Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Thread: What Television Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Synaesthesia15 View Post
    I'm currently re-watching for the fourth time the complete O.C. series on DVD. I'm currently on Season 2 Episode 10.
    Can't believe it's been nearly 10 years already since this amazing show ended. And each time I see it, again, I always find it fresh, more amazing and attractive than ever before. There's just something about this very particular show that always get my attention; be it the soundtrack, the characters, the locations, the stories.....everything. It's just all perfect and well put together. It was just so well ahead of its time, much like Dawson's Creek (which I grew up with) was.
    Boy....how I miss the days of good 'ol teen-drama..... :/
    lol Mischa Barton.
    I did love that show though, mainly because of Seth and Summer. I tried watching it again last year cause it was streaming somewhere and it unfortunately felt stale to me, except I developed a whole new appreciation for Julie's character.
    Did you ever watch Skins? It's essentially a British version of the O.C.

I just finished BoJack Horseman season 4 on netflix and now I'm sad because it was an unexpectedly sad season and also now there are no more new episodes.

Also finished Game of Thrones but there is entirely too much to say about that one.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Yeah, Mischa Barton was great on that show. I watched it mainly for her and her troubled life. Too bad she decided to drop off from the show.
    She was indeed a great character.
    Haven't heard about Skins (have never seen any commercial on TV). Seems like a good show to watch.
    Now that I have a 4K SmartTV with Netflix and other streaming platforms incorporated, I will definitely look after it as well as other TV shows offerings.
    I missed the whole Hannibal series when it aired on TV. So it might be the perfect time to watch also that, when I have some time off.
    "Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." -Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by blue angel View Post
    I can understand your loathsome view with Twin Peaks The Return, but I enjoyed it and especially liked the ending. I don't want a season four though, I would like for this ending to just sit and be final, it is enough of an ending to me and goes well with the entire story and that it is a work of David Lynch.

While AHS isn't such a mesmerizing show, it is fun to watch and it often brings many laughs. I greatly appreciated being able to do just that, after having been exhausted by watching Twin Peaks The Return, at least for now. AHS usually gets lost in it's own story around the middle, we'll see.
    I didn't HATE S3, it was just really frustrating. I didn't like the constant dead ends and by the end of it I just stopped caring completely. I didn't want or expect the entirety of the show to be wrapped up in a neat little bow, but I had hoped there'd be a decent enough stopping point. I just didn't feel like what we got was that. It's especially shitty because S2 ended in the same way, why not at least try to bring some closure to things? Again, you don't have to close off EVERYTHING. I didn't expect Coop to fight Judy with the power of love or anything. I saw some musings Ep 17 was sort of the ending people wanted and Ep 18 was Lynch's preferred ending. But like I said, I'm going to rewatch it, maybe I'll appreciate it more.

I mentioned Metal Gear. It's a series that is split up into two parts, and kind of wove in and out of itself. Although it "ended" in 2004 with the final segment of part 2, the creator went back and made a few games to fill in the gaps between it and the beginning of the second part. The Phantom Pain, the final entry of the series and final segment of 'part 1' ended on kind of a similar non-sequitur and left a lot of open ended questions, but there were also 5 games worth of story to fill in the gap after the fact and still offered some kind of resolution. Which Twin Peaks... didn't. It built up a lot and ultimately didn't do much of anything with it. It just seems unbecoming of someone as amazing as Lynch, a lot of random stuff that goes nowhere anyone could have done. It feels like if some no-name director did a lot of the same things they'd be fucking crucified for it, and rightfully so. But Lynch gets a free pass and I have no idea why. I'm not new to his work, I've seen his films and loved them. But Twin Peaks was a collaboration, a Lynch/Frost production, so I have to wonder, where did Frost get lost during all this?

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    I just finished BoJack Horseman season 4 on netflix and now I'm sad because it was an unexpectedly sad season and also now there are no more new episodes.
    YES BOJACK HORSEMAN!! I binged watched it in two days and I immediately regretted consuming it so fast.

I feel like this season was one of the more upbeat ones, for once it ended on a sweet positive note instead of Bojack dangling of the abyss like usual or literally trying to kill himself like in the last season :')
    Last edited by Absolution; 09-16-2017 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Spoiler alert

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    It is depressing, both the season and the lack of episodes. So I spent yesterday going back to the first season (second half) to cheer myself up.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

The Good Place- it's a cute show, only 1 season so far.

The Night Shift

anticipating next season of Unbreakable kimmy schmidt
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Nothing current, been re-watching X-Files lately but not in a strict "Watch every episode" way more like watching a handful of each seasons best. Enjoying it hardcore. This is a show I always come back to eventually.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post