Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [009]: Mar 09 2012 - Studio Coast - Tokyo Shin-Kiba, Japan

Quote Originally Posted by pad18 View Post
    texas radio and the big beat
    Thank you.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

What the fuck is with the wah wah pedal for Love Song? ;(

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TheTeletubbieFlasher View Post
    What the fuck is with the wah wah pedal for Love Song? ;(
    What the fuck is with Twiggy's distortion on Rock Is Dead, Sweet Dreams and Disposable Teens?

The show is like a mix of comedy and songs! The comedy is ..................... ( I don't know what I think of it) its kinda frustrating.........

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

I dig Twiggy being loose with the interpretation. I've heard the album version a thousand times, the changes live are a breath of fresh air.

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    I dig Twiggy being loose with the interpretation. I've heard the album version a thousand times, the changes live are a breath of fresh air.
    I actually said "oh my god is there less distortion on Sweet Dreams? Whoa! Sweet!" well I thought that in my head

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Yes, its not not even a problem to me, I mean we already have the albuns to hear it cleanly, playing it live should be a moment for a certain freedom. And its rock and roll, its not meant to be clean and perfect and always the same. As long as it doenst kill the song, im fine with it and even find it a bit refreshing.

Yeah, we've already had the album versions and several tours with John 5, so I'm very glad to hear Twiggy gettin' loose and noodling around a bit. Refreshing!

Sure beats watching him just standing there concentrating and barely holding down the guitar duties, lol.

And I actually distinctly remember the first time I heard him start messing around during "The Dope Show" on the tour for THEoL. At first I was all WTF?, but then it was immediately followed-up with the head-slapping realization that, "Oh, yeah, Twiggy fucking wrote this song, he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it!"

Fuck, yeah, Twiggy!

:D
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 03-11-2012 at 03:22 PM.

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

^ Nailed it. I'd be crazy enough to want a playlist filled with 'alternate tweaks' to the more studio faithful renditions of songs we already heard tons of times. I always appreciate new samples and modified guitar settings or extra licks here and there.
    Last edited by Dronepool; 03-11-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

I agree, that's one reason why I like a live show, with any band, anything can happen it's all open to change. Sure some people don't like it if something isn't played right, but like some of us posting in this thread I enjoy these changes.