Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Born Villain' · OUT NOW!

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Default 'Born Villain' · OUT NOW!

Manson had this to say:

“‘Born Villain’ is the title of the new Marilyn Manson album. While looking to experiment in unlikely collaborations, I met Shia, and we spent a long night at my studio. After seeing ‘Maniac,’ his short film, which is somewhat inspired by ‘Man Bites Dog,’ I was astonished by his directing ability. So I shared quite a few of my favorite inspirations in art, literature, and obviously…film. I was impressed with how Shia digested my world, and made what I’d like to think, is both an homage and a mockery of the history of Cinema. We ended up writing a short film, and just recently released a trailer. The score is from my new album, and is, in the words of Macbeth, ‘full of sound and fury.’

I find the idea of a yawning MGM lion far more interesting than a roaring one.
    You ask why we did this?
    ‘No reason.’

http://marilynmanson.com/2011/marily...lain/#comments

Alumni

Damn you got in just as I was putting a thread together - will remove my duplicate.
    Nineteen76Designs: Clients are; Rob Zombie, Sheri Moon Zombie, John 5

Finally got the video online officially, w00t!!!

NICE clean and crisp mix for the music, too...LOVE IT. Everything sounds killer.

Good to finally hear the gongs/bells/chimes Norsefire described also.
    Nice presentation.
    Another smoothly and flawlessly executed internet unveiling from Manson!

\o/

Haha, but seriously, this is AWESOME shit. All things considered, this has to be one of the most distinguished and intriguing beginnings to a new era since his Berlin aktion piece and performance with Helnwein for The Golden Age of Grotesque. I'M certainly transfixed and thrilled by the proceedings, at any rate!

CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE.

O_O
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 09-02-2011 at 02:52 AM.

YABBA DABBA DOO! I'm so glad to hear the album title finally announced. It's actually quite an interesting album title.

Oh wow. The new era couldn't have started any better.
    I love the new song, the video itself and the album title. Can't wait for the whole album!

100% agreed, Born Villain is a great title for the new album.

Calculations was alreadly trawling around Babalon and seemed concerned that it strays from the tradition of dichotomous album titles. Except it totally DOESN'T since it DOES represent something of a dichotomy, unless you align yourself with the concepts of fate, destiny, original sin, etc.

Haha, good ol' Calcs.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by adamchabbi6 View Post
    YABBA DABBA DOO!
    WTF. This is Manson we're talking about here, no need to bring domestic abuse into this!

;)

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

What an awesome piece of news!

Wel... let's hope everything goes according to his plan... but so far..................... WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWW

It was a nice video as well... :D
    (kidding, it was >awesome)

well... guess it's time to order my copy of the campaign book, don't want to be left out without the paraphernalia of the new era :D

I was kind of hoping for a "deeper" title. That is not to say that this couldn't be revealed as such down the road, but Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood all have profound implications that seem forced into the titles of later albums. Born Villain reminds me of a combination of Viktor Vaughn's Vaudeville Villain mixed with Born Like This (an album from his alias MF DOOM). Also seems very close to Born This Way, at least conceptually.

Follow absinthe bunny On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Señor Pinche View Post
    I was kind of hoping for a "deeper" title. That is not to say that this couldn't be revealed as such down the road, but Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood all have profound implications that seem forced into the titles of later albums. Born Villain reminds me of a combination of Viktor Vaughn's Vaudeville Villain mixed with Born Like This (an album from his alias MF DOOM). Also seems very close to Born This Way, at least conceptually.
    I expected it to be a track title, not an album title.

EDIT: and I guess we already know what the album cover looks like?
    Last edited by absinthe bunny; 09-02-2011 at 11:44 AM.
    NEW WEBSITE LAYOUT UPLOADED 22/09/2013: