Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: [004]: Feb 29 2012 - Sidewave - Enmore Theatre - Sydney, Australia

Yeah indeed the Rape of the World Tour had a great Performance over here,EMDM isnot by far my Favorite CD but then that tour at least the event over here in holland was a BigShow

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Sixx. View Post
    Actually, I'm inclined to disagree. I found the performances and everything of the Rape of the World Tour to be top line.
    Hmmm. I feel like AAG~EMDM tours had good normal singing-voice, but weak screams by Manson, I don't know why, I just didn't like it. THEOL ones were powerful, but normal voice was terrible. Now it seems to be in a mid-term. At least to me, it sounds better in this tour. BUT, I miss the theatrics of EMDM, AAG and Grotesk Burlesk i.e.. And I think they'll come back soon, so I'm waiting for it.

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

the best in terms of screams and normal voice were GGG tour and AAG tour.Now seems much better than 2009.

I hear what people are saying on both sides of this issue and I think everyone has a fair point. I was lucky enough to see Manson four times: in 2000 for Guns God and Government, 2003 for Grotesk Burlesk, 2004 for Against All Gods, and 2008 for Rape of the World, and it was a mixed bag of shows. I enjoyed all of them, don't get me wrong, and had a blast and everything. But things definitely changed after a certain point. The first two shows I saw, the band was tight and Manson still had a lot of the frightening intensity of the "Antichrist Superstar" and "Mechanical Animals" days. Even though the Grotesk Burlesk show I saw was not a high point for MM, on a technical level everything was great. When I saw them just a year later in 2004, things were notably different. Manson was visibly drunk and falling around on the stage, he screwed up the lyrics a bunch of times, and he seemed to be struggling with his vocals a lot more than usual. (And I am taking into account that he's never had perfect or pristine vocals in a live setting, nor does he need them. He's a punk rock singer, after all, not Celine Dion). The band itself was also sloppier than normal. I actually enjoyed seeing him not trying as hard to be larger than life and superhuman. I thought it was cool, but it was definitely diminished on a technical level. In 2008, things were tighter with Twiggy back in the band, but Manson still seemed to be struggling a bit, though his delivery was better.

Obviously I wasn't in attendance for any of these Australian shows, and it's difficult to judge a performance based on footage shot from people's cell phones. I wouldn't call anything I've seen so far mindblowing, but again I wasn't there and it's quite different when you're actually at a concert. I can see how someone could be disappointed with Manson's vocal delivery, since he does seem a little out of breath and also has been coming in too early on some songs, and it is fairly certain that he's drunk and behaving belligerently to some of the tech people. (Worth noting he has always had trouble being out of breath onstage, though, and he abused stagehands much much worse in the late 90s than he does now). Maybe he's still getting into the groove of things, considering these are warm up shows. Or maybe he's igniting another live performance downward spiral where he'll seem physically ill on stage, like on some of the High End of Low tour.

I would like him to be doing awesome, because he's one of my favorites and I don't want to see him drink and snort himself to death. But he can't recreate 1997, and I'm willing to accept that things are just different now. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and when I see him on the new tour, I hope he has a newfound fire. But even if he's just smashed, I'm sure it will still be a good time. And those reviews from the Australian music press did seem pretty mean-spirited. Even if you thought Manson was shit onstage there were a lot of ways to be more constructive than that.

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

Awesome reading Gloominatus.

Also, in this video above, Twiggy was mad at him and walked off-stage, and Manson had to go there to ask him to come back or am I going crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Gloominatus View Post
    I hear what people are saying on both sides of this issue and I think everyone has a fair point. I was lucky enough to see Manson four times: in 2000 for Guns God and Government, 2003 for Grotesk Burlesk, 2004 for Against All Gods, and 2008 for Rape of the World, and it was a mixed bag of shows. I enjoyed all of them, don't get me wrong, and had a blast and everything. But things definitely changed after a certain point. The first two shows I saw, the band was tight and Manson still had a lot of the frightening intensity of the "Antichrist Superstar" and "Mechanical Animals" days. Even though the Grotesk Burlesk show I saw was not a high point for MM, on a technical level everything was great. When I saw them just a year later in 2004, things were notably different. Manson was visibly drunk and falling around on the stage, he screwed up the lyrics a bunch of times, and he seemed to be struggling with his vocals a lot more than usual. (And I am taking into account that he's never had perfect or pristine vocals in a live setting, nor does he need them. He's a punk rock singer, after all, not Celine Dion). The band itself was also sloppier than normal. I actually enjoyed seeing him not trying as hard to be larger than life and superhuman. I thought it was cool, but it was definitely diminished on a technical level. In 2008, things were tighter with Twiggy back in the band, but Manson still seemed to be struggling a bit, though his delivery was better.

Obviously I wasn't in attendance for any of these Australian shows, and it's difficult to judge a performance based on footage shot from people's cell phones. I wouldn't call anything I've seen so far mindblowing, but again I wasn't there and it's quite different when you're actually at a concert. I can see how someone could be disappointed with Manson's vocal delivery, since he does seem a little out of breath and also has been coming in too early on some songs, and it is fairly certain that he's drunk and behaving belligerently to some of the tech people. (Worth noting he has always had trouble being out of breath onstage, though, and he abused stagehands much much worse in the late 90s than he does now). Maybe he's still getting into the groove of things, considering these are warm up shows. Or maybe he's igniting another live performance downward spiral where he'll seem physically ill on stage, like on some of the High End of Low tour.

I would like him to be doing awesome, because he's one of my favorites and I don't want to see him drink and snort himself to death. But he can't recreate 1997, and I'm willing to accept that things are just different now. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and when I see him on the new tour, I hope he has a newfound fire. But even if he's just smashed, I'm sure it will still be a good time. And those reviews from the Australian music press did seem pretty mean-spirited. Even if you thought Manson was shit onstage there were a lot of ways to be more constructive than that.
    this,well enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Awesome reading Gloominatus.

Also, in this video above, Twiggy was mad at him and walked off-stage, and Manson had to go there to ask him to come back or am I going crazy?
    I am afraid to say that you have gone too far! it's not the first time for twiggy to be mad at Manson or if he wasn't mad so it is just a stage prop.we need the opinion of someone who attended the show here.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    Ha, that was me. I'm waiting for a video to surface on Youtube hopefully as I can't remember exact details on everything that was said. When he started repeating "No reason" in the spoken word bit and then stopped suddenly I yelled out "No reason!" and he looked down at me. He was asking if I liked 'no reason', or if I didn't like his music, and if I wanted to finish his show for him and I put my fists up in a fighting pose, because I thought obviously the best thing to do was antagonize Marilyn Manson. He said "oh, you want to fight me?" and I put my hands up in surrender. After they played the next chorus he came over and asked if it made me feel tougher, or gayer, and that I shouldn't discriminate because it made him feel a little of both. He wasn't having a go, he was just joking around. I think he's really having fun doing that song live like that again.
    That's great, I hope a video pops up of this.

Thanks for the write up, sounds like it was a good show.

Epic headbang is at 00:58