Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: [014]: Apr 27 2012 - Lupo’s At The Strand - Providence, Rhode Island, USA

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Fantastic photographs sapphire!

Just found another video of Manson in his new shiney/glitterball type helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Josť Leonardo View Post

Just for the record, if anyone's having trouble finding me at the shows or in the footage/pix/Revolver Stream/etc., I'm the guy with the yellow-orange Cub Scout bandanna pumping furiously in the air for the whole show. And let me know if/when you do! It's gonna take FOREVER to go through all this shit when I finally get home, lol.

And thanks, btw...great pix!

:)

This is late and kinda just brief as I'm on a bus so its awkward to type, lol. Anyway, yeah this show was phenomenal! Absolutely brilliant. I'm seriously not a fan of people pushing and shoving like crazy during a show, some is great but for a MM show I like to actually pay attention to it. Personal preference aside, crowd was awesome too. I got pushed to left side and decided just to stay there, i could see everything an hardly any pushing...until ACS came on. The place lost their shit, it was chaotic and amazing. I was pushed through the side barrier, i actually thought i broke my arm at first...it felt weird but turns out its okay not broken i'm sure. :P

After the show while in line for merch I look over and see Fred just standing there, lol. So, I slowly walked over there as not to seem like a crazed fan...noticing that security was trying to kick Fred out, lol. There is a story for that but someone awesome from here will tell it better i'm sure. :P

I shook Fred's hand, totally not realizing it was after midnight so didn't wish him a happy birthday! I did eventually but that's a story for another day, thread, etc.

Can't decide my favorite song or part of show but as for new songs I will say 'Pistol Whipped' stood out to me the most, loved it!!

Also, Personal Jesus. I see people complaining its in the setlist and before this show I agreed, I was hoping it wasn't played but it sounded amazing. Not sure what they added to it but sounds a lot more 'fuller' than during AAG tour. Still though, I wouldn't complain if they dropped it for say The Reflecting God or Angel With The Scabbed Wings...or even another new song!

Another thing I noticed, is all the comments by people in line/in the crowd that know next to nothing about Manson. At least 5 different comments around me about people not even realizing that born villain even existed. Also I have to ask, why do people think its new that Twiggy is back? I heard more than a handful of people asking "is twiggy back?" or "i'm excited to see twiggy back!" Best comment was: "'I'm glad Twiggy decided to come back I knew he was thinking about it but wasn't sure if he'd be back in time for these shows."

So, for anyone hoping Manson to drop playing most the hits/staple songs. Don't see it happening or over half the crowd will shake their heads! :P

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

That's true. People who complain about Manson playing the hit singles are the minority, people like us who spent hours and hours in forums etc. 50% of all people are just casual fans who are fine with any song choices, and 49% of all concerts goers probably just wanna see the phenomenon Marilyn Manson before they die lol.

Also, when I saw Manson in 2009, by then I had heard songs like The Dope Show and Disposable Teens live a lot, I still have to say that there's another reason why he still plays them. The atmosphere in the crowd is simply awesome, everyone singing along to The Dope Show is so powerful and really adds to the concert experience.

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Irresponsible hate anthem.

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

Irresponsible sucks balls, as always. It was great in Dead To The World Tour (not only in the film version, but in the tour itself), and only then.
    He should remove it and put Little Horn back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    After the show while in line for merch I look over and see Fred just standing there, lol. So, I slowly walked over there as not to seem like a crazed fan...noticing that security was trying to kick Fred out, lol. There is a story for that but someone awesome from here will tell it better i'm sure. :P
    AWESOME FAN, right here!

:D

No, but srzly, SO SORRY Tiggz! But I had to finagle my way back OUT of the venue and then IN fucking right after we FINALLY fucking met after ALL these years and I absentminded/'tardedly lost you in the split-second it took me to negotiate that feat with security!

Anyway, I can TOTALLY tell this story! Right by the merch table Fred was being hustled out by he group o' fans who were aware it was him and he graciously side-stepped their ignorance without them even acknowledging his laminate as he finished up friendly conversation and photo-/autograph sessions with everyone.

Furthermore, I'd just like to give an EXTRA shout-out (by way of excusing my entire overexcited rant) and mention that Fred knew twiggiesrabies [sp? sryz, lulz] BY HER GIVEN ACTUAL NAME fucking on sight as soon as she showed him the badass Goon Moon tattoo on her left forearm.

In a hurry and don't have much e-time here, but you gave me an 'in' and I just wanted to point out that this li'l episode speaks VOLUMES about the awesomeness of Fred and our fellow Provider Modulite!

\m/

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Irresponsible sucks balls, as always. It was great in Dead To The World Tour (not only in the film version, but in the tour itself), and only then.
    He should remove it and put Little Horn back in.
    What are you talking about? o.O It sounds good here and probably a million times better if you're actually in the crowd and not just watching a bootlegged video on YouTube.

I agree with bringing back Little Horn, but Hate Anthem only sounding good during the Dead to the World Tour is just bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    AWESOME FAN, right here!

Anyway, I can TOTALLY tell this story! Right by the merch table Fred was being hustled out by he group o' fans who were aware it was him and he graciously side-stepped their ignorance without them even acknowledging his laminate as he finished up friendly conversation and photo-/autograph sessions with everyone.

Furthermore, I'd just like to give an EXTRA shout-out (by way of excusing my entire overexcited rant) and mention that Fred knew twiggiesrabies [sp? sryz, lulz] BY HER GIVEN ACTUAL NAME fucking on sight as soon as she showed him the badass Goon Moon tattoo on her left forearm.

In a hurry and don't have much e-time here, but you gave me an 'in' and I just wanted to point out that this li'l episode speaks VOLUMES about the awesomeness of Fred and our fellow Provider Modulite!

\m/
    THANK YOU for telling this story so I didn't have to! I felt like it would be bragging, but fuck YES he knew me by my BADASS tattoo. It was seriously one of those moments in life that you're not quite sure what to do with yourself. Also, thank you so much, Haz for taking the picture of us.

And just for posterity, this is the tattoo that Fred totally knew me by:

Anyway, I got video of most of the whole show, but it's quality is terrible as I was busy being beaten up by the crowd and the barrier alike. if anything actually came out, I'll post it, but it's highly unlikely.

And as I mentioned in an earlier post, it was rad to hang out with you Tigger, and I can't believe I forgot to mention it in my first post.