Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Slo-Mo-Tion'

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Default 'Slo-Mo-Tion'

I might be jumping the gun a little bit here, but I felt like sharing my thoughts on what Marilyn Manson had to say on the subject of Slo-Mo-Tion during That Metal Show.

Marilyn Manson said the following on the visual ideas for Slow-Mo-Tion
    I wanted to do like a casting call and blowing heads off with a shot gun, in slow motion.
    I don't know if anyone else was reminded of the Zapruder video, but I was. Because whenever I've seen that video it's either just showing Kennedy getting shot in slow motion, or they show it and then replay it in slow motion.
    For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q91RZko5Gw

It also reminded me of this scene in Born Villain, which isn't totally slowed down but it slow enough for you to see the head shot.

So this thread may turn out to be totally fucking dumb lol and the visuals or song may have no connection to that at all, but from what Manson was saying that's what it reminded me of.

I still seriously believe all of that was a joke...

At the very least the hyphenated title. Seriously; go back and look at his expressions when he talked about it.
    Last edited by ThreeEyedGod; 12-15-2011 at 11:22 PM.

yeah, i'm not sure how serious to take anything he said during that interview, really....

I don't mean to insult Manson, but nowadays I hardly take most things that he says seriously. He seems to use puns very regularly in conversation and he can be slightly ironic at times. In contrast with the past, he always seemed to be very serious whilst talking in interviews and there seemed to be a lot more integrity in what he used to say (in my opinion). Also, he seems to be very humorous these days which is not how he used to be a few years back.

Although, I still think he is a talented artist and my perspective on that has not changed.
    Last edited by adamchabbi6; 12-15-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Slo-Mo-Shun
    Shunnnn the non-believer :P

Quote Originally Posted by adamchabbi6 View Post
    I don't mean to insult Manson, but nowadays I hardly take most things that he says seriously. He seems to use puns very regularly in conversation and he can be slightly ironic at times. In contrast with the past, he always seemed to be very serious whilst talking in interviews and there seemed to be a lot more integrity in what he used to say (in my opinion). Also, he seems to be very humorous these days which is not how he used to be a few years back.

Although, I still think he is a talented artist and my perspective on that has not changed.
    No, come on dude. Manson has always been pretty damn humorous dude from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedGod View Post
    No, come on dude. Manson has always been pretty damn humorous dude from the very beginning.
    He might have had some humour before. Although, he seems to be acting that way pretty often now. For example, his appearance on that metal show and whenever he is stopped in the street by paparazzi.

If you compare it with his interview in Argentina back in 1996, he hardly seemed to joke much and seemed very serious. The same thing when he was interviewed in Japan in 1996 and the Matt Pinfield interview with Twiggy, (despite the conversation about pulling down Manson's pants).
    Last edited by adamchabbi6; 12-16-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedGod View Post
    I still seriously believe all of that was a joke...
    Well it could be, I did say this thread could turn out to be dumb. But I couldn't help think of those things when he discussed his video idea/visuals he had before he wrote the song, whether it was a joke or not.

It's not the first time he's discussed having a visual idea and creating a song about it, I think this is on a similar level
    "The Golden Age of Grotesque was the last song we wrote", says Manson.
    "I woke up one day and I had had a dream about a piano on fire. I came down to the studio and said to the band I want to write a song that's a burning piano. I didn't really have to say much more than that; I let them follow my lead.
    http://www.providermodule.com/media/...03/metalhammer
    I seem to remember him mentioning in Golden Age interviews about creating a song idea based on a stampeding Elephant as well.

Original AIDS provider.

Manson's always been a pretty humorous guy, what makes it hard to tell the two apart some times is he will joke about the serious, and be very serious about his jokes.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

There's an art to blowing tomato paste out of someone's head properly.
    I use words sharp as a sword