Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [009]: Mar 09 2012 - Studio Coast - Tokyo Shin-Kiba, Japan

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

His first show was amazing, I don't know what happened to him. It just fell off. Well, I liked ACSS+SD+Love Song+Little Horn. Apart from that, I was meh a good part of the show. ( Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    His first show was amazing, I don't know what happened to him. It just fell off. Well, I liked ACSS+SD+Love Song+Little Horn. Apart from that, I was meh a good part of the show. ( Damn.
    The time difference throws me off. The second show in Tokyo has already taken place?

Quote Originally Posted by Josť Leonardo View Post
    Full-Length show here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Check it
    Thanks SO MUCH, guys...for the first (almost) complete bootleg of a show from this tour AND for sharing!

<3

SETLIST:

The Doors Intro
    Antichrist Superstar
    Disposable Teens
    The Love Song
    Little Horn
    The Dope Show
    Rock is Dead
    Tourniquet
    Personal Jesus
    mOBSCENE
    Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
    Irresponsible Hate Anthem
    1996/The Beautiful People

Okay, FIRST OF ALL, for those of you who missed it...MARILYN MANSON MADE A PULP FICTION REFERENCE!

FUUUUUCK, YESSSSSS.

When the guy in the crowd accurately predicted which song was next:

As someone who's been quoting that scene since PoaAF came out, I vastly appreciated the reference! I swear, I'm just sitting at a desk at home but even under THOSE circumstances I almost stood the fuck up and cheered! So awesome.

Also, I'm not really usually a fan of distant/static bootlegs, but this one really goes a long way towards showing just how awesome their light show has become over the course of just a few shows. The MM formed by the lights and flanked by the MM banners is truly fantastic. It's been done before, but the corresponding banners to the left and the right really drive home the point. I just wish they'd LIGHT THE GODDAMNED DISCO BALL whenever the venue already has one anyway! Bah.

A couple other quick observations:

HOLY SHIT, TWIGGY'S WAH-WAH PEDAL ON "ANTICHRIST SUPERSTAR" IS TO DIE FOR. O_O

Was Manson wearing a red/pink jockstrap/suspenders at the start of the show or was a red light just hitting him strangely? o_O

LOL @ Manson's game before "The Dope Show"...haha, AWESOME.

Same goes for Twiggy's noodling and pick-scraping during "The Dope Show" and "Rock is Dead," they both just sound GREAT. Same goes for the crowd spontaneously chanting at the beginning of "Rock is Dead." FUCK, YEAH.

And did I hear Manson say "god is in the B.V."...? Kinda sounded like it!

FUCKING LOVE the added chants during the breakdown 3/4ths of the way through "Personal Jesus"...nice fucking touch!

Sooooo...who's dating Mischa Barton? Sablan or Sutter? o_O

And again:

CHECK OUT THE BIG BRAIN ON BRAD!

Ahahah...GODFUCKINGDAMNIT I love so fucking much that he actually said that, lol.

:D

^best show review ever.

Is the "fuck you" thing between Manson and Twiggy and inside joke between them relating to Tokyo? Its hilarious! I noticed they do that on the last show in Tokyo from the 2009 tour as well!

EDIT: At least now we know its confirmed why they stopped playing the spoken-word version of 1996, due to crowds being like :S when hearing it. Hopefully they play it in North America...I really wanna hear that version live!!

=)
    Last edited by Tigger; 03-09-2012 at 11:16 PM.

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

I'm so downloading the entire set, THANKS!!!!!

this video seems to have been taken down. Can anyone find another source?

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by AssetReign View Post
    The time difference throws me off. The second show in Tokyo has already taken place?
    No, haha. I was talking about his very first show, on Brisbane. It was the best of the tour to me.

That's pretty much it. gabrieltoxic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I'm not complaining really, more like hoping or anticipating, whichever. Anyway, since he said they were on an ACSS kick and this tour was gonna have a lot of stuff from that album - I really hope they play something they haven't played in a while from that album and era. As cool as it is to see songs like 1996, Little Horn, now Tourniquet, and especially Irresponsible Hate Anthem...none of these songs are really that rare. Most of them they have been playing the last couple tours. So, it really doesn't seem like its all that different in terms at least of having more songs from that album. Really, I am just saying I really wanna hear them play Angel With The Scabbed Wings, Apple Of Sodom, or something else like that...I would say something like Man That You Fear but with 'No Reflection' and the rest of the songs played thus far, it seems more fast hard songs are being played than slow ones. But hey, that would be an awesome change of pace!

:P
    Mister Superstar would be a nice addition.
    I liked the show, I still find it amazing that they play and within a day we all get to see bits and pieces (or even a whole show). I'm old, the internet still amazes me :P

The band sounds pretty good, very tight. It can only get better as the tour moves on.
    I love that Twiggy plays the parts differently than the original recordings, but Tourniquet is lacking a bit for me on some parts (and there's a note on the chorus that he's deliberately changing, I think). It's a very easy song to play on guitar, and I feel the chorus sounds better playing octaves (Zim Zum played it like that, and John as well.)

Loving Little Horn. A Lot.