Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What Television Are You Watching?

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

I watched the 3rd episode of Alcatraz, I liked it, but it's just not fucking getting into anything about why the prisoners vanished and are now coming back.
    The prisoners don't even seem bothered that they're now living in a world that is very different to what they left, better technology etc. If that was me I would fucking freak out!
    Then the people that know these people are coming back don't seem to be really looking into where the fuck they've been. If I was told someone who supposedly died just showed up looking like they haven't even aged a day, I think I would want some fucking answers.

So, Alcatraz, I like it, but I just want them to start getting into some of those areas and stop acting like everything is normal.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkhorse View Post
    I have been watching BBC's Sherlock.
    In addition to This Is England as discussed earlier, Sherlock is another apparently marvellous programme I'd not had the chance to see. My father gave me the first series as a Christmas gift and I loved it. Brilliant television, brilliant actors, and a great re-imagining of a classic literary character.
    Actually, my ex-girlfriend saw me recently and said I would enjoy Sherlock, and after seeing it, I jokingly asked why on earth she thought I'd be drawn to a brooding, acerbic, black-haired know-it-all like Cumberbatch's Holmes...

Yet another modern wonder I've only just taken the time to explore is Life On Mars. I know the premise, and precisely how it would appeal to someone obsessed with Doctor Who, time-travel, the 1970s, and with a soft-spot for Goodnight Sweetheart, so shoot me for only just having started watching it. Amazing television so far though, I am grateful to a friend for having lent me both series.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Life On Mars
    LOM is definitely one of the most enjoyable series I've watched. Gene Hunt has got to be one of the most memorable tv characters in recent years and I love Sam's bewilderment at how things were actually done in the 70's, or more to the point how they actually managed to solve any crimes. It's funny, it's sad. I particularly feel sadness for Sam a good many times especially when he's having one of his "moments". The show is well written and that soundtrack! The soundtrack cannot be topped.

If you have the urge to discuss any aspect of LOM, please feel free. :)

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Watched this weeks Alcatraz it was good, but again didn't really fucking get anywhere. I don't know if I will quit it or not.

A new tv show started last night in the US, The River now this looks like it might be good, but also looks like it might be a bit trashy but I'm going to watched the first two episodes and see what it's like.

NewYorkRipperQUACK MisanthroPope's Avatar
    Add MisanthroPope on Facebook

I've been watching Lost and nothing but Lost.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

LOST is amazing. I've watched it start to finish quite a few times now, so right now I'm on a break from it but I've been tempted to restart it again lol. I've watched a few new tv series since it ended and nothing has been as good as LOST.

I started watching The River that started the other night, so that might keep me occupied for a bit.

30 Rock and Dr. Who and Top Gear! My boyfriend and I are on the 3rd season of Dr. Who already....we both cried like bitches at the ends of seasons 1 and 2. Season 2 ESPECIALLY, I was fucking sobbing with snot running down my face and everything. I've never loved a show as much as I've loved Dr. Who.

(Hey S.D., can I be an honorary british person if I keep watching Dr. Who and Top Gear? :D)

It's only two episodes through, but Spartacus: Vengeance is already shaping up to be as good as the previous two series. I do miss Batiatus though.

NewYorkRipperQUACK MisanthroPope's Avatar
    Add MisanthroPope on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    LOST is amazing. I've watched it start to finish quite a few times now, so right now I'm on a break from it but I've been tempted to restart it again lol. I've watched a few new tv series since it ended and nothing has been as good as LOST.
    The show is so crazy. I've never watched anything like it. So many twists and turns. Every episode is like a season finale and a season premiere. Unfortunately, I finished the show. I would have rather had some of my family members die than have this show end. I'm a sad boy.

Watched a few episodes. I think I'm currently an episode or two behind.

The Walking Dead. What a dull fucking show. Bad acting, bad dialogue, and annoying, unlikeable characters. I like drama but none of it is done well and is pointless because I can't get invested in these awful characters. Why do I still watch? I'm a fucking loser?

MY SOCIAL NETWORK STALKER

It was on Channel 4 last week.

It concerned a girl who was subjected to a stalking campaign and it eventually transpired that the culprit was her boyfriend.

I should have had sympathy for her but she was so incredibly stupid and blinkered that I found myself having very little sympathy for her at all. Did any UK people see this?