Yeah, the song's called "Marijuana" so it seemed...

[big audience laugh]

...seemed like a good idea.

[smiles]

Shia: And then we did a horror short film called "Maniac" which was based on this movie called Man Bite Dog [sic -- he meant Man Bites Dog, I believe, one of the greatest movie's ever made] and then Marilyn Manson...

Regis: Man Bite Dog?

Shia: Yeah.

Kelly: Marilyn Manson...

Shia: Saw the video and...

Kelly: I. LOVE. MARILYN MANSON.

Shia: Same, yeah, he's great.

Kelly: Amazing, right?

Shia: Yeah! In person, too, like a real sweet guy. I mean, you know, he's got like, he's, uh...he's an eccentric human being.

Kelly: Oh, completely. Tell me. So tell me, you meet with Marilyn Manson...

Shia: Yeah.

Kelly: Take me through, step-by-step. What is he wearing? What is his house like? What does he serve you? Tell me everything.

Shia: Well, uh, he lives in West Hollywood above a liquor store, uh...

[big audience laugh]

Kelly: Right, exactly how I imagined it.

Shia: And there's no lights in the room, and there's sort of this big, metal door and he opens the door and he's in a kimono, a pink kimono...

Kelly: Okay, I didn't expect that.

[audience laughs]

Shia: Yeah, and he shakes my hand and we walk in this sort of...it's like a lair, you know? Again, no lights so he's using a cell phone to guide you around... And he's a cinephile, I mean, all he does is watch movies. So you go into his house and really the whole house is just a theater. He eats, sleeps, records...it's all in a movie theater, essentially. And he, you know, we sat and watched movies a bunch and talked about what he wanted to do for the visuals on his album...which are all, you know, really eccentric ideas that involve things that, you know, I can't even really say out loud 'cause this is morning television.

[audience laughs]

Kelly: Right, don't say it out loud.

Regis: Is he part of your video that you're shooting?

Shia: Yeah, it's his album.

Regis: It's his thing, yeah, wow.

Kelly: Incredible.

[wide-eyed and amazed]

IF YOU NEED ME TO CARRY EQUIPMENT, I WILL SHOW UP, I WILL...

Shia: Haha, he would actually love that, I'm sure!

Kelly: ...I WILL PUT ON A KIMONO. WHATEVER.

[big audience laugh]

Shia: Wow, yeah. All right, maybe..yeah! [leads audience in applause]

[huge cheer from audience]

And then Regis says something under the cheering before announcing that they'll be back with Shia Lebeouf after a commercial break. The audience is so psyched for Kelly Rippa potentially carrying Manson's equipment while wearing a kimono as Shia looks on that it's almost impossible to discern Regis' last comment without a lip reader, lol.

Fucking EPIC.

:D

It's probably been uploaded to YouTube in the time it's taken me to transcribe everything, but there you have it!

What can I say?

I was in the middle of a good, hearty wake-and-bake while I was waiting for Shia's appearance so I was caught COMPLETELY off-guard, lol.

:P
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 06-30-2011 at 12:56 PM.