Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [041]: Jun 08 2012 - Nova Rock - Pannonia Fields II, Nickelsdorf, Austria - CANCELLED

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Thanks everyone for updating us.

It sucks that another Manson show (festival show, at least it's not his fault whatsoever) are being cancelled. We got 3 already, right?
    Sonisphere filed bankruptcy so that accounts for the other ones being canceled, and this one's an Act of God, but that doesn't make it suck any less for the attendees.

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

Thanks for the article, beat me to it. It basically confirms it, the wind was so strong that parts of the stage could have hurt people. While Linkin Park played, their sound was so shitty, due to the wind, that you could barely hear it.

Visit Banshee's Youtube Channel

We're home and totally pissed off at the organizers. This wasn't an "act of god", such winds are totally normal for this space and season! (or why do you think there are those windmills everywhere around?) There wasn't any extraordinary storm, it did rain for a while, but if the stage would have been built well, it should have withstanded the wind. The wind at the bigger "red stage" wasn't any less, for sure!!! And Backstreet Boys (sorry, Linkin Park) could play. Well the result is - we payed 165 EUR (almost half of my monthly paycheck) for seeing NOTHING. And I was told by the organizers there will be no refund. I'll try anyway, but the chances are low.
    I saw how one of the small pavillons was tied up - with a shoelace and a keychain. I am a girl who does a bit of camping every year and I know how to make those small pavillons windproof much better than these people. Also, there was very little security staff for the mass of people. Fences were broken down. There should have been a security check before getting to the areas before the stage - we never passed it, as the main crowd went through a hole in the fence. I could bring a bazooka in without getting in trouble.
    So, we spent the evening with running about 8km in dust, for nothing. I'm never ever going to see a festival again, especially not in Austria. We should have bought air tickets to Milan for this money instead.

^That must have been so disappointing.

"Act of God" is just a catch-all phrase for weather being blamed, but it sounds more like the festival organizers did a crap job. The whole thing sounds disastrous.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

That's terrible Banshee, you should totally push for a refund though. Don't take no for an answer keep pushing at them for it.
    I'm sure you wont be the only person demanding a refund either, keep at them for it!

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

What I was wondering, did you meet or talk to other Manson fans too? How was the crowd's reaction to the announcement?

That really sucks, and proves once again why I keep away from festivals when I really wanna see a band. Either the sound sucks, or they play at daylight, or just half an hour, or you're like 2 miles away from the stage, or the audience sucks because they're all Linkin Park fans or the whole thing gets canceled. Next time you know, for that money you can have tickets for a solo show + the costs for the trip (to another country) are covered too.

I'm surprised there's no statement from the band yet. The band usually tweets before and after shows. I also wonder how Manson reacted, all dressed up already lol
    Last edited by NapalmHeart; 06-08-2012 at 07:32 PM.

this is pretty much why i don't like festivals or outdoor shows in general. yeah, it can be great if the weather is nice (except for that whole "2 miles away from the stage thing", as already mentioned), but you know how that can go -- rain, wind, excessive heat/humidity, etc. when i'm in the mood for roughing it and dealing with the elements, i go camping. but for concerts? give me a nice sturdy roof over my head, a/c or heat, etc.

The crowd was all pissed off, already after Within Temptation was cancelled, because many people came just to see them too. They were all booing, whistling and throwing stuff on stage. I am a calm and peaceful person, but I really, really wanted to break something too - but there wasn't really anything to break, lol. I hope that at least Manson smashed things for us I do not wonder they did not play, the stage was all shaky and if I was him, I would not play there either.
    When we were leaving and Linkin Park was playing, we were definitely not alone, a whole big crowd was leaving. I will definitely demand a refund. I tried to reach a competent person there, but there wasn't any there already. If there would be, he would probably have a really hard time with me. The security guys also said everything's shit there, also for them, that they didn't sleep for 36 hours and would finally like to go to bed.

Feeling really sorry for you, Banshee! I do hope claiming for a refund will be successful but judging from what you've experienced there has to be some kind of redemption.

I was derterminded to visit NovaRock too but then wasn't able to put that plan into action since my englisch exams started today. I'm glad I didn't lose any money but I feel bad for everyone who ended up frustrated.

Reading that the organisation apparently was far from satisfactory is quite a surprise for me since a couple of friends were full of praise when they told me about this festival. Really sad to hear quite the opposite now. :/

Well the organizers claim it was extraordinary and unexpected weather situation. But I have experienced outdoor shows being played in much worse conditions and noone was hurt and stages/tents were built in a way to withstand "some wind" and nothing moved. These people probably never saw a real storm and I wouldn't want to experience it there, there would probably be casulties if there was one. This festival is in the middle of a field on lowlands, so noone can tell me "oh, we didn't think there will be wind" - as these kind of winds are normal for such places. As I read on their forum, this has happened before at Nova Rock (shows being cancelled because of wind), so it sure wasn't unexpected. Just didn't happen during the main act, so not that many people cared. For me, it's an organization failure and the weather can't be blamed, as it could have been very well forseen. I believe they think the average festival goer won't mind (they just come there to get drunk and don't care much what's going on, as long as there is something loud coming out of some speakers) and they're probably right.

I am very happy we went to see Manson to Paris (which was awsome!), we're also going to Prague, but this was a huge dissapointment, waste of money, time and energy. I planned to see The Cure at Frequency Festival in Austria in August, but am now sure I'll better live without that experience, as the organizer seems to be the same.
    Last edited by Banshee; 06-09-2012 at 04:11 AM.