Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [044]: Jun 15 2012 - Metaltown Festival - Göteborg, Sweden

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

I saw a really shitty review which said Manson was unfocused and kept loosing his voice. That is bullshit. I heard people talking about it being the best Manson consert thay ever saw. My father also got that impression. Manson was sober and into every song. Youtube is NOTHING compared to being there. It's obvious. Still, it surprise me every time exactly how much that is true. If anything the lack of murderers and slo-mo-tion was the only problem.

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by me_andre View Post

Spot the planker.

It seems that Manson took up the planking hobby these days.

Planking Manson cracks me up. That's a great photo, by the way, me_andre.

I'm not sure what the hell happened between one leg of this tour and the next, but he sounds great, looks great, and the energy level has skyrocketed, even at festivals, which in the past haven't been something he seemed keen on.

It was a really great show!! I met Fred and Jason before the show. They where really nice, We took pictures and i got a pick from Jason. Manson was sober and sounded really good. The band was also on fire. Manson's soundcheck was so loud it fucked up Lamb of God's show , They where playing on the stage beside. You didn't really hear LoG playing. I talked to some guys that really was pissed after the show of because of that Manson threw ''cocaine'' to the crowd, Ripped the bible, played guitar during Pistol Wipped, talked about how he had missed sweden. They only had 60 minutes to play but Manson didn't give a fuck and played for 75 minutes. The only bad thing was the lack of Murderers and Slo-Mo-Tion, Otherwise the best show i've ever seen!

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

Disposable Teens

No Reflection

mOBSCENE

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

Antichrist Superstar

The Beautiful People

Default Marilyn Manson (Metaltown 2012) June 15th

Did anyone else attended the Metaltown Music Festival which took place on the dates of June 15th/16th in Göteborg, Sweden?

The set list was as follows:

Hey, Cruel World...
    Disposable Teens
    The Love Song
    No Reflection
    mOBSCENE
    The Dope Show
    Rock Is Dead
    Personal Jesus
    Pistol Whipped
    Tourniquet
    Irresponsible Hate Anthem
    Sweet Dreams
    Antichrist Superstar
    The Beautiful People

He put on an amazing performance which made up for his 2009 appearance at Metaltown in which he was Absinthe drunk out of his fucking skull. Admittedly I was nervous to see him perform on the 15th because I had been there for 12 hours listening to other bands such as 'DevilDriver', 'Trivium', 'Within Temptation', 'Lamb of God', among others etc...and they performed their asses off.

So he really had some pressure on him to perform well and put on at least a decent show. He did not disappoint. Manson actually seemed like he wanted to be there, the energy was good and he was gracious to the crowd.

To me the best part of the show was when he performed Antichrist Superstar:

I think I unintentionally gave myself hiatal hernia from screaming along to this one so loudly. And as you can see from the photo's I was standing relatively close which made the experience that much better.

-oSt
    Last edited by Ulysses Black; 06-21-2012 at 05:22 AM. Reason: date error