Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Provider Module.

Q is for fucking Queen Alexandra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    This thread is hilarious. Haz, the image of you suckling on Terroja's teet will haunt me for the rest of my days.
    Haha, I actually have that photo somewhere in the dark depths of my computer! :D

Anyway, adam, as a person who's fought with severe social anxiety for a few good years, I'll give you advice: if don't feel like you can handle being hurt by words on a message board (or anywhere else on the internet), then you can simply lurk about, instead of speaking out. Four years ago I started lurking around the now gone Heirophant and it was slowly starting to get ugly with every passing month. I was too shy back then to post even once there and knowing that it was rough place for overly sensitive people, I simply enjoyed lurking around without risking that I'll get pwned, lol.

Of course now that I've managed to overcome my shyness, interacting with people on the web has become a pure pleasure, despite the occasional kick in the butt here and there. Provider Module is an exceptionally friendly place overall, but keep in mind that no matter what group of people you're around with, be it on the web or not, there's always going to be someone, who won't like you and you shouldn't give a shit about that, really. Accept the fact that you can't make everyone love you. Even such a nice girl like me knows a few folks who don't like me. ;)

But I manage to keep that number of people minimal, because I hate imposing myself on others and hardly ever give them reasons to dislike me. Simply don't start conversations with those whom you feel may not like you. It's as simple as that.

And finally, from what I've seen on Facebook, people aren't that harsh for you, so I'm surprised that you're reacting this way or that you actually believe someone would want to physically hurt you. Trust me, I've seen far, far more ruthless words being posted on the internet.

Cheers and I hope that with time you'll learn not to take the interwebz so seriously, because being hurt/pwned/you name it is inevitable if you're connected to it.

What Lucille said! No-one gets on with everyone and it is good for you to get your ass kicked once it a while, it helps keep you grounded. This is only the net and I personally love that this community is honest and angsty and occasionally abusive rather than some asskissy fake thing.

flyflyflyflyflyflyflyflyf

The internet shouldn't be taken this seriously, though people seem to do that all the time. I guess we all grow out of that after some point. Perhaps you will too.

Seriously you guys.

I'm sorry to say I don't know you too well, but if you in-fact are leaving, so sorry to hear it.

I think the people on here are pretty gay, and I don't care if that's against Provider Module etiquette. That's the problem there's too many gay rules, and I understand rules needing to be implemented, but alot of these said rules are pretty gay. Another thing is that if you don't worship everything Manson does, then you're going to get attacked by everybody. Not everything Manson touches is gold, though he's pretty close at it. I'm not out to be a goblin or whatever its called online. And I don't go on here much for these reasons, and I don't expect change it just should be said and this was the perfect opportunity.
    death

I still check the site often for Manson news though ;) but PM's FB gets updated quicker. So IDK.
    death

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

lol - what rules do we have? I mean really, besides asking people not to post leaked material I can't think of anything we actually enforce around here. And I fucking run the place hahaha

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

^ lol true.
    Also, since when have people been attacked for posting their opinions on Marilyn Manson? I think you're confused KhristTheLord.

Quote Originally Posted by KhristTheLord View Post
    I still check the site often for Manson news though ;) but PM's FB gets updated quicker. So IDK.
    Yeah all news we post is fed through to our Facebook and Twitter, so whatever people prefer hopefully the news that's posted will reach them.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I'm echoing Norsefire and Cringeon a little here, but your posts have me scratching my head KhristTheLord.

I think the people on here are pretty gay, and I don't care if that's against Provider Module etiquette.
    It's not against any etiquette, it just sounds silly.

That's the problem there's too many gay rules, and I understand rules needing to be implemented, but alot of these said rules are pretty gay.
    Like Cringeon said, I'm not aware of any steadfast rules we have either regarding the website or the forums. We don't allow sharing of copyrighted or leaked Marilyn Manson material because, well quite obviously this is a fansite and we'd prefer people supported the artist. That's generally a rule on any fansite worth its salt though. Besides that, we have nothing stating what you can and cannot do here, so maybe you're confused? We like to maintain an atmosphere of mutual respect between members, and that seems to have worked for the past couple of years, but it's still not a rule we have pinned to the site.

Another thing is that if you don't worship everything Manson does, then you're going to get attacked by everybody.
    If you feel you've been verbally attacked you can always report posts or contact one of us in the staff roster to have it investigated. The 'View Forum Leaders' section at the bottom takes you straight to our staff list, or there are more extensive profiles with email listings in the 'Information & Links' section of the main navigation bar.
    I don't know anyone here who "worships" Manson's work though, we're all a bit long in the tooth for terms like that, most of us just really dig entertainment.

Actually, all news stories are posted to the site's front page feed before being linked into the Facebook and Twitter accounts, so this is not true.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...