Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: [004]: Feb 29 2012 - Sidewave - Enmore Theatre - Sydney, Australia

Vodka. Grey Goose. Cold. petticoat's Avatar

http://marilynmansonfrance.free.fr/p...lbum=350&pos=9

I love this pic. Houston in May (unless they add New Orleans) will be my first ever time to see MM live and I feel a lot like what I think people who go to see the pope or the holy land feel. I want to be right up front so I can touch his hand. Sweat or spit are also options. Think what you want, I don't care. I'm not going to take pictures, I'm not going to tweet, I'm going for dna baby. Dee to the IN to the Aye. *pre-swoon*

I just hope I can get to the front and once there, don't get crushed. I'm also in the first year of my early forties and could be cranky if someone tries to crawl over my shoulders.
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. --William Blake

larger quality now up here: https://www.facebook.com/kingofcrob

Last edited by Benjamin; 02-29-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Those are some really fucking awesome photographs right there. Check out this one of MM and Fred.

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

He ALWAYS do that in SD. People are singing one part, then he interrupts with another. Haha.

Also, TERRIBLE that Manson began like 3 hours early on TBP. Goddamnit.
    But that aside, awesome!
    Last edited by Scorpion; 02-29-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Catholic Girls with UZIs johncraze's Avatar

^ @2:44 That SCREAM got to my spine.

I'm sure this tour is going to blow the two previous ones off the water.

IT WAS AWESOME!!! Manson and the band were excellent, clearly enjoying themselves as much as we were. Manson was in top form, energetic and interacting a lot with the crowd (some more than others, lol). It was easily one of the best shows I have ever seen and I caught one of Twiggy's picks. :3
    The setlist was the same as Soudwave.
    There was a pretty brunette watching at the side of the stage, not sure who she was...

Quote Originally Posted by plastique303 View Post
    I loved the gig, The Enmore does seem a great place to go. MM and the band were on top form. MM seemed to be having a go at someone during the spoken word bit, I thought it was interesting he wanted to know what music the person listened to as he doens't like his own music.
    That was The Empirical Guy, I'll let him recount the story, it was fucking hilarious.

See, it's looking to me like these are some pretty awesome performances!!

I just don't understand what happened at Soundwave...

EDIT: Well, yes I do. I just wish it hadn't.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by plastique303 View Post
    I loved the gig, The Enmore does seem a great place to go. MM and the band were on top form. MM seemed to be having a go at someone during the spoken word bit, I thought it was interesting he wanted to know what music the person listened to as he doens't like his own music.
    Personally, I could've done without the three support acts as none of them did anything for me. When the Motionless In White singer said everyone would know the cover song he was wrong, I didn't Then again I'm not into a lot of this type of music, I was there for MM It's a shame I won't be in Sydney for Aphex Twin tomorrow as he'll be amazing too!
    The pics posted so far are great.
    Ha, that was me. I'm waiting for a video to surface on Youtube hopefully as I can't remember exact details on everything that was said. When he started repeating "No reason" in the spoken word bit and then stopped suddenly I yelled out "No reason!" and he looked down at me. He was asking if I liked 'no reason', or if I didn't like his music, and if I wanted to finish his show for him and I put my fists up in a fighting pose, because I thought obviously the best thing to do was antagonize Marilyn Manson. He said "oh, you want to fight me?" and I put my hands up in surrender. After they played the next chorus he came over and asked if it made me feel tougher, or gayer, and that I shouldn't discriminate because it made him feel a little of both. He wasn't having a go, he was just joking around. I think he's really having fun doing that song live like that again.

The show was fucking excellent though, Manson was ON.FORM with a capital fucking full stop. Sure, he made some mistakes and came in early in both The Beautiful People and The Love Song (which completely threw Twiggy for the rest of the song... poor guy looked so confused), but all in all it was a great show. He was being fucking vicious but having fun at the same time.

He had a new hat-type thing that had lasers around it similar to the ones on his fingers that he used previously during Cruci-Fiction In Space, so the lasers shot out in about 4 or 5 different directions from his head. Hopefully some photos or video will turn up soon, kinda hard to describe. He's got a steam gun that's like a high pressure smoke machine that he blasts people with as well during TBP. Digging it.

There was this really pretty girl with an enjoyable amount of cleavage on display that was front and centre that obviously caught his eye, he kept going and grabbing her forearm and trying to forcibly drag her up on to the stage, but she either didn't get what he was trying to do or seemed hesitant to go.

Rest of the band was great as well, fuck anyone who says Twiggy shouldn't be on guitar. He smashed it. He has a new spin on things that I like.

One thing though that has bothered me, while a lot of the keyboard parts and drum loops have been moved to a backing track, it seems that none of the parts for Disposable Teens have been done. Most notably the second drum part that Pogo/ Vrenna used to play is missing, it makes the song seems quite a bit more empty and highlights the lack of a keyboardist the most, I think, though on other songs once you get past the fact we're so used to seeing 5 people on stage, you don't notice it so much.

Fred and Sutter played great again, really fitting in, though Sutter was quite a bit back on the stage and what I mentioned from Soundwave about him not having as much presence as Ginger was reinforced to me, he did have the feel of someone new to the band or a hired session guy, though he looks the part and certainly makes a damn good attempt at it. If he sticks around and gets the feel of things a bit more I reckon he'll work out good. Not Ginger, but a bloody good alternative.

Good to see some Provider Module friends again and for the first time, we had me, Dysmorphia, Celiny-O, Mary and Marshall all in a line along the barrier. If anyone remembers Daydream Milk from the 'phant, he was there too so was cool to meet him... not sure if he ever came over here after the 'phant went down? I don't think Mary comes round here much anymore either, so I hope she won't mind me reposting this photo she took. Provider Module represent!

My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Last edited by Benjamin; 03-01-2012 at 12:20 AM.