Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: [003]: Feb 26 2012 - Soundwave Festival - Olympic Park - Sydney, Australia

I'm glad to see a positive review for the show, we've seen mostly negative stuff so far. Thanks for posting, Empirical Guy. Can't wait to see your videos.

Here a comment to the Article "Manson booed off stage":

This is load of overhyped bullshit
    Manson played a really good set he actually went a bit overtime and they played like 2 or 3 songs after hecame back on
    I mean who wouldnt be pissed at arrogant dickhead slipknot fans interuppting your set with chants
    Arrogant bastards
    Dont get me wrong i love slipknot but it was just rude

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    Fred was... well, Fred scared me. He played great and looked like he fit right in, but in between songs he was just doing this dead eyed stare that was kind of creepy.
    Fred is the most natural member of Marilyn Manson since Twiggy joined, left, re-joined, and became Jesus.

Sutter didn't have quite the same level of stage presence as Ginger did.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Great review The Empirical Guy!
    Just shared this on FB, hope you don't mind. With people just judging this show on that one review saying MM was booed off stage it's good for people to read a review from someone else at the show.

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

/\ Ginger's face! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Great review, The Empirical Guy. I knew it wasn't horrible as some people said, the band is in great form, you can see that in the videos.

The Love Song

I'm sorry, but were we seriously at the same show? I was entertained.
    I would have asked you the same question.

If you didn't hear the slurring, then you weren't listening. Possibly it had to do with that fact that the crowd knew the songs better than he, and could hit the notes better too. I'm sorry but I'm actually dumbfounded at how positive your review is.

Today was the one thing I was hoping to never see. Manson's quality has, quite infamously, been on a steep decline in recent years when it comes to performing. I, however, have had the pleasure of seeing him every time he's come to Australia since 2005, and, until today, it was all pretty much flawless.

Sure, I had fun. I moshed more than anyone else in the pits I can tell you that, but that's probably because the band was fantastic. Mister Marilyn Manson was not.

What I saw today wasn't the Marilyn Manson I listen to every single day, nor the man I've drawn such inspiration and confidence from since I first picked up GAOG in 2003. This person was a flabby, pathetic, moaning alcoholic mess of a human being with no discernible talent what-so-ever. An arrogant, self-obsessed tool who cared more about making a couple of dick jokes and playing dictator to his abused stage crew than he did hitting the notes and putting on a decent show.

Hell, he would just lie down when he got out of breath, writhe around while forgetting his lyrics and then get up to slur some more.

I am more than disappointed. I'm fucking devastated at seeing him the way he was.

I'm not asking for him to perform like he did in 1997, I'm asking to see him perform like he has an ounce of respect left for himself and his so called 'art' nowadays.

I stand by what I said, as one of the most dedicated Marilyn Manson fans this country has ever seen (little bit of hyperbole).

I wish I could be as positive as you were.
    Last edited by ImNotJesus; 02-26-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

And the plot thickens.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

You got some vids? Because in every one that's been posted so far you can understand him clearly.

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

Rock is Dead