Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 42 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Born Villain' · OUT NOW!

After listening to the album... the lack of proper packaging just sucks even harder. I just want some visual aspect to coincide with the awesome music. An MM album has always been about the entire experience. The music, the visuals, the physical packaging, the whole ball of wax. I feel like I'm getting half of an awesome MM experience.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    There is a really cool album credit page. So I think it's possible that there will be a booklet. I saw the album credits when Steve Coy leaked them. The credits were in a shape of a moon. I think it will look pretty cool.
    I think they were set out within a shape of a circle... so they're most likely hidden under the CD.

Just wanted to point out that Born Villain is the #1 rock album in the Japanese iTunes store:

"People who are lazy enough to assume that it was meant to be shocking and then will say "Oh, this isn't shocking," are the same type of people that complain about their partner when they masturbate." - MM

I reviewed the album and gave it a 71-75%.

71% w/ You're So Vain
    75% w/o

Quote Originally Posted by GroupofOne View Post
    I reviewed the album and gave it a 71-75%.

71% w/ You're So Vain
    75% w/o
    Any chance you could post some of your thoughts in the review thread?
    "People who are lazy enough to assume that it was meant to be shocking and then will say "Oh, this isn't shocking," are the same type of people that complain about their partner when they masturbate." - MM

Definitely! Was just wondering if there was one, didn't think of it before I posted that in this one. I'll go find it and post a little bit more of my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    Same here, even though I'm going to try my best not to listen to Born Villain until a CD comes in the post, I've pre-ordered several copies so far so I don't see a problem if I do grab a download before they arrive.

several copies???
    Really???

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    I agree, most people can't hear a difference, but most people are listening on laptop speakers, ipod earbuds, 5.1 pc speakers, their car etc (mm ghettoblaster!). You don't have to studio monitors in an acoustically treated room like myself to really hear the difference, and even moderately priced headphones can really show you all the detail your missing. I swapped out my ipod for all lossless, and I'm sold on it besides just the placebo effect.

I kind of miss that about the 70s, home hifi stereo systems! I'm excited to get the vinyl, I've been making 96khz/24bit rips of my vinyl through my recording rig and in some cases the vinyl destroys the cd version, so I just put that on my ipod instead lol. The remaster of PHM is killer.
    that sounds like something I would enjoy to listen (a rip of vinyl) - would you care to share that with us, common people once you do it :D

(and no worries, I've ordered my single, CD, RSD vinyl and BV vinyl as well :D )

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Principiante View Post
    several copies???
    Really???
    Yeah, well I like to collect them and each one has something different, free poster, art card or vinyl bundle.

Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    Yeah, well I like to collect them and each one has something different, free poster, art card or vinyl bundle.
    Same here (except for too late to know about CD Japan's offer). I have Vinyl, the HMV exclusive art version, EMP's version with single and a Japanese edition coming.