Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: [004]: Feb 29 2012 - Sidewave - Enmore Theatre - Sydney, Australia

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post

He had a new hat-type thing that had lasers around it similar to the ones on his fingers that he used previously during Cruci-Fiction In Space, so the lasers shot out in about 4 or 5 different directions from his head. Hopefully some photos or video will turn up soon, kinda hard to describe. He's got a steam gun that's like a high pressure smoke machine that he blasts people with as well during TBP. Digging it.
    Here's the video of Antichrist Superstar using the new lasers. It's not the best video, but it's looking good.

Also, here's a really good review from the show. Totally different to that shit review.

http://www.themusicnetwork.com/revie...arilyn-manson/

I agree with most everyone else who is viewing these shows by YouTube videos. I haven't really seen any "bad" performances in the videos from the shows I've seen. However, I didn't attend those shows in person being in the USA, but I actually think that from the videos Manson is using less taped vocals behind his own live vocals. I've seen some videos of some older 2000- shows where more vocal parts are clearly on tape. I understand that most bands use tape to an extent live, but personally when I attend concerts I'd rather hear as much "live" performance parts as I can. That's just me though, I happen to like some screw-ups or flaws in each performance that make it unique. Again, it seems most of the harsh reviews are coming from the media, and lets be honest most media critiques of Manson have been critical at best over his entire career. So, that's what I take from it. Also, this band has been playing live together for about two weeks on stage for a crowd, so it should just get better.

Fuck, yeah. Big ups to everyone who's posted pix and videos and links and reviews and stuff in here!

I think this actually looks like one of the best shows yet. Every single thing I'VE seen from it so far looks and sounds awesome!

Especially THIS:

Ha, that was me. I'm waiting for a video to surface on Youtube hopefully as I can't remember exact details on everything that was said. When he started repeating "No reason" in the spoken word bit and then stopped suddenly I yelled out "No reason!" and he looked down at me. He was asking if I liked 'no reason', or if I didn't like his music, and if I wanted to finish his show for him and I put my fists up in a fighting pose, because I thought obviously the best thing to do was antagonize Marilyn Manson. He said "oh, you want to fight me?" and I put my hands up in surrender. After they played the next chorus he came over and asked if it made me feel tougher, or gayer, and that I shouldn't discriminate because it made him feel a little of both. He wasn't having a go, he was just joking around. I think he's really having fun doing that song live like that again.
    That is just fucking FANTASTIC.

:D

And it pretty much matches my last big encounter with him except it was after a show and he started boxing with me, lol. So I think he likes it! But I didn't know wtf to do beyond just shadowboxing either, haha. I wouldn't punch Manson! Well, maybe playfully someday...but definitely NOT while surrounded by his security!

Anyway, right after the boxing he went straight to the gay talk with me too, lol.

LOVE IT.

Glad you had such a kickass time! And I hope some video pops eventually, too...it sounds pretty epic.

Good to see some Provider Module friends again and for the first time, we had me, Dysmorphia, Celiny-O, Mary and Marshall all in a line along the barrier. If anyone remembers Daydream Milk from the 'phant, he was there too so was cool to meet him... not sure if he ever came over here after the 'phant went down? I don't think Mary comes round here much anymore either, so I hope she won't mind me reposting this photo she took. Provider Module represent!

So cool you guys all had such a badass Provider Module line-up rocking out on the frontlines!!!

You all look very dapper and classy, perfectly suited to such a lovely theater environment with such exquisite decor and carpeting.

:)
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 03-02-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbait View Post
    Coal Chamber upstaged Marilyn Manson.
    Coal Chamber... was that the band with the immature brat of a drummer who would intentionally knock over parts of his kit 2 or 3 times EVERY SONG, often knocking mics and other gear out of place in the process, causing roadies to have to constantly scurry on and set things up again, which he would use as an opportunity to hit them with his drum sticks?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I really want to hear videos of Manson slurring, mumbling, and forgetting all the lyrics. I keep hearing of people talking about it but every time I see a video from these shows, the slurring, mumbling, forgetting all the lyrics are not on there.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    That's great, I hope a video pops up of this.

Thanks for the write up, sounds like it was a good show.
    So far there's a video that cuts out just before it starts, and another that starts just after the whole thing finished. Apparently everyone else in the audience with a camera was not amused.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Fuck, yeah. Big ups to everyone who's posted pix and videos and links and reviews and stuff in here!

I think this actually looks like one of the best shows yet. Every single thing I'VE seen from it so far looks and sounds awesome!

Especially THIS:

And it pretty much matches my last big encounter with him except it was after a show and he started boxing with me, lol. So I think he likes it! But I didn't know wtf to do beyond just shadowboxing either, haha. I wouldn't punch Manson! Well, maybe playfully someday...but definitely NOT while surrounded by his security!

Anyway, right after the boxing he went straight to the gay talk we me too, lol.

LOVE IT.

Glad you had such a kickass time! And I hope some video pops eventually, too...it sounds pretty epic.

So cool you guys all had such a badass Provider Module line-up rocking out on the frontlines!!!

You all look very dapper and classy, perfectly suited to such a lovely theater environment with such exquisite decor and carpeting.

Well, what's more gay than a sport that centres around two men wearing nothing but silky shorts? It was great though.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Ahh, both of those videos look so great.

Is it May yet?!

Well, what's more gay than a sport that centres around two men wearing nothing but silky shorts? It was great though.
    Fighting over a purse no less!

And, yeah, I actually really, really wished Manson released some high-end merchandise like the MARILYN and MANSON boxing gloves along with the MM/spiral-heart silk boxing robe that he had made for himself for "The Fight Song" back in the day. I'd love to own those, lol.

Hmm. Come to think of it, football might be even MORE gay than boxing, btw.

I didn't look through all the pictures so sorry if these have been posted. Judging by the make up I assume they are from this show. Anyway, picture of MM stealing the lens off someone's camera....

LOL!

=)

Born Villain will be The Testament to whether or NOT the Fire is tHERE. Age is something that scares people. Enough to make One loose faith in THEMselves or anything that Might potentially ADD to there Commercial existence. He's a Fool to some. A Hero to Others.
    This is Art.

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post

Especially THIS:

Anyway, right after the boxing he went straight to the gay talk we me too, lol.

LOVE IT.

The boxing comment is hilarious. I think it's funny how so many of the recent reviews tend to miss Manson's sense of humor.

It's cool seeing the picture of all you beautiful people attending the show. The girl all the way on the left side of the picture is making me very happy, and I can only see half of her.

So far this forum has been a really cool place to visit.