Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: [001]: Feb 24 2012 - Sidewave - Eaton Hill Hotel - Brisbane, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Manson canceled all photographers for the show: https://twitter.com/#!/moshpitson/status/172896527952527361
    Quote Originally Posted by thousand_kisses View Post
    le crap. wtf did he do that for?
    Well, it's the first show! Not to mention all the spoiler-pix that leaked the other day...

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Quick View Post
    Antichrist Superstar
    Disposable Teens
    The Love Song
    Little Horn
    The Dope Show
    Rock Is Dead
    Personal Jesus
    (Depeche Mode cover)
    mOBSCENE
    Sweet Dreams
    1996 (spoken verses)
    Encore:
    The Beautiful People

Not sure if it's legit: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/marily...a-3defddf.html
    Such an awesome set! Really excited about that semi-spoken word version of 1996, too! It was on the setlist for TWO shows I saw back in '97 but they never played it and it's been KILLING me for FIFTEEN YEARS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Principiante View Post
    Nonetheless, before the release of Eat Me, Drink Me official CD, he was incorporating songs of the new release on his shows, so that's why I think he can still do the same thing this time
    Well, sure...but that was DAYS before Eat Me, Drink Me was released, whereas Born Villain is still MONTHS away!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleOfSodom View Post
    If this is legit, then 1996 is a fantastic add and AS a great opener, but I was expecting at least a new song from the album they're going to promote? Don't understand why the hell he keeps including Personal Jesus live too. Why doesnt he play other songs from MA and songs from POAAF? Even considering this is a festival concert, Manson should vary the set from tour to tour. I thought he wanted to surprise people. I mean, the band has such a great and diversified catalogue that its a waste to play the same songs. No wonder he gets bored sometimes. The set is hard and good to celebrate ACSS, but we hardly see changes nowadays considering the rest.
    Of course - in a 10-15songs setliest a lot of things wil not make it to the setlist, that is no surprise....
    We (you) would probably be complaining of the same thing if the setlist selection was another one, with more focus on one rather than another album ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Well, it's the first show! Not to mention all the spoiler-pix that leaked the other day...
    It is a lost battle, with all twitter, youtube, facebook, whateves - in a way, it would only be kept secret if cellphones were banned from the show, and recording of any video/audio would become strictly forbiden :/

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Well, sure...but that was DAYS before Eat Me, Drink Me was released, whereas Born Villain is still MONTHS away!
    Again, I understand what you are saying - but that didn't stopped Manson to play the album at Nick's exhibition a few months ago...

Of course - in a 10-15songs setliest a lot of things wil not make it to the setlist, that is no surprise....
    We (you) would probably be complaining of the same thing if the setlist selection was another one, with more focus on one rather than another album ...
    A 55 minute concert for an headliner? Give me a break... I'm not complaining about a specific album as i enjoy them all in very different ways, I'm pointing out that the Songs chosen tend to be always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Quick View Post
    exactly my point - ban journalist will not matter as there are plenty of screens and cameras around

exactly my point - ban journalist will not matter as there are plenty of screens and cameras around
    As a former journalist himself, Manson should know that banning them is ridiculous and does matter. It's pointless and not understandable for someone who's not at the peek of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleOfSodom View Post
    A 55 minute concert for an headliner? Give me a break... I'm not complaining about a specific album as i enjoy them all in very different ways, I'm pointing out that the Songs chosen tend to be always the same.
    In one way, or another, he played them all already - you would complain nonetheless of his selection, if he chose others instead of these ones (and of course, if he selected them from his "most played songs" catallogue)...

And are you really expecting him to start playing "My Monkey" , "cryptorchid", "para-noir" or "disassociative"??? I know he can pull one of them out of expectations once and a while, but c'mon, you already had 1996 in this show (if the setlist is authentic).

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Other factors play into how long a band has. This was the first show, and it takes a bit to work out the set to get it running like a well oiled machine. For that set, in that kind of venue - sounds killer to me! Can't wait to see this beast evolve! And yes, no keyboard player