Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [005]: Mar 02 2012 - Soundwave Festival - Showgrounds - Melbourne, Australia

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

Lindsay taking videos of Manson

"We stopped past Marilyn Manson, who I respect as an artist and person, but to be honest I think he's a little bit beyond the age where wearing a leather T-shirt and garish make-up is necessary. I kind of felt like I was watching my dad scream out Beautiful People and Sweet Dreams... and unsurprisingly it felt a bit awkward."

Review: http://www.take40.com/news/29573/rev...39;d-the-crowd!
    Last edited by Benjamin; 03-03-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post

"We stopped past Marilyn Manson, who I respect as an artist and person, but to be honest I think he's a little bit beyond the age where wearing a leather T-shirt and garish make-up is necessary. I kind of felt like I was watching my dad scream out Beautiful People and Sweet Dreams... and unsurprisingly it felt a bit awkward."

Review: http://www.take40.com/news/29573/rev...39;d-the-crowd!
    God now pathetic comments about proper age for doing something are also considered valid to make a review. When will there morons understand that they have an artist in front of them? Thats his fucking life, not something Manson does once in a while, like cycling or joging. Is there a proper age to fuck and caress your nipples too? Give me a break lol

Now the important, is just me or Twiggy Ramirez as come up with a beautiful outfit and make up? Love it! Also, Mansons clothes seem like a opened body, with the ribs, cool mmm and first setlist changes going on, interesting... although I would replace PJ for IHA

Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Celiny-O View Post
    After seeing more than one show on this tour, I can officially say I'm not a fan of Jason Sutter's stage presence. I'm not doubting his talent. He's a good drummer, and I know it's been said, but he really doesn't live up to Ginger.
    Yeah, this is how I feel. He's doing a good job playing wise, but just doesn't have that 'OOMPH!' on stage. He's new though, so I'm giving him an extended chance, he may warm up in to it over time. See how he's going by the end of the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleOfSodom View Post
    God now pathetic comments about proper age for doing something are also considered valid to make a review. When will there morons understand that they have an artist in front of them? Thats his fucking life, not something Manson does once in a while, like cycling or joging. Is there a proper age to fuck and caress your nipples too? Give me a break lol
    I know. I heard someone say that he needed to take a break, and then come back fresh in a few years. I thought 'take a break? From what? Living?"
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    Oh, and did Twiggy have that mask he's been wearing in Brisbane? If Sydney was it's first appearance, what's the bet he got it from Mister Stinky's costume shop he was photographed outside of?
    Basetendencies.com just put up info of where the mask came from - "It is indeed a mold of his face, casted by Laney Chantal and then painted by Kizuku Kitano, both artists at Magee FX."

http://www.basetendencies.com/News.html

what is the name of this song?

the doors - texas radio

thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    Basetendencies.com just put up info of where the mask came from - "It is indeed a mold of his face, casted by Laney Chantal and then painted by Kizuku Kitano, both artists at Magee FX."

http://www.basetendencies.com/News.html
    Thanks, I was wondering wtf it was supposed to be and thought it looked a HELL of a lot like his real face, lol. She's done some really cool work and this is obviously no exception! Neat idea well executed. Maybe she can make one for Fred and Jason and they can ALL wear them for "Antichrist Superstar" instead of the good ol' chromed helmets from back in the day.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Unterweger View Post
    the doors - texas radio
    Yet another awesome "deep cut" used as an intro track for the band!

Awesome choice, especially considering how much they're playing up the 15th anniversary of the Dead to the World Tour AND the fact that they're a four-piece now.

Now if only one of them were actually a keyboardist...haha.

Anyway, it's a nice touch.

I just LOVE their taste in music!

Quick details -- I'll get in-depth later tomorrow maybe.
    Twiggy had the mask for the opening few songs, took it off around The Love Song.
    Manson was fairly drunk and abusive to his stage hands and rather bad vocally, especially a far cry from the professionalism of Sydney's solo show (which I also went to and met Celine and Dysmorphia there). I think he's trolling all the festival appearances whilst putting in proper effort for the solo shows (no point trying to win over the casual festival crowd, hence why he always thanks the sideshow crowds)
    IHA was unplanned. MM started mumbling "We hate love, we love hate". As soon as he did the first opening "fuck it" the rest of the band had no idea what was going on since they expected to play 1996. Awkward. Jason looked absolutely confused. 10 seconds later, he started the 1-2-3-4 count-in / backing keys tape. By the end most of the rest of the band seemed kinda pissed off (esp. Twiggy and Jason).