Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: [003]: Feb 26 2012 - Soundwave Festival - Olympic Park - Sydney, Australia

awesome pics! i love the new look.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Thought this was cool - New MM logo also on drum kit.

Great pics really! He looks evil with that make up and clothes!

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/manson...ndwave-sydney/

Manson Booed Off Stage At Soundwave Sydney

Marilyn Manson was booed off stage at Soundwave today. Slipknot fans made no secret of their feelings towards the shock rocker. Manson, who openly discussed his inebriated state to the crowd, poured a vile of white powder over his bass players head. He also argued with his stage assistants between songs, who had to shout him back on stage, and was booed and heckled towards the end of his set.

The crowd chanted ‘Slipknot’ over and over again to throw the clearly disheveled Manson off his game. Manson responded by storming off stage leaving a very confused drummer, and for that fact, a very confused crowd. Dead silence fell over the main stage area, the absence of any background music showed that organisers were caught off guard by the sudden exit. The band returned for one last song but quickly left afterwards and were not seen again, this happening a full ten minutes before the set was supposed to end.

Early construction of the Slipknot set and sound checking of their gear could be blamed for the uproar of Slipknot chants, though only one person can be blamed for the chants of ‘Get off the stage!’ – Manson himself who not only showed little respect for the crowd, yelling over his backing tracks “who let DJ Lethal on our stage? He was clearly lacking energy and ranting in spoken word poetry which finished with a ‘Remember, we’re up-over you, down under”

This must have been a sad day for Manson fans who saw their idol desperately clutching at what ever threads of his career remain in tact.
    WTF?

Bias article much?

If I was at this show there would have been a few dead maggots crushed under my boot.

Joey Jordison couldn't have been happy about this.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

The whole stormed off stage part was probably the fact he finished his songs, then came back for The Beautiful People encore like the previous two shows.

Corey Taylor should have gone onstage and called them all a bunch of rude cunts.

EDIT: Though, I don't suppose that word carries that much weight down there.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

HORRIBLE.

Just arrived back, and I have never been more disappointed with an artist I love before.

I do not for one second blame the Slipknot fans for their reaction. If Manson had performed a show that actually kept people entertained then there wouldn't have been a problem.

Anybody who thinks there was anything salvageable about today is fucking deluded. He couldn't even remember his own lyrics (not that it mattered, you couldn't hear individual words, just slurs.)

Fuck.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Being a fan and criticizing a show that was lackluster and actually pretty disappointing...what's that? *gasp - You guys wouldn't.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

Does anyone know if this video is from today's show?

Original AIDS provider.

I just got back home. Fucking excellent.

The Sydney Morning Herald article is complete made up bullshit, as is their paper in general. Manson was not booed off stage and I didn't hear any heckling towards him. Generally he got a very good reception, which was well deserved. He, and the band as a whole, were in excellent form.

Starting with ACSS, it was clear right off the bat that his screams were in excellent form, and they stayed that way for the whole set. Though he made some mistakes coming in early, but mistakes happen to all of us. I've seen Manson make mistakes on stage, I've seen Metallica do it, I've seen Dream Theater do it... it happens. It was nothing major.

Twiggy was like he'd been transported back to 1996. Sporting the dress (FUCK yes! Twiggy in a dress!) he was far more active than last tour, running around, headbanging, acting out... playing sounded great too. Fuck anyone who says Twiggy shouldn't be playing guitar.

Fred was... well, Fred scared me. He played great and looked like he fit right in, but in between songs he was just doing this dead eyed stare that was kind of creepy. Cool though, and I like him in the band.

Sutter did a good job, he played pretty much all the parts spot on, there were a few differences but they were always faithful to the original feel of the song. He looked like he belonged in the band too, none of the country style look in some of his other promo photos we've seen... he was sporting the look and tied right in with the rest of the band. The one thing I could say is he didn't have quite the same level of stage presence as Ginger did, so I felt there was something slightly lacking there, but they're big shoes to fill and he made a good job of it. No one is ever going to completely fill the same spot Ginger had in the band, but if anyone can make a damn good attempt at it, it must be this guy, so as a drummer I was happy with him and hope he sticks around for a while. Manson seemed to get on well with him too.

Keyboards coming from a backing track, well... It just seems weird, seeing a band for so long with a keyboardist, and then they're just gone of stage but you still hear the sounds. I don't know, just seems like something was a little off there, but just a matter of what you're used to I guess. The sounds have always been largely looped and sampled anyway so it doesn't make a huge difference to the actual playing of the music.

Setlist was as has been posted from previous shows, no changes.

The SMH article that says he was yelling at his crew obviously missed the joke, between songs they were playing samples of various older tracks (Dancing with the one legged... and other similar stuff), which Manson would always interrupt with a "Shut the fuck up!" before finally saying it was due to DJ Lethal (from Limp Bizkit) being on stage. I dug it.

He was together and in great form, but open for a bit of fun as well. He was messing with Fred a bit, pouring a vial of cocaine-like powder over his head in The Dope Show, and later spitting a mouthful of water right in to his face at close range. When Twiggy started playing the riff to 1996 Manson walked over and told him to stop, and the both played around fighting over the guitar for a bit. Manson was also encouraging some girls in the crowd to flash their boobs for the cameras feeding the big screens (though some of them really shouldn't have) which led to him replacing some song lyrics with a repeated "tits tits tits tits tits tits!", and had him wearing one of their bras thrown up on stage over his head. A few other lyrics were messed around with, the typical city mention in The Dope Show became "the drugs, they say, are not in Australia" after such a poor show of hands to his inquiring how many people in the crowd had narcotics. Sweet Dreams also featured "some of them want to abuse you, some of them want to... no reason." He also made a mention of something being "pretty reckless" which may or may not have been related to the announcement of that band as the support for the American leg of the tour (who were also playing Soundwave today).

That's all I've got in my head right now, it's been a long day and I'm frazzled. Any questions about the show feel free to ask... I have a few videos but they're gonna take a while to upload so if they're not here tonight, gimme a few hours to sleep and they'll be up first thing in the morning.

Videos.

The Love Song

Rock Is Dead

Quote Originally Posted by MixMastahTee View Post
    Corey Taylor should have gone onstage and called them all a bunch of rude cunts.

EDIT: Though, I don't suppose that word carries that much weight down there.
    'Cunt' is Australian for 'friend'.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotJesus View Post
    HORRIBLE.

Just arrived back, and I have never been more disappointed with an artist I love before.

I do not for one second blame the Slipknot fans for their reaction. If Manson had performed a show that actually kept people entertained then there wouldn't have been a problem.

Anybody who thinks there was anything salvageable about today is fucking deluded. He couldn't even remember his own lyrics (not that it mattered, you couldn't hear individual words, just slurs.)

Fuck.
    I'm sorry, but were we seriously at the same show? I was entertained. Everyone around me was entertained. As for slurred words, I heard very few, certainly less than on previous tours. People need to learn to accept that time moves on and the band changes, it is not going to be like watching the Dead To The World tour any more. You don't have to like a new direction a band moves in but whatever your opinion, Manson still wiped the floor clean of everyone else I saw on the main stage today.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna