Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546 LastLast

Thread: What Television Are You Watching?

Been re-watching Arrested Development while Iíve been stuck at home with a stomach virus. Forgot how much I loved this show.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar

The stupid royal family shit was bullshit, was on every single TV station last night.

Sharp Objects, my new favorite show since Mad Men and all of Twin Peaks.
    Last edited by blue angel; 08-01-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Watching a lot of Monty Python’s Flying Circus, haven’t watched it since I saw re-runs as a kid. Probably gonna dive into Black Adder again at some point and also give Faulty Towers a go eventually, I’ve heard good things about it.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    Watching a lot of Monty Python’s Flying Circus, haven’t watched it since I saw re-runs as a kid. Probably gonna dive into Black Adder again at some point and also give Faulty Towers a go eventually, I’ve heard good things about it.
    NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION.

The key is to never get out of the Black Adder pool in the first place, Darling. ;)
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

Hahaha true, I won’t leave it as long as it stays on Prime. ;)

Ha! I have digital and DVD copies to cover all emergencies.

Fawlty Towers is a bit more brutal than the other two, but this could be because I was once stuck on a bus between Belgium and France for 12 hours and the driver played the same video with the episodes on for the entire trip. I mean, I like it, but there is overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    Ha! I have digital and DVD copies to cover all emergencies.

Fawlty Towers is a bit more brutal than the other two, but this could be because I was once stuck on a bus between Belgium and France for 12 hours and the driver played the same video with the episodes on for the entire trip. I mean, I like it, but there is overkill.
    I definitely wanna buy Black Adder, best solution in case the streaming options ever go away.
    I’ll keep that in mind, I’ve mainly have wanted to watch it over the years because of Cleese. It might not click with me when I eventually watch it or I might like it. :)

Out of curiosity have you ever watched Fry & Laurie? That’s another show I’ve always wanted to try and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by FuckmanQ View Post
    I definitely wanna buy Black Adder, best solution in case the streaming options ever go away.
    I’ll keep that in mind, I’ve mainly have wanted to watch it over the years because of Cleese. It might not click with me when I eventually watch it or I might like it. :)

Out of curiosity have you ever watched Fry & Laurie? That’s another show I’ve always wanted to try and watch.
    I think we can safely assume that if it was made in Australia or Britain and pertains to comedy, then I have seen it. Love, love, love A Bit of Fry and Laurie. It only accelerated my vertiginous crush on Hugh Laurie to new planets of land. It is dated in terms of visuals, but glorious in terms of surreal madcap silliness. See if you can spot the episode where Fry actually snaps for real and punches Laurie in the face, lol. In fact, I know what I am watching tonight!

I think you will like Fawlty Towers, as it is Cleese at full run. But it is not necessarily as re-watchable as say, Black Adder.

Quote Originally Posted by Enname View Post
    I think we can safely assume that if it was made in Australia or Britain and pertains to comedy, then I have seen it. Love, love, love A Bit of Fry and Laurie. It only accelerated my vertiginous crush on Hugh Laurie to new planets of land. It is dated in terms of visuals, but glorious in terms of surreal madcap silliness. See if you can spot the episode where Fry actually snaps for real and punches Laurie in the face, lol. In fact, I know what I am watching tonight!

I think you will like Fawlty Towers, as it is Cleese at full run. But it is not necessarily as re-watchable as say, Black Adder.
    Sorry for the late reply been stuck with family issues, that being said Iím pretty deep into Season 1 of Adder and itís nice watching this again after about 6-7 years. I still remember a lot but at the same time some things are fuzzy so itís almost like watching it for the first time again, not quite but close. When I get around to watching A Bit of Fry and Laurie Iíll keep an eye out for that moment for sure!

Lol youíre probably right about Faulty Towers I almost love Cleese in anything so itís a pretty safe bet. Kind of wish this stuff would air more in the states overall but at least I can watch this stuff on Prime. :)